Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

How First Bank ATM Machine (Trinity Branch) Stole My N20k - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How First Bank ATM Machine (Trinity Branch) Stole My N20k (1871 Views)

Electric Cable At First Bank ATM Mile 12, Lagos (photos) / How A Lady Stole 55,000 Naira Inside First Bank At Lekki / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How First Bank ATM Machine (Trinity Branch) Stole My N20k by doctokwus: 12:37pm On Nov 21, 2011
This happened jst this morning.Let me paint d whole scenario of what happened bc I still am dumbfounded as I type this:I went to withdraw some mony using one of the two 1st bank atm machines opp trinity police station,apapa.B4 I used d machine(d one by d left as u approach),some men were in a line waiting to take their turns in d oda atm,I was curious but joined d queue).Then one of d staffers came out,probably d one in charge of d machines& told us to also use d oda one,d man ahead of me rfused,saying dst same machine had "eaten" his N40k;being in a rush coupled wt d assurance frm d staff,I went,inserted my card,pressd amt I needed;a receipt for d amt was issued,but no cash was dispensed,I confirmed frm my balance that indeed I had bn debited,confirmed later wt an alert,but no naira came out.I went in to lodge a complaint wt d receipt whc is still wt me,but was told that since I dnt av an account wt d bank,av to go& lodge complaint wt my bank,I did& deduction was confirmed& dispensing also,told it has to do wt d 1st bank machine,whc I knew was right bc d oda machine was dispensing w/o problm.
What I figured has hapened is that deliberately or otherwise,d cash dispensing slot does not open evn when mony is dispensed.
Av left left everything for God and dis forum,not that I can't pursue it,but (1)I wud lose more if I spend d time runnin around for N20k (2) am in a no win situation:somebody or sth was done to jam d dispensing slot,meanwhile my acc will confirm debiting& dispensing,so it wud seem am d one that collected d mony,but has turned around to deny it.
Nigerians is this d new face of Atm fraud,whatever,but AV BN DUPED OF MY HARD. EARNED N20k BY FIRST BANK TRINITY ATM MACHINE
Re: How First Bank ATM Machine (Trinity Branch) Stole My N20k by arbitrage: 12:48pm On Nov 21, 2011
usually within 24 hours, your money would be reverted from my experience. I have experienced such with my bank and other banks and it was not up to 24 hours (as the bank told me) that such money became credited back to my account when I checked my balance. A particular occasion, the machine kept counting for so long that I wished it would stop making the money-counting noise and release my card. But before the end of that day, i saw my balance without filling any complaint form inside the bank. They just said the system will auto credit my account back.
Re: How First Bank ATM Machine (Trinity Branch) Stole My N20k by doctokwus: 1:11pm On Nov 21, 2011
arbitrage:

usually within 24 hours, your money would be reverted from my experience. I have experienced such with my bank and other banks and it was not up to 24 hours (as the bank told me) that such money became credited back to my account when I checked my balance. A particular occasion, the machine kept counting for so long that I wished it would stop making the money-counting noise and release my card. But before the end of that day, i saw my balance without filling any complaint form inside the bank. They just said the system will auto credit my account back.
Also heard that cash counting noise noise& its d same reason why I feel I can't do much about it,my acc was debited& cash dispensed,but jst wudnt open frm d dispensing slot or hole.Besides I dnt av much hpe of ur experiece hapenin to me bc receipt was issued,showin amt dispensed& my new balance.Av had oda instances of deductions that corrected itself,but never in those instances did I hear that counting noise,that's y am not all that hopeful.Av moved on,whatever hapened is best left for God& d bank to do sth about it.Thanks for d input
Re: How First Bank ATM Machine (Trinity Branch) Stole My N20k by yamakuza: 6:55am On Nov 22, 2011
^ your bank handled the matter poorly.

Tell us what bank you use (not the FBank) so we can avoid them.

Dispense errors from your bank's ATM are autoreversed within 24hrs.

Dispense errors from other bank's ATMs can be corrected within 8 to 14 days if you fill an ATM Dispense Error form at your bank and they verify your claims with the paying bank (ATMs have cameras).

Though the 2wks can drag to a month sometimes, you'll know if u r not getting a refund by that time.
Re: How First Bank ATM Machine (Trinity Branch) Stole My N20k by doctokwus: 9:24am On Nov 22, 2011
Update:up to this moment I have not seen any auto reversal of d wrong cash dispense.D amt was frm a uba acct.To b fair to uba,I don't think d problm is theirs bc its d bank that owns d atm that is responsible for arranging cash on d machine,not ur primary bank.
I could clearly hear d sound of d cash being dispensed,but it jst wud not come out frm d dispensing slot,den d receipt came out.So how do u now convince anybody dat u didn't collect it,d one person that wud know is clearly d person that arranges d cash,bc I guess my own sum will b lying unclaimed on d atm 'counter'.Av gvn up,d stres& time I wud waste in running around to reclaim d N20k,in d best case scenario is clearly not worth it.
Deliberately done or due to malfunction,I bliv d law of karma will surely catch up wt d bank that stole my N20k
Re: How First Bank ATM Machine (Trinity Branch) Stole My N20k by SuperT(m): 12:18pm On Nov 22, 2011
It your Money. You need pursue it. The machine have already deducted the money before

dispense. At time of dispense If the money is not enough it will not dispense any money

and all what it has done can not be reversed. Your Money will return back to your A/C very

soon. It had happen to me once at skye Bank Dopemu Branch. But the returned the following

day. Just check your A/C tomorrow.
Re: How First Bank ATM Machine (Trinity Branch) Stole My N20k by yamakuza: 12:55pm On Nov 22, 2011
First Bank made the mistake, but they cannot deal with you directly because you didnt use their card.

They can only deal with UBA through Interswitch in this matter, and it will take about 2 weeks.

UBA is supposed to be fighting for you if you have SUBMITTED a formal complaint, but we know how incompetent they can be.

This wont progress like this if you were a GTB or First Bank customer because they are way ahead in ebanking, so PLEASE STOP BADMOUTHING FIRST BANK.

Thanks
(my post is strictly informational, for those that might find themselves in similar situations tomorrow)
Re: How First Bank ATM Machine (Trinity Branch) Stole My N20k by doctokwus: 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2011
yamakuza:

First Bank made the mistake, but they cannot deal with you directly because you didnt use their card.

They can only deal with UBA through Interswitch in this matter, and it will take about 2 weeks.

UBA is supposed to be fighting for you if you have SUBMITTED a formal complaint, but we know how incompetent they can be.

This wont progress like this if you were a GTB or First Bank customer because they are way ahead in ebanking, so PLEASE STOP BADMOUTHING FIRST BANK.

Thanks
(my post is strictly informational, for those that might find themselves in similar situations tomorrow)
U agree it was first bank mistake& u say I shudnt badmouth them,for heaven's sake my N20k just went like that& u expect me to come here& praise d bank dat was clearly responsible;they are @fault& nothing has shown me otherwise;that's y I gave a detailed account of what happened.
@superT,its my mony& its painful losing it,but can't pursue it further than av done,bc honestly in my kind of work,a minute can make a lot of difference btw s/bdy living or being dead,so I cannot bc of d painful loss put anoda person's life @risk,that cannot b quantified in monetary terms,its my haste to rush back that made me use d questionable machine in d first place .
Re: How First Bank ATM Machine (Trinity Branch) Stole My N20k by Finecat(m): 8:38pm On Nov 22, 2011
No be ATM chop your money, na bank staff chop your 20K. Bank workers are hungry and angry these days.
Re: How First Bank ATM Machine (Trinity Branch) Stole My N20k by doctokwus: 10:49pm On Nov 22, 2011
Finecat:

No be ATM chop your money, na bank staff chop your 20K. Bank workers are hungry and angry these days.
It's possible,when the guy in charge of d atm came out to tel us to use d oda machine whc odas where avoiding,I shd av stayed wt dem.I suspect dat guy,though I no get proof;if na him steal my money,he go hang am for throat,,him cup go soon full,if na first bank machine get fault,dem self go lose
Re: How First Bank ATM Machine (Trinity Branch) Stole My N20k by stagger: 10:36am On Aug 23, 2012
OP,

Your stories are too much. Simply ask for advice on how to get your money and it will be given to you.

Firstly, all banks have a software that tells them whether cash was dispensed by the machine or not. This is irrespective of whether your account was shown as debited. Don't let any banker try to manipulate you; they only work with people's ignorance.

Secondly, go to your bank and fill the complaints form about undispensed cash. Your bank will liaise with the branch where this occurred, First Bank will look at that software, confirm that cash was not dispensed against your transaction and they will refund your money.

The process will take 10 working days. So go to your bank TODAY and fill that form.

(1) (Reply)

Decorative Wall Shelves For Your Home / Promote Your Business With Custom Hand Fans Designed With Advert Messages / I Have 50k To Start An Online Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.