Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. (1891 Views)

75 Bible References On Drinking Alcohol / FAILED PROPHECIES OF THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY WITH REFERENCES!!! / Does Jesus Know What Causes Sin? Thank Goodness He Doesn't. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by Backslider(m): 5:31pm On Sep 21, 2007
The Answer is yes Jesus knew when he will return.

And no he is not a liar.
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by KAG: 11:25pm On Sep 21, 2007
Backslider:

The Answer is yes Jesus knew when he will return.

And no he is not a liar.

Biblical reference please. Mark 13: 32 "No-one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father", says otherwise.
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by Jen33(m): 1:05am On Sep 25, 2007
'Jesus' promised in several places that he would return before the end of the lifetimes of those he was addressing.

''Truly I say unto you. Many standing here will not taste of death before the son of man comes in the clouds, ''

That was over 2000 years ago. I can imagine many who dropped all they were doing back then to follow him based on that promise must have felt sorely disappointed and let down (and lied to)  as they clocked 95 years and still no sign of ''the lord''.

All this of course, is assuming anyone called Jesus existed in the first place and that the entire story isn't just made up.
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by Infidel: 1:35am On Sep 25, 2007
yes i know when he is coming! He's coming next week to make sure he attends the gay festival happening in newyork. He cant miss it for anything. Hopes he doesnt forget his lubricant cos some Hot gay blokes would love to celebrate his second coming with some great gang banging grin
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by Dios(f): 5:55am On Sep 25, 2007
That guy does look fruity in that "picture" xtians try to pass off has him. Just another proof of their delusion, a caucasian with long hair and blue eyes is supposed to be the middle eastern man in the bible. IDIOTS
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by TayoD1(m): 6:29am On Sep 25, 2007
@Jen33,

'Jesus' promised in several places that he would return before the end of the lifetimes of those he was addressing.
Several places hen? Please provide more refernces to butress your point. Abi na lie you dey float?

''Truly I say unto you. Many standing here will not taste of death before the son of man comes in the clouds, ''

That was over 2000 years ago. I can imagine many who dropped all they were doing back then to follow him based on that promise must have felt sorely disappointed and let down (and lied to) as they clocked 95 years and still no sign of ''the lord''.
You will need to understand what the Bibl;e refers to as death before you can appreciate what Jesus said here. He does not mean just physical death but spiritual one. Any christian who dies does not experience death as use in this scripture. So get your understanding straightened out.
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by Dios(f): 6:46am On Sep 25, 2007
You will need to understand what the Bibl;e refers to as death before you can appreciate what Jesus said here. He does not mean just physical death but spiritual one. Any christian who dies does not experience death as use in this scripture. So get your understanding straightened out.

yeah, put your own spin on it.
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by lafile(m): 8:56am On Sep 25, 2007
Can somebody please refer to the topic? Dios and Infidel can be conveniently ignored.
Backslider can you back up your statements from scripture? This is the first i'm hearing this o.
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by cgift(m): 12:27pm On Sep 25, 2007
Dios:

That guy does look fruity in that "picture" xtians try to pass off has him. Just another proof of their delusion, a caucasian with long hair and blue eyes is supposed to be the middle eastern man in the bible. IDIOTS

See this : IDIOTS ; DIOS, I guess, a shortened form of IDIOTS grin grin grin
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by Dios(f): 1:15pm On Sep 25, 2007
cgift:

See this : IDIOTS ; DIOS, I guess, a shortened form of IDIOTS grin grin grin

grin Ok I'm the idiot? What about you? A black man who believes in some mythical jew to descend from the clouds and rescue him. And in this jew's story,accounts of his activities from age 12 to 30 are "lost".
You are a black man who refers to the bible to trace his lineage, because i know you also believe in that noah story.

And I'm the idiot? grin
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by IDINRETE: 1:34pm On Sep 25, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Dios Dios Dios
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by cgift(m): 8:30pm On Sep 25, 2007
Dios:

You are a black man who refers to the bible to trace his lineage, because i know you also believe in that noah story.

And I'm the idiot? grin

You must have evolved from apes grin
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by Dios(f): 2:02am On Sep 26, 2007
cgift:

You must have evolved from apes grin

That wasn't my point but if you say so cheesy. At least I evolved, YOU ain't nothing but a trained monkey. Now grab a banana and go dance for your kike.
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by cgift(m): 9:32am On Sep 26, 2007
Dios:

That wasn't my point but if you say so cheesy. At least I evolved, YOU ain't nothing but a trained monkey. Now grab a banana and go dance for your kike.

Now you are behaving like one of your greatgrand fathers, thought you have completely evolved into a full blown human grin
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by Dios(f): 12:26pm On Sep 26, 2007
cgift:

Now you are behaving like one of your greatgrand fathers, thought you have completely evolved into a full blown human grin

Ok, Descendant of Noah, hatever you say. grin Dumb coon.
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by cgift(m): 5:01pm On Sep 26, 2007
okay Dios. We have had enough fun. Lets relax. The messag is this: God will rveal himself to you to show that He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Creator of heaven and earth.
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by jerrymania(m): 5:15pm On Sep 26, 2007
cgift:

okay Dios. We have had enough fun. Lets relax. The messag is this: God will rveal himself to you to show that He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Creator of heaven and earth.

