Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

A Response To Pregnant Dolls And Pregnant Men In Kids Clothes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Response To Pregnant Dolls And Pregnant Men In Kids Clothes (97 Views)

Pregnant Man In Kid's TV And Dolls: Are They Now Coming After Our Kids?(Photos) / Is The Skin Colour Of Jesus Christ Important? (A Response To Donnie) / Church Of Satan Endorses Sex Dolls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Response To Pregnant Dolls And Pregnant Men In Kids Clothes by nairalanda1(m): 10:37am On Apr 28
I am a christian, and yes, we are concerned about what our children watch.

But often times, in giving warnings to our children, we tend to use the sensationalism of the web to promote our message.

As an example, this thread...https://www.nairaland.com/8068185/pregnant-man-kids-tv-dolls

It made two assertions

1.That there is a pregnant male doll being marketed to our children

2.That there was a pregnant man on a Nickelodeon show.

I'll take both allegations in their turn.

(DIsclaimer: This does not constitute an endorsement of smut or dirt on kids tv. Parents have to be vigilant and discerning. Our advesary is alive and well).

1.Pregnant male doll being marketed to kids.

Has been proven to be fake. VIde Reuters..

[url]A spokesperson for Mattel told Reuters that “a pregnant male doll is not a Mattel product.”
A reverse image search reveals that the image circulating online originated on a satirical website, Babylon Bee. On May 10, 2022, Babylon Bee released an article with a headline that reads: “Mattel Unveils New Pregnant Ken Doll[/url]

The report is archived here

2. As for the second assertation...yes there was a pregnant man on the Nick show 'Henry Danger'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY2wzcRPI94

It's from season 5 and it is titled Captain Mom. Apparently he became pregnant from eating an alien egg...which last I checked is not part of how trans women get pregnant...really. It's a common sci-fi trope where a human interacts with an alien culture and something goes wrong...somewhere. (and it s quite old as the hills..see a character on star trek enterprise getting pregnant and that was 20 years ago, and he got pregnant by holding the alien's hands...yes, it is that riddiculous..but bear with me). It is viewed as kind of abnromal. throughout the episode.

And anyway, Nickelodeon has had a lot of issues with its programming, so either way parents have to be careful (see the recent documentary Quiet on the set for more details...airs on ID if you have dstv.).

SO in conclusion

1.Allegation one was false

2.Allegation two is a common sci fi trope...an old one even. Nothing to see there...and the character still identifies as a straight male.

My little commentary does not mean we should not be watchful though.

2 Likes

Re: A Response To Pregnant Dolls And Pregnant Men In Kids Clothes by Almunjid(m): 10:59am On Apr 28
The allegation was false?
Re: A Response To Pregnant Dolls And Pregnant Men In Kids Clothes by nairalanda1(m): 11:25am On Apr 28
Almunjid:
The allegation was false?

On the barbie doll, yes. On the pregnant man, somewhat true, but i doubt having an alien baby via eating an alien egg promotes transgenderism...if anything, it promotes misinformation that there are ways of getting pregnant that involve eating something.

1 Like

Re: A Response To Pregnant Dolls And Pregnant Men In Kids Clothes by Oblongata: 11:37am On Apr 28
nairalanda1:
I am a christian, and yes, we are concerned about what our children watch.

But often times, in giving warnings to our children, we tend to use the sensationalism of the web to promote our message.

As an example, this thread...https://www.nairaland.com/8068185/pregnant-man-kids-tv-dolls

It made two assertions

1.That there is a pregnant male doll being marketed to our children

2.That there was a pregnant man on a Nickelodeon show.

I'll take both allegations in their turn.

(DIsclaimer: This does not constitute an endorsement of smut or dirt on kids tv. Parents have to be vigilant and discerning. Our advesary is alive and well).

1.Pregnant male doll being marketed to kids.

Has been proven to be fake. VIde Reuters..

[url]A spokesperson for Mattel told Reuters that “a pregnant male doll is not a Mattel product.”
A reverse image search reveals that the image circulating online originated on a satirical website, Babylon Bee. On May 10, 2022, Babylon Bee released an article with a headline that reads: “Mattel Unveils New Pregnant Ken Doll[/url]

The report is archived here

2. As for the second assertation...yes there was a pregnant man on the Nick show 'Henry Danger'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY2wzcRPI94

It's from season 5 and it is titled Captain Mom. Apparently he became pregnant from eating an alien egg...which last I checked is not part of how trans women get pregnant...really. It's a common sci-fi trope where a human interacts with an alien culture and something goes wrong...somewhere. (and it s quite old as the hills..see a character on star trek enterprise getting pregnant and that was 20 years ago, and he got pregnant by holding the alien's hands...yes, it is that riddiculous..but bear with me). It is viewed as kind of abnromal. throughout the episode.

And anyway, Nickelodeon has had a lot of issues with its programming, so either way parents have to be careful (see the recent documentary Quiet on the set for more details...airs on ID if you have dstv.).

SO in conclusion

1.Allegation one was false

2.Allegation two is a common sci fi trope...an old one even. Nothing to see there...and the character still identifies as a straight male.

My little commentary does not mean we should not be watchful though.

I am sorry, I don't know how to give you a million likes... sad

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

If God Almighty Said That No Other Gods Exist Before Him....then Explain Juju / Please I Need Your Prayers Ooo / Are Men More Valuable Than Women In The Eyes Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.