Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,898 members, 7,844,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds (30067 Views)

Felix Osilama Okpoh, Wanted By FBI For $6 Million Scam Surrenders To EFCC / Nwanta Anayoeze Arrested By EFCC For $8.5 Million Scam / Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by dauntless15(m): 2:37pm On May 01
samuelson06:

Same thing here. I lost three interviews because of being a Nigerian. They'll select my CV and send my name to their recruiter but the moment those recruiters know I'm a Nigerian, it ends there.

One even promised to send me money to set up an office but it never worked. I don kuku dey do YouTube now. I won't be applying again. I know how I felt by then. I don't want that feelings again.
Exactly what I'm going through, imagine picking a less qualified applicant over you because of your nationality, it's unfair.

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Fearyourcreator: 2:44pm On May 01
SAMBARRY:
so how then can we change the country,how can other countries respect us when we Keep using greed to destroy each other.if everybody turn to rogue how can you even see space to enjoy your loot? How can your money be safe in the bank, how can you entrust your health with doctors,how can you be safe on the roads ? Nobody wins with selfishness and wickedness
Bros black nations will be like this till the end of times ... We care more about material things pass anything... We mostly don't care about legacy ... Coming generations will be worst
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Jflex07(m): 2:46pm On May 01
dauntless15:
What's annoying is the things they're spoiling for honest Nigerians who are trying to make it legitimately, like me for instance I have great digital skills I spent money and years learning, and everything I tried to get a remote job failed because the moment they realize I'm Nigerian they all take to their heels, everything will be going smooth until I honestly tell them where I'm from cuz they assume we're all the same, now I can't get remote jobs and every options I've tried to legally leave this country has failed, it's unfair that everyone has to pay the price for the sins of some stupid people, make una pity us.
The same thing I am passing through. I spent money,time to learn a digital skill,yet I can't secure any remote job, not even an internship.
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Pluto33: 3:05pm On May 01
digitalman2811:
I'm not surprised that those haters are off this tread,because certain names weren't mentioned.

Must everything be tribal?? Haba!! angry
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by samuelson06(m): 3:18pm On May 01
dauntless15:
Exactly what I'm going through, imagine picking a less qualified applicant over you because of your nationality, it's unfair.

If you want to continue applying, build projects. Maybe through your project, they may have interest in you. But for me, YouTube is calling now. I won't like anyone to mess up my mood again.
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by favor914: 3:20pm On May 01
heklcoon:
It does not end well for scammers.
We need reparation for the over 400 years of slavery, even our 40 acres & a mule, we still dey wait for.
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by 2mch(m): 3:44pm On May 01
These are the ones that will reach abroad and buy house in 6months. Whereas the ones working legitimately no see house buy for 10yrs. Then their brothers will be shouting Japa! Once you travel you must buy house in 1month. Ask that your brother what scam he is into before you Japa.

US jail for fraud anything from 5-10yrs and you will pay the money back.

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Goodman247: 3:52pm On May 01
Not every Nigerian is violent, not every Nigerian is a fraudster

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by flipdat(m): 3:54pm On May 01
favor914:
We need reparation for the over 400 years of slavery, even our 40 acres & a mule, we still dey wait for.
who’s we? none of your forefathers were slaves 😂

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:55pm On May 01
TheBillyonaire:
Sounds watery and spurious.

No plaintiff, no hard evidences just looking for black people to fill the jails.

There is hard evidence otherwise there would not have been an indictment. They are being charged by the federal government on behalf of the plaintiffs. I can assure you that one of them has already turned on the rest and told the Feds everything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by favor914: 4:02pm On May 01
flipdat:

who’s we? none of your forefathers were slaves 😂
If no be guilty conscience dey worry, why did you bother responding?
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Nolevel666: 4:06pm On May 01
JuicyStar:
Some people would claim to japa because of the Nigeria economy, then they end up going to a land of opportunities and get into crime. The problem certainly is not Nigeria but Nigerians. Fast money in other to show off is in our DNA.

A phenomenon resulting from the watching of nollywood dramas
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by overseasnbeyond: 4:14pm On May 01
We already got enough black in jail. Be careful for every monetary transaction there is a source code.
TheBillyonaire:
Sounds watery and spurious.