Well brother reason out what IDOIS or DIOS is pointing out. whats your imagination of the likeness of the earthly Jesus?according to your thinking is he not a white man,blues eyes and with a long hair probably bringing out a caucasian personality? I really thought about it that though Jesus is true and Christianity is true as a way of life,then it must have some fallacies as a Religion. There must be some strong input from western elements in the Christian Religion. And one of them is the personality of Jesus-a caucasian. They will never agree he was dark skinned.
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by Dios(f): 10:09pm On Sep 26, 2007
jerrymania:

Well brother reason out what IDOIS or DIOS is pointing out. whats your imagination of the likeness of the earthly Jesus?according to your thinking is he not a white man,blues eyes and with a long hair probably bringing out a caucasian personality? I really thought about it that though Jesus is true and Christianity is true as a way of life,then it must have some fallacies as a Religion. There must be some strong input from western elements in the Christian Religion. And one of them is the personality of Jesus-a caucasian. They will never agree he was dark skinned.

Thank you, but he wasn't dark skinned, he looked like saddam or choose any middle eastern man you see. I feel you're trying to say he was black. And that's IF he existed at all.
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by analyt82(f): 6:47pm On Sep 27, 2007
Dios, some of your comments on other threats were interesting, offensive and at time controversial.  Actually even funny at times b/c of your audacity  shocked  N E way, I don't mind those b/c I can agree or disagree. Not that serious, right.  BUT, these threads from this room make you sound racist. Are you? lipsrsealed  undecided   sad  angry  undecided
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by Backslider(m): 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2007
I thank God that I posted this thread.

You have made your statements now read what the bible says you true students of Scripture.

Acts 1 v 6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

7And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

now look at the passage very well.

This confirms that the resurrected Jesus Knew but could not tell. but the Jesus the son of Man and Son of God did not know because this made him total man and total God. Jesus as a man Could not tell the Disciples.

If you look at the revelation of John The Divine we see Jesus doing the revelation to John.
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by IDINRETE: 1:16am On Sep 28, 2007
Backslider:

This confirms that the resurrected Jesus Knew but could not tell. but the Jesus the son of Man and Son of God did not know because this made him total man and total God. Jesus as a man Could not tell the Disciples.

jesus the son of man and son of god
total man and total god

these are incompatible statements and preposterous
how do you reconcile these utter absurdities?

how can he be son of man at the same time son of god? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
how can he be total man and total god? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by Dios(f): 2:43am On Sep 28, 2007
analyt82:

Dios, some of your comments on other threats were interesting, offensive and at time controversial.  Actually even funny at times b/c of your audacity  shocked  N E way, I don't mind those b/c I can agree or disagree. Not that serious, right.  BUT, these threads from this room make you sound racist. Are you? lipsrsealed  undecided   sad  angry  undecided

I know I sound racist sometimes, especially when I call him a kike. But I live in the states and race plays a great role in everyday life(you live in carolina so you definitely know). Now I'm not basing all my arguements on the race of this god who supposedly died for all mankind but do you think people of other races could follow black a god like that without us hearing whispers of "nigger god". It pains me to see people quote the bible when talking about history, it's like they don't know any great black person from the middle ages to compare someone or a deed to. Then they are waiting for this dude to descend from the sky and take them to some fantasy land. Just look at christianity and islam from my point of view, ain't nothing black abouyt them and the Nation of Islam people crack me up to. It's like black history didn't exist before people like Mungo Park "discovered" the river niger, that's what I was taught in school, that some cracker discovered a river where our forefathers lived like they weren't fishing on this river before mungo gay. Then the damn slave trade and colonization, imagine the bastard priests baptizing the captives before locking them into cargo area of the ship so when they died so they won't go to hell all in the name of jesus. angry  Now the slave trade ended up making this country  very prosperous  , and I love this place grin but the flip side of the coin is that colonization destroyed Nigeria and most of africa, and that "colo" mentality is what's responsible for blacks thinking that jesus is the only true son of god and is the messiah that's going to save them from the evils of their thieving government who hide behind religion(christianity and islam). Imagine waitning for some white dude(jesus) to come save you from the evils brought on you by other white dudes. That's my gripe but I'm not racist. I HATE EVERYBODY EQUALLY.
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by Jen33(m): 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2007
Dios, my guy, abeg tell them. You know what really gets me about this whole christianity thing is, let's assume Jesus was around 2000 years ago and did all the things he's credited with, how come this good news failed to filter down to West Africa for 1,800 years or thereabout, only to land on our laps when whites decided they required slaves to work their massive plantations in the New world?

Think of all those millions of our ancestors who would have escaped the hell wrought by their 'heathen' ways, if only the apostle Paul and his ''disciples'' had just caught the boat down the Nile to inform brothas about ''the lord'', or mounted a donkey down the Sahara to spread the 'good news of the kingdom'.

Or maybe they thought the Africans would boil and eat them for dinner??   grin

And why did the colonialists map out their territories of capture  by placing little models of churches along their intended line of conquest?

Sounds life a psy-op operation gone exceedingly well, 

Even the CIA would cringe at the efficiency of its execution.
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by Orgzpandemic: 10:58pm On Mar 06, 2012
Lord almighty, people waiting for Jesus' return, lol! Incredible how a sustained propaganda campaign can turn millions of Africans mad simultaneously, ha ha!! Yeah sure that ugly cracker will come back and save you from huis brothers who are responsible for every misery in Africa.
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by choosen1: 11:33pm On Mar 06, 2012
Re: Did Jesus Know When He Will Return Back To Earth Please Bible References. by Orgzpandemic: 1:21am On Mar 07, 2012
Come for my holy bride? I think you need some time with a good psychiatrist. Worship God and stop your madness. God is not a man, and it is blasphemy that you think he can be.

(1) (Reply)

Why God Tried To Kill Moses / I Think The Nigerian Originated Church Denominations Are Failing! / "This Friendship Will Last Forever" -pst. Benny Hinn Speaking About Pst Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.