Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,808 members, 7,844,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

How Do You Keep Faith After Asking God For A Blessing For 16years - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Keep Faith After Asking God For A Blessing For 16years (1007 Views)

Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse / Its Sunday: What Are You Asking God For? / Is Religion Or Practising 2 (main) Religions A Curse Or A Blessing For Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Keep Faith After Asking God For A Blessing For 16years by newintexas: 4:14am On Nov 21, 2011
i have been looking on to God for a particular blessing for more than sixteen years. Its not children because he has blessed me with three beautiful children. Its not money because I do not lack. Its not health because I am healthy. But I need an understanding of why this particular request can't be granted and its even more puzzling because he has really blessed me with every other thing. This request will not break me if I don't get it, but it will definately make my life better but its just like a bridge that i cannot cross. i just want an understanding of why this will be.
Re: How Do You Keep Faith After Asking God For A Blessing For 16years by tpia5: 7:14am On Nov 21, 2011
If you've asking for 16 years with no answer, then maybe that's your answer.

The bible says sometimes we ask amiss.

It would help though, to have an idea of what you were asking for though you dont have to reveal it for privacy reasons.
Re: How Do You Keep Faith After Asking God For A Blessing For 16years by Image123(m): 7:22am On Nov 21, 2011
You're blessed already as you've said. It's suprising that you're asking how you'd keep faith. Count your blessings. You've got childREN, you've got good health, seems you've got wealth. Many don't even have these and are keeping faith. Hold on to God, and let nothing separate you from His love(if you're in His love,that is). Ask God if He's willing to give you your request. If yes, hold on, you'll get it. It's also possible that it may not be God's perfect will to give your particular request. It may be you're not asking enough. It may be there's an hindrance to your receiving this particular request. Sometimes, God in His infinite wisdom doesn't give us somethings when He sees it could hurt us more than help us. It may hurt your consecration, your love, your fruit, your meekness, your eternal life. Sometimes, maybe we're not ready for what we ask, and yet think we are. So many reasons, but firstly, ask God if He's willing to give you your request.
Re: How Do You Keep Faith After Asking God For A Blessing For 16years by Joagbaje(m): 7:38am On Nov 21, 2011
@OP
Even though promised us all things , yet our desire must be according to his plans and purpose. As you know his will your desires get more refined.

1 John 5:14
14 And we are sure of this, that he will listen to us whenever we ask him for anything in line with his will.
Re: How Do You Keep Faith After Asking God For A Blessing For 16years by itoldu: 8:21am On Nov 21, 2011
keep the hope alive and it will come to pass
Re: How Do You Keep Faith After Asking God For A Blessing For 16years by Dyt(f): 8:48am On Nov 21, 2011
dont u think dere s a reason 4 d pause of ur request?
HE does things so we cld v reasons look up, kneel n roll 2 give HIM glory n adoration.
i thank u FATHER 4 givin me lyf, hope n reasons 2 call u GOD
Re: How Do You Keep Faith After Asking God For A Blessing For 16years by seyibrown(f): 1:28am On Nov 22, 2011
All things work together for good to them that love God! smiley Your not having it is for 'an expected end'! smiley , and you were built to be able to deal with not having it yet! If God has promised it, you'll get it; Abraham got Isaac! He will do it for his name's sake!
Re: How Do You Keep Faith After Asking God For A Blessing For 16years by newintexas: 5:20am On Nov 22, 2011
Thanks for all the replies. Your words were just a confirmation of what I was already feeling. But sometimes in life we just need reasurance and you all gave it to me. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Going On A Tour In The Masonic Lodge In Dublin This Weekend. / Sound Biblical Teaching On Daniel 7 Vs 13 Needed / Evangelical Christians Want To Start World War 3 To Speed Up The 2nd Coming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.