Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,882 members, 7,838,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Family Tithing In The Diaspora - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Family Tithing In The Diaspora (13981 Views)

Prophet Ufuoma Bernard: "No More Tithing In My Church, Daddy Freeze Is Right" / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 1:22pm On May 01
I000Capacity:
Whats there to doubt? Different Kingdom? Gods kingdom?
@ Old Law of Moses is the national Constitution of God's nation of Israel which He constituted of the people of Israel in the Land of Canaan.
@ the Gospel is the national Constitution of the Kingdom of God which is a Kingdom not of this world that is of the Lost sheep of Israel

Both Kingdoms belong to God but are under different Covenants/Laws.

2 Likes

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Curious345: 9:12am On May 12
Dey play

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Julibet: 9:12am On May 12
That's why it's important to marry someone who has the same convictions and beliefs with you.

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by WantsandMore: 9:14am On May 12
Why don't women submit to men? Why don't women become the helper they were created for to men? The world is far off the rails 🤦🏾‍♂️
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by beryledibor: 9:15am On May 12
OP don't take advices of those people with Nigeria mentality.

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by bro4u: 9:17am On May 12
Righteousness2:

Anyone who you perceive will hinder or limit your walk with GOD and is not willing to change is a BIG RED FLAG!!
RUN AWAY!!
You just wan spoil swt relationship naw abi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Yankee101: 9:18am On May 12
Please don’t be her fool
Be her husband not her fool
If you don’t keep aside for rainy days you’re on your own

rexbuton:

She is saying that tithe is supposed to be a personal matter between God and I. So I asked a question that what if I have a 5% voluntary contribution to an overseas fund, and i kept it private, and one day she stumbled on my account statement and found out that I now have 30k in overseas contributions. Would she be happy I didn’t tell her, and she said of course, I would need to let her know.
This answer got me confused, because if tithe should be a private matter, why should my voluntary contributions from my 20% not be a private matter!?

2 Likes

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by GoodBoi1(m): 9:23am On May 12
Personally, I think tithing as done in today's church is optional. If you insist on paying tithe, since you are in the diaspora, can't your employer deduct tithe from your tax as charity donations and send it to your church?
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by rexbuton: 9:26am On May 12
GoodBoi1:
Personally, I think tithing as done in today's church is optional. If you insist on paying tithe, since you are in the diaspora, can't your employer deduct tithe from your tax as charity donations and send it to your church?

Is is possible
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by OMEGA009(m): 9:30am On May 12
rexbuton:

The good news is that I won a large sum of money from my savings, tens of thousands of dollars.

Pls expatiate on the above so we can judge the matter better. Did you invest your savings or you gambled and won?

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by GoodBoi1(m): 9:33am On May 12

3 Likes

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Simplemeeeee: 9:34am On May 12
In the bible, no one can lay claim to being the owner of the temples. But these churches of today is owned by either an individual or a group of individuals as always shown in their CAC and other documents hence, reflect in the way the tithes and offerings are managed, even by the owner of the church undecided undecided

Be wise my brother

optm:

Well First of, those people paying tithes are not foolish, God instituted tithes as a statue in the old testament in order to make provision for the temple and it's workers the Levites. The work of God here on earth needs finance. If you read the scripture i shared earlier, Jesus said , they should tithe but not neglect important things as love and justice.

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Omalicious1: 9:36am On May 12
rexbuton:
Please this topic wants to tear the family apart.

We are doing well, each of us earns almost 85k per year, I'm in IT, she's in healthcare, and we both work full-time.
I am a Christian, I have never defaulted in tithing in the last 5 years. Not once.
She says tithing is my personal 'problem'. She uses the word problem specifically. She doesn't pay tithe.

This is the present sharing agreement, I bring 70%, she brings 30%.
This 70-30 covers the cost of living, groceries, nursery fees for our baby, and other bills.
before this sharing, we both bring equal amounts for the house mortgage and the car.
When her family needs money, she insists that we share it 50-50 based on her culture.

For my cybersecurity certifications, I pay from my less than 20%, but I have never complained. God has been faithful. My belief is that my tithe covers for the family.
The good news is that I won a large sum of money from my savings, tens of thousands of dollars. I intend to pay tithe, and channel most of the money to my professional development so I can earn more. I don't think I deserve that money I won, that money was from God.
She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?

