Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,062 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences (20407 Views)

Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience / Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by lalasticlala(m): 6:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
Moderators, I don't know if this is the right section for this. Please move it to the right section if it's not supposed to be here.

I believe that many Nigerians have at one time or the other been disappointed by an ATM machine.

Mine has happened severally.

It happened again today. I was quite broke so I decided to go get money from an ATM with the last money I had on me.

I went there, was fortunate as there was no crowd there. But the ATM machine could not pay me. I was with a diamond bank's ATM and wanted to withdraw from a UBA ATM. It paid other banks but my bank had bad network. I waited for like 1 hour, all to no avail.

The location of Diamond bank from my place was far and the money I had may not have taken me there, plus hold up.

After trying severally I had to go home. Feeling so bad. .lol.

So have you ever been disappointed by an ATM machine? Share your awful experience with ATM.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by bbello28(m): 6:15pm On Sep 27, 2014
grin I wan withdraw... Dem debit me... Money no gree Come out sad cry e be lyk say dem swear 4 diamond bank....

10 Likes

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by okirewaju(f): 7:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
Nahhhhh

Never
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by lalasticlala(m): 7:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
okirewaju: Nahhhhh

Never
really?

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by dolarland(m): 7:16pm On Sep 27, 2014
I was about travelling. went to atm slot in my card next thing it got seