Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Arik Air Delays Lagos Bound Passengers For 6 Hours At Heathrow Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Air Delays Lagos Bound Passengers For 6 Hours At Heathrow Airport (8487 Views)

Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja / Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport / Lagos-Bound Train From Ogun Hits Truck (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arik Air Delays Lagos Bound Passengers For 6 Hours At Heathrow Airport by OmoTier1(m): 8:04pm On Nov 22, 2011
^^ the truth is Arik knows they aren't getting it right with customer service, but again they have serious limitation in their operations. As for the issue you raised about the Ash closure, that really was more of Heathrow operational issue than it is Arik's. BA was able to evacute more rapidly due to 'cos of their higher frequency/landing slot at Heathrow compared to Arik.

Personally, I think what Arik and a few other airlines that have shown operational competence need is some funding assistance from the FG using the Bank of Industry. I mean think of it if Arik, Aero, Air Nigeria are able to operate 1000flights combined daily from Nigeria, do you know how much money will come into government bag at the end of the year?

Look at how France and the Dutch government helped the like of Air france and KLM expand and remain standing on their feet. Our government can take a cue. There is no issue here of anti-competition like they have in Europe.
Re: Arik Air Delays Lagos Bound Passengers For 6 Hours At Heathrow Airport by moonraker(m): 11:53pm On Nov 22, 2011
Too Bad

Omo_Tier1:

^^ the truth is Arik knows they aren't getting it right with customer service, but again they have serious limitation in their operations. As for the issue you raised about the Ash closure, that really was more of Heathrow operational issue than it is Arik's. BA was able to evacute more rapidly due to 'cos of their higher frequency/landing slot at Heathrow compared to Arik.

Personally, I think what Arik and a few other airlines that have shown operational competence need is some funding assistance from the FG using the Bank of Industry. I mean think of it if Arik, Aero, Air Nigeria are able to operate 1000flights combined daily from Nigeria, do you know how much money will come into government bag at the end of the year?

Look at how France and the Dutch government helped the like of Air france and KLM expand and remain standing on their feet. Our government can take a cue. There is no issue here of anti-competition like they have in Europe.

Erm i dont think you truly understand what Chaircover is trying to say!!!

Look, in the airline business, there are alot of things that can make an airline

successful and they are some things that can put an airline down. poo happens

but how you handle that poo is what brings the customers back.

Usually when i go to Nigeria, i just use emirates but there was this one time i decided

to try qatar becos to me, their transit time was fantastic. My flight from Osaka to doha left 3hrs

behind schedule but during the delay, we were offered snacks and drinks at the waiting area.

I did miss my connection in doha but qatar airways connected me on an emirates flight to dubai and then

to lagos that same day,  Pls give me one good reason why i wouldnt want to go back to that airline?? huh??

Nigerians should stop praising silly services. We deserve better!!! I have never used Arik air before and seeing

all these going has really put me off. I wouldnt want to choke myself all in the name of been patriotic and poo.

Smh To think that JFK-LOS is 3000 dollars plus in december,  Over my dead body
Re: Arik Air Delays Lagos Bound Passengers For 6 Hours At Heathrow Airport by Nobody: 2:21am On Nov 23, 2011
moonraker:

Nigerians should stop praising silly services. We deserve better!!! I have never used Arik air before and seeing
all these going has really put me off. I wouldnt want to choke myself all in the name of been patriotic and poo.

Bro, you've got it in one. I don't do patriotism - I do good service and customer care. I too have never used Arik Air, but I read the papers, and listen to the news. What I hear is not encouraging.
Re: Arik Air Delays Lagos Bound Passengers For 6 Hours At Heathrow Airport by oderemo(m): 6:37am On Nov 23, 2011
I really dont get omo tier @ all, he/she been doing back flips for arik since page one.
Am @ the side of chaircover, having used arik,b.a., virgin, and most local airlines, i think i have the best view in the arena on which org. Is giving best performance.
On any day i will fly b.a,i gave arik too much slack and now i have had enuff. We gave same partronage to that nigerian airways, what did we get?
its my hard earned moni so i have a choice.
Re: Arik Air Delays Lagos Bound Passengers For 6 Hours At Heathrow Airport by tunderino(m): 2:32pm On Nov 23, 2011
Is it true what i hear that Arik is now having problems. They have not been flying since yesterday. I read a report on Tripadvisor regarding their financial problems just now. I just hope my 98k flight ticket has not gone down the drain.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293795-i9538-k4915606-Arik_Air_Potential_Problems-Banjul.html

“ Arik Air Potential Problems ”
Oct 30, 2011, 7:35 PM
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Hi

Some of you use Arik Air between Banjul and Dakar and for regional flights beyond They have been struggling in recent months and have had aircraft impounded for unpaid debt at several airports including Dakar The Nigerian government had the President the Executive directors and the Managing director arrested 2 days ago alleging massive revenue fraud by the company so I wouldnt rely on their service until we see which way this is going. rgds

Please i need more Information. Thanks
Re: Arik Air Delays Lagos Bound Passengers For 6 Hours At Heathrow Airport by megsbabe: 2:07pm On Dec 09, 2011
how the mighty are falling, that is d way i see Arik Air, They used to be very good in terms or customers' service and what not. The 1st time i flew them, i was so impressed and thot they've earned a lifetime customer! But not anymore, I wouldnt agree to d fact that Nigerians are trying to crucify them but cmon! we do deserve our money's worth, Forget say luggage allowance is good! Virgin would charge u £35 for an extra bag and u wld still get very good service, I love inflight entertainments and i really get pissed when it doesnt work, I have one concern tho, Arik has only two Airbus 340, their flagship aircraft that flies to JFK and LOH, so does that mean that only one aircraft has been operating 4rm LOS-LOH everyday from the past 3-4yrs? If so, does that not raise an issue wiv safety? I mean, i have not d slightest clue abt aircraft safety,
Re: Arik Air Delays Lagos Bound Passengers For 6 Hours At Heathrow Airport by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 09, 2011
//

(1) (2) (Reply)

Going To Kuwait, Wats Your Opinion? / Memorial University Canda,2011 / Hi Guys, I Got An Invitation From A Company In China To Attend A Fair. What Next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.