Focus on God and your hustle...
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Badgers14: 9:36am On May 12
rexbuton:

We are doing well, each of us earns almost 85k per year, I'm in IT, she's in healthcare, and we both work full-time.
I am a Christian, I have never defaulted in tithing in the last 5 years. Not once.
She says tithing is my personal 'problem'. She uses the word problem specifically. She doesn't pay tithe.

This 70-30 covers the cost of living, groceries, nursery fees for our baby, and other bills.
before this sharing, we both bring equal amounts for the house mortgage and the car.
When her family needs money, she insists that we share it 50-50 based on her culture.

For my cybersecurity certifications, I pay from my less than 20%, but I have never complained. God has been faithful. My belief is that my tithe covers for the family.
The good news is that I won a large sum of money from my savings, tens of thousands of dollars. I intend to pay tithe, and channel most of the money to my professional development so I can earn more. I don't think I deserve that money I won, that money was from God.
She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?

Please, what exactly is the wahala here?
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by vozkined: 9:36am On May 12
rexbuton:

She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?
ur wife that isn't tithing God is not blessing her shey?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by profmallor: 9:38am On May 12
Your wife shares her family responsibilities 50-50, but would insist you pay your tithes AlONE, but would alsO shAre your savings> Oga you Are in a wrong relATIonshiP. Waling with God is a personal relationship and you are convinved enough in the grace of God to have been faithful enough to pay tithes for 5 years, God would surely reward you. However, that partner is going to be a clog in your wheel. The Bible asks, can two walk together except they agree, if they do, one is deceiving the other. You seem to be the one olding the short end of the stick.

But didnt you establish this before commitment to marriage?

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by rexbuton: 9:38am On May 12
OMEGA009:

Pls expatiate on the above so we can judge the matter better. Did you invest your savings or you gambled and won?

Not gambling. A bank reward for people with deposits, like a lottery system

2 Likes

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by BodyCount: 9:39am On May 12
rexbuton:

She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?
I think even average people doing well socially can be very stupid. Money is sometimes not selective.
YOUR WIFE IS DEFINITELY SMARTER AND FAR MORE SENSIBLE THAN YOU.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by InvertedHammer: 9:39am On May 12
rexbuton:

She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?

/
I think that the fact that you are tithing should be a ground for divorce. As a supposed leader of a household, your wife has more common sense than you. You work. She works. And at the end, you take part of your money to feed another man's family under the guise of giving to God.

It makes sense why women abandon their husbands abroad--some of you come with factory-fitted stupidity.

/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by dotedote: 9:39am On May 12
Mumu
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by rexbuton: 9:41am On May 12
grin
InvertedHammer:

/
I think that the fact that you are tithing should be a ground for divorce. As a supposed leader of a household, your wife has more common sense than you.

/

😂😂😂
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by thatigboman: 9:42am On May 12
Righteousness2:

Anyone who you perceive will hinder or limit your walk with GOD and is not willing to change is a BIG RED FLAG!!
RUN AWAY!!
keep quiet joor.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by zed7: 9:43am On May 12
First off, people should always marry people with similar values. It's very very important.

That being said, tithing is your thing and if your wife doesn't believe in it, so be it. Continue doing your thing, after all no one forced you. You alone are reaping the benefits.

Fortunately or unfortunately, your benefits will extend to the family as a married man, you don't really have a choice.

1 Like

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by SirLakes: 9:45am On May 12
How is this our problem
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by thatigboman: 9:45am On May 12
profmallor:
Your wife shares her family responsibilities 50-50, but would insist you pay your tithes AlONE, but would alsO shAre your savings> Oga you Are in a wrong relATIonshiP. Waling with God is a personal relationship and you are convinved enough in the grace of God to have been faithful enough to pay tithes for 5 years, God would surely reward you. However, that partner is going to be a clog in your wheel. The Bible asks, can two walk together except they agree, if they do, one is deceiving the other. You seem to be the one olding the short end of the stick.

