Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning (29456 Views)

See The HUGE BAT I Killed This Morning / See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall / The Snake I Killed In My Compound, Who Knows The Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by Oxtertee(m): 10:57am On Apr 27
Uncle lala, one of your favorite pet has strayed into my compound

I was on my way back home from work around 6pm yesterday when my wife called that she sighted a snake inside our compound. I advise her to get someone to do justice to it.

She went outside to call a male next house neighbor, but the snake has vanished before they return back and the person left.

I search the whole compound when I returned home but couldn't find uncle lala's pet.

I went for a thorough search this morning few mins pass 10am and found the snake where it was hiding.

I quickly reach out for a long plank to unlive the green color slithering animal & justice was done.

Can someone help identify the specie.......thou it look more like a baby green mamba if I am not mistaken.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by Ibemi: 11:08am On Apr 27
Someone said green snake doesn't bite. I don't know how true it is

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by Pootle: 11:14am On Apr 27
that a baby anaconda cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by iamoyindamola(m): 11:26am On Apr 27
Green rat snake I doubt this is harmful to humans
But you did well I hate that creepy creature

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by 99thEnemy(m): 11:28am On Apr 27
I see any slithering thing, I move.

105 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by Oxtertee(m): 11:31am On Apr 27
Ibemi:

I doubt this

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by Oxtertee(m): 11:32am On Apr 27
99thEnemy:
I see any slithering thing, I move.

I can't imagine a slithering thing sharing same space with my family.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by Oxtertee(m): 11:33am On Apr 27
Pootle:

Ana wetin grin grin grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by mysticwarrior(m): 1:38pm On Apr 27
That is a WEST AFRICAN GREEN MAMBA, it is highly venomous, they spend most of their times in tress but sometimes they come down to hunt prey.

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by Sleekydee(m): 1:55pm On Apr 27
Not true, that's not a Green mamba, that's a spotted bush snake and they aren't venomous.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by Nonexisting1: 1:56pm On Apr 27
Not venomous, na ordinary green snake. Next time, just find food give am chop and send am back to the forests. You could also have kept it as pet to help keep your house free of rats. Take my advice at your own peril.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by Creamypie(m): 2:02pm On Apr 27
Ibemi:
some get venom, the type with triangle shaped head and its under belly lines na one straight line from head to tail, e no divide in to two

1 Like

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by Englishisamust: 4:15pm On Apr 27
That's African langa snake..They are spiritual, when u see such snake. They are sent to kill someone. That snake is not ordinary it is spiritual. U better go to church or mosque and pray because u don get enemies like this..

3 Likes

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by ZACHIE: 4:28pm On Apr 27
Snake experts will flood this thread soon.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by ASAPFERG: 5:20pm On Apr 27
All this people saying it is not venomous.
Abeg snake na snake. Joke with it at your own risk..

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by Phantom233: 6:00pm On Apr 27
iamoyindamola:
Green rat snake I doubt this is harmful to humans
But you did well I hate that creepy creature
Na because you de chop am na, or can the fire be harmful to the pot while cooking?
Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by Chickenandchips(f): 6:05pm On Apr 27
Poisonous or or not, we work with a popular saying :
" The only good snake is a dead snake "

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by Tjra: 6:13pm On Apr 27
Every creepy creature must be killed instantly.

Better safe than sorry.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by Integrafamoo: 6:15pm On Apr 27
Ibemi:
It bites and very poisonous

2 Likes

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by omoadeleye(m): 6:15pm On Apr 27
Are you going to cook it?
Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by Natbrowny: 6:15pm On Apr 27
Thats why pets like ducks are useful.

This size or a much larger one. Ducks have zero joy.

Same goes 4 doze noise making, green sh*ts called frogs.

Ducks to the rescue

2 Likes

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by stanbright(m): 6:16pm On Apr 27
mysticwarrior:
That is a WEST AFRICAN GREEN MAMBA, it is highly venomous, they spend most of their times in tress but sometimes they come down to hunt prey.
We don't have a mamba in Nigeria
That is a bush snake
It's non poisonous

9 Likes

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by Efilse: 6:16pm On Apr 27
Newbies on Nairaland won't know this was once Lala's favourite topic. And we teased him on it.

5 Likes

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by ednut1(m): 6:16pm On Apr 27
Non venomous

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by Lumig: 6:16pm On Apr 27
No be this one sweet-talked Eve into eating the forbidden fruit?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by Starships4u(m): 6:17pm On Apr 27
Pootle:

Ana wetn?

1 Like

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by Passionate888: 6:17pm On Apr 27
Where lala dey sef?

1 Like

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by omoredia: 6:17pm On Apr 27
Faith to steal. Smh. These so called 'men of God' are 95 percent part of the problem of this country. People that will see white and call it black. Shame

11 Likes

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by Niccoloimhotep: 6:18pm On Apr 27
Open the mouth of the snake, if it’s black in colour, then it’s a green mamba
Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by VinnyBaba: 6:18pm On Apr 27
This one na Real Green snake under the Green Grass. undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by ZombieTAMER: 6:19pm On Apr 27
venomous snake
Re: The Snake � I Killed In My Compound This Morning by ipobcannibals: 6:19pm On Apr 27
Tjra:
Every creepy creature must be killed instantly.

Better safe than sorry.
I agree, all creepy creatures like ipob cannibals needs to be eradicated from the surface of the planet

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yahya Usman Ahmad Constructs Airplane Model With Local Materials. Photos / NASA Scientists Finds Message From God On Planet Mars / What Is The Difference Between IT And ICT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.