Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,985 members, 7,828,485 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Can I Make My Mechanic Sign An Agreement - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can I Make My Mechanic Sign An Agreement (381 Views)

Opinions Needed: My Mechanic Said I Should Use Only Water First In New Radiator. / How My Mechanic Tried To Ruin My Car... / Help! My Mechanic Changed Engine Oil Through Dipstick. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Make My Mechanic Sign An Agreement by TheGameYard(m): 9:42am On Apr 29
Hi guys, a quick one. My Mazda 2.3 Hatchback has been parked for over a year now. I was unlucky with rewires who completely messed up the wiring and some other components. Now my present mechanic is requesting 500k to bring it back to shape with assurance. He won't be working on it alone, he has able hands as he has smartly helped me resolve some issues on my Nissan too.
Now the money is quite cumbersome for me and I might be taking a loan to fund it. I have never spent that much to repair the car.
So I want to draft an agreement for us to sign as a guarantee to ensure I won't be wasting money.

Do mechanics sign agreements like that? Also is it legal in Nigeria? Though he never told me it's 50/50. He said it's 100% the car would work.
Re: Can I Make My Mechanic Sign An Agreement by advanceDNA: 9:48am On Apr 29
Car wey u don park for a year......No mechanic will sign such.....

U can only manage risk, by not giving him the money at once.....

Wait fess....

Is he buying engine or transmission, or changing the entire rewiring the entire car??

What does he need 500k for??
Re: Can I Make My Mechanic Sign An Agreement by TheGameYard(m): 4:32pm On Apr 29
According to him, he will be working with A Rewire, A gear Rewire . They will be changing a lot of parts in the hood. But no engine or gear change. Someone in Lagos was asking for 69-650k. But this man is in Ibadan and someone I know well at least.

advanceDNA:
Car wey u don park for a year......No mechanic will sign such.....

U can only manage risk, by not giving him the money at once.....

Wait fess....

Is he buying engine or transmission, or changing the entire rewiring the entire car??

What does he need 500k for??

1 Like

Re: Can I Make My Mechanic Sign An Agreement by fineboynl(m): 4:55pm On Apr 29
Don't do it sell the car. The car will never remain in he same again. Just crap it and sell
Re: Can I Make My Mechanic Sign An Agreement by advanceDNA: 6:20pm On Apr 29
TheGameYard:
According to him, he will be working with A Rewire, A gear Rewire . They will be changing a lot of parts in the hood. But no engine or gear change. Someone in Lagos was asking for 69-650k. But this man is in Ibadan and someone I know well at least.

What they want to buy nor get names.?? Starting to sound like a huge ripoff...

Well..if u can release money in bits to buy what they need ..it may help monitor progress
And be able to raise questions when u don't see u desired outcome........

If u can't release money in bits, maybe they are claiming they have to purchase all they need at once from Alaba or gate-ibadan.... U might want to be sit there with them make them lose what they want to replace before you and see the replacement when they arrive

It's a huge risk...i would have said u should sell as it is...but buying a new car na die for this period...so if 500k can put ur car back to working condition, it might be worth it

1 Like

Re: Can I Make My Mechanic Sign An Agreement by jimts(m): 12:00am On Apr 30
What your mecho is about to do is to carry out a complete restoration of the electrical wiring harness of your car. I see botched wires and missing connectors going to the coils. These are the things he's going to purchase. The Jobe needs wires with matched color coding and missing connectors.

The two major skills required here is knowing how to read wiring diagrams and the actual job of neatly restoring the harness. A job like this is indeed stressful and cumbersome, but believe me, if that's all there is to it, with all this my English, I no fit confidently charge you 500k..Kilode!! If that's really all there is to the job, he can do it in one day and it shouldn't be more than 100k in labour and another 30k is spare parts. You can dash him extra 20k if he does the job to your utmost satisfaction.

#AutoJando
Re: Can I Make My Mechanic Sign An Agreement by Kelklein(m): 3:27pm On Apr 30
No need for written agreement.. Since he said 50/50, then tell him you would give him 50% of the agreed fees, when the work is completed ok.. you pay the remaining 50%..

If he requires more money after the initial 50% payment, he has to source it by himself..
Re: Can I Make My Mechanic Sign An Agreement by Onepiece007: 4:33pm On May 01
Boss sell the car , the mechanic will ask for more later on .
It’s not worth it. Sell and buy a new car

(1) (Reply)

Https://youtu.be/xw5ac87d3wg / Urgent Sales / Composite Car Produced By UNIVERSITY OF JOS Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.