But didnt you establish this before commitment to marriage?
see them. So u are advising him to divorce his lovely wife due to the fraud called 'tithe'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by BeigJawnson(m): 9:45am On May 12
paxonel:
You are simply a stupid Christian, mumu! grin

Whaat? for 5 years of brain washing?
Mehnnnn! grin grin grin grin

Sorry, don't be annoyed that I'm using those terms to describe you. It is simply what it is

Try to be civil, must you insults before sharing opinions? And you called your self Christian? Be well mannered, a Christian who insults people... HOW CHRISTIAN IS THAT?
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by gohf: 9:47am On May 12
Happy Sunday, fellowship with us and pray with us this evening on telegram by 6pm

t .me/thegateofhope

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by michaelbiz: 9:47am On May 12
optm:

Well First of, those people paying tithes are not foolish, God instituted tithes as a statue in the old testament in order to make provision for the temple and it's workers the Levites. The work of God here on earth needs finance. If you read the scripture i shared earlier, Jesus said , they should tithe but not neglect important things as love and justice.

The work of God needs finance and you are the one God asked to finance it with TITHE?

Where are you people reading in your Bible, I don't understand. Tithes and Offerings (yes both) have been abolished, you know why?

Nobody has the office to collect tithes and offerings.
Read my lips.
NOBODY.

Offerings is a ritual of the old law for different purposes.
Tithes was a command in the old law of a tenth of all your increase.
Take note OLD LAW.

The High Priest was in the office of collecting tithes and offerings in the old law. The law has been fulfilled by the coming of Jesus Christ, whose blood replaced the need to offer God anything in exchange. Jesus OFFERED himself as the ultimate SACRIFICE. He is now the High Priest FOREVER in the order of Melchizedek (that is, having no beginning of days or end of days). Hebrews 6:20

This means, NO OTHER PERSON can collect TITHE. Your pastors and apostles know it. They don't have the authority to collect both "tithes and offerings" because it is no longer a requirement for blessings, remission of sins, protection and so on. And Jesus Christ who is the NEW High Priest DOES NOT require it. So why should anyone collect it? This is why Creflo Dollar and some other pastors came out openly to say the truth about it because it is not possible for a new testament pastor to be in the office of a High Priest.

Go and study the entire Book of Hebrews.

There are only two commands that Jesus Christ gave which fulfils ALL OF THE COMMANDMENTS

Matthew 22:36-40
Galatians 5:14
1. Thou shalt love the Lord thy God....
2. Love your neighbor as yourself.

The rest will sort itself out in those two commands because you will give willingly to help others, not grudgingly. And Christ Himself said, in Matthew 25:40 "And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

May the Holy Spirit grant you understanding.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Monaboo(m): 9:50am On May 12
It is well.

This issue of Tithe, it's only the Holyspirit that will bring it to our understanding.
Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by femi4: 9:53am On May 12
rexbuton:

She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?
She's right. Tithing is your personal problem. It doesn't cover the family, those that are no more paid tithe more than you do.

Let us stop this mentality of attaching our success, protection, growth to tithe...God doesn't work that way

Dangote, Mark, Elon musk et al doesn't pay tithe, I m sure you are not richer than any of them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by Roger3D(m): 9:55am On May 12
rexbuton:

She thinks otherwise.

What's your opinion?
In my opinion your wife is a million times smarter than you by telling you that paying tithes is your personal problem. How can any rational thinking human being willingly hand over 10% of their income to a self appointed religious leader? That's just outright stupidity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Tithing In The Diaspora by nkpommpko(m): 9:56am On May 12
Kobojunkie:
You don't deserve the money but a pastor man who will now use it to pay off his mortgage or even buy his next private jet is the one who is more deserving of it, abi? undecided

For almost 2000 years, Jesus Christ, who never asked anyone for a dime of their money, has never owned a bank account or been shown to have received even a penny from any religious leader, yet Christians(religionists) claim they have given him tons of their wealth by way of their Mogs and Pastors. No be magic be that? grin
they can't under this, they have been mentally manipulated, to serve the selfish interest of their pastors or sorry daddy in the lord. Even Jesus Dem no call am Daddy.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Renouncing My Christian Faith / Which Position Do You Prefer To Sit In The Church? / Today Message @ Dunamis International Gospel Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.