No plaintiff, no hard evidences just looking for black people to fill the jails.
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by BiGVEEN58(m): 4:45pm On May 01
Agba picker in the net
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by 89green: 4:57pm On May 01
Riskymarvelous:
they picked prison

grin
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by dauntless15(m): 5:38pm On May 01
samuelson06:

If you want to continue applying, build projects. Maybe through your project, they may have interest in you. But for me, YouTube is calling now. I won't like anyone to mess up my mood again.
Haha person must survive attitude, I love that, thanks bro but I think I'm done trying too, no point obsessing over what I can't control.
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by dauntless15(m): 5:39pm On May 01
Jflex07:
The same thing I am passing through. I spent money,time to learn a digital skill,yet I can't secure any remote job, not even an internship.
The whole world see us as nothing but dubious scammers, it's unfortunate but it's something we must live with, even on Upwork they prefer indians and Filipinos over us, it's that bad.
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by 360command: 5:44pm On May 01
For dem to burst all this boys, dem for don make like two hundred thousand to 2 million dollars or more. Dem for don dey monitor them for about 1 to 4years Before them hold them..

Some dey accept their faith when dem catch them. Some whey smart dey dey build hotels for 9ja or buy houses.

A few smart ones dey buy Pali for the Caribbean just incase Casala burst.
A few get citizenship for other country like Italy, UK before dem enter US to continue the hustle.
Some dey on greencard.

I don hear/see story. But e no worth am..
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by SAMBARRY: 5:48pm On May 01
Fearyourcreator:

Bros black nations will be like this till the end of times ... We care more about material things pass anything... We mostly don't care about legacy ... Coming generations will be worst
if that is the case Nigerians should just accept their fate and stop complaining endlessly on tv and radio about corruption and maladministration since they're not ready to have the virtues that'll bring the positive change
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by ScamDemicEra: 6:14pm On May 01
SAMBARRY:

SAMBARRY:
Una don carry una stupidity reach America.wonfi sheyin ni.must you steal before you become successful?

You're already giving oyinbos the impression that you're no better than the leaders you complain about.people are yet to get over the shock of Yaya Bello's kleptomania,una don start una own

ScamDemicEra:

....... chicken or egg, which comes first ??

SAMBARRY:
I don't understand whatever it is that you're driving at but there's no justication for stealing

.... when the leadership space is filled with all kinds of occultists/satanists, crooks, drug dealers etc then the followership can't be much different.

Cleanup the leadership space FIRST and the followers will fall in line.

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by overseasnbeyond: 7:53pm On May 01
What kind of job you wants,
If you live in US territory, I can help if you are legal to work.
My job is recruiting.
dauntless15:
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Bellotelli: 8:21pm On May 01
TemplarLandry:
grin
Dem. Don finally pick pickers
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by dauntless15(m): 8:32pm On May 01
overseasnbeyond:
What kind of job you wants,
If you live in US territory, I can help if you are legal to work.
My job is recruiting.
Us territory how? I'm in Nigeria, and I can do most tech jobs, tech admin, customer support, project management, UI and UX design, WordPress development, web design, QA analyst, graphics designer.
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by overseasnbeyond: 9:42pm On May 01
Sorry I can't help.
dauntless15:
Us territory how? I'm in Nigeria, and I can do most tech jobs, tech admin, customer support, project management, UI and UX design, WordPress development, web design, QA analyst, graphics designer.
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Thcounsellor: 11:29pm On May 01
Are you a Programer? If yes, what language are you into? And how good are you?

dauntless15:
What's annoying is the things they're spoiling for honest Nigerians who are trying to make it legitimately, like me for instance I have great digital skills I spent money and years learning, and everything I tried to get a remote job failed because the moment they realize I'm Nigerian they all take to their heels, everything will be going smooth until I honestly tell them where I'm from cuz they assume we're all the same, now I can't get remote jobs and every options I've tried to legally leave this country has failed, it's unfair that everyone has to pay the price for the sins of some stupid people, make una pity us.
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by rumu3485: 5:00am On May 02
1stGenAmerican:

There is hard evidence otherwise there would not have been an indictment. They are being charged by the federal government on behalf of the plaintiffs. I can assure you that one of them has already turned on the rest and told the Feds everything.
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Maysdevices(f): 6:05am On May 02
onome2013:
Scamming innocent people of their HARD EARNED MONEY. GIVING SOME PEOPLE'S SHORT LIFE , DISGRACING OUR COUNTRY, & MAKING THE WORLD NOT TO TRUST ANY NIGERIAN AGAIN.
I was in a TilTok platform with some others whom are from Canada & USA, we were asked to introduce ourselves, as soon as I called my name and that I am from Nigeria, they blocked me not to participate in the discussion again. THAT WAS HOW I FINALLY EXITED MYSELF FROM TICTOK. WHAT A SHAME.
We need to change our ways, in other to redeem our good image, because we are the most intelligent being on earth.
Your last line if read as a serious sentence and not a joke, is capable of producing 3days worth of laughter in one hour

Please delete it, medically, this is fatal to anyone with a working brain
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Fearyourcreator: 6:28am On May 02
SAMBARRY:
if that is the case Nigerians should just accept their fate and stop complaining endlessly on tv and radio about corruption and maladministration since they're not ready to have the virtues that'll bring the positive change
NIGERIAns that can't pay tax like the west but wants their country to look like the west ... That's why we can't stage a national protest we know as citizens we don't really contribute our quota ... The west now I can't be paying $3 for every $10 directly or indirectly that I know make I no go out drag government like mad man ... Na why many of us no fit really drag government normally... Businesses no even fit talk shit cus if them start with those ones ehn ... Lolzzz... Na jail cus many businesses evade taxes...

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by SAMBARRY: 1:19pm On May 02
Fearyourcreator:

NIGERIAns that can't pay tax like the west but wants their country to look like the west ... That's why we can't stage a national protest we know as citizens we don't really contribute our quota ... The west now I can't be paying $3 for every $10 directly or indirectly that I know make I no go out drag government like mad man ... Na why many of us no fit really drag government normally... Businesses no even fit talk shit cus if them start with those ones ehn ... Lolzzz... Na jail cus many businesses evade taxes...
in that case make bee dey patch am dey go.make we dey pray for change make we no pay tax.no wonder politicians don see Nigerians finish because I dey always wonder wetin dey give these politicians this level of audacity to be stealing with recklessness while your state and it's people are deteriorating
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Fearyourcreator: 3:02pm On May 02
SAMBARRY:
in that case make bee dey patch am dey go.make we dey pray for change make we no pay tax.no wonder politicians don see Nigerians finish because I dey always wonder wetin dey give these politicians this level of audacity to be stealing with recklessness while your state and it's people are deteriorating
Many wey dey always blow yeye grammars here sef can really say dey pay tax normal normal ... Same with their businesses... Person wey dey make one billion monthly go say na 30m ... So them no go too pay tax ... Now tell me how that company go drag that government when they know what they too have done ... Bros if government do nonsense carry them go court ... I have seen people win the government wella ... But how many ... We all know Wetin we dey do ... NIGERIAns wey Sabi shortcut and Sara pass anything... Lolzzzz... Many wey dey shout here bros 500k fit make them collect life ... Person wey get still wan reap another... Bros we madt gan ... Na military rule with military leader wey get good intentions... Do anyhow collect beating no time ... Open fire for anyone wey break law make everybody brain set ... Like them kill them dimka then wey everybody go dey make them know say do rubbish person follow die like that... E get one property my team some years ago rented for a certain business ... Bros the guy that owns the property don die teytey ... He was not up to age 30 like 29 when he died .. I heard he has over 7 properties as at then ... After he died the family sold almost every of the property and left only that one we are using and it was because we developed it to suit the business we dey do then ... His wife and children be like later go rent house... Imagine that kind family one of them hold public office ... Just imagine ... Imagine someone stole from me and still begging to steal more cus she has a lot of responsibilities... Bros no be cap ooo... Bros I fear Nigerians pass anything... All those Nigerians are wonderful people na cap... Comot go UK need apartment our people dey kala one another like madt ... Bros matter plenty ... I stopped blaming the people in government longtime ago ... I don't expect much from them peace stay my life ooo ma adjust I dey adjust myself anyhow them bring am , I will survive do fine and be happy ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Fearyourcreator: 3:06pm On May 02
SAMBARRY:
so how then can we change the country,how can other countries respect us when we Keep using greed to destroy each other.if everybody turn to rogue how can you even see space to enjoy your loot? How can your money be safe in the bank, how can you entrust your health with doctors,how can you be safe on the roads ? Nobody wins with selfishness and wickedness
Masses will say the leaders the leaders will say the masses are not helping matters... To me let the masses help one another and preach honesty ,hardwork and Patience from family to community... T
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Oringo1: 7:57pm On May 02
They are everywhere both Private and Public Institutions..
My own be say
Run as fast as you can from anything called Insurance Company in Nigeria..They don't pay claims.

Example..IGI INSURANCE COMPANY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Charles Uwagbale: NDLEA Arrests Drug Lord, Recovers 12.4million Pills Of Opioids / Customs Intercept 2 Dangote Trucks Filled With 365 Bags Of Fake Rice(photos) / Helen Mukoro Idisi Arrested In Spain For Posing As UN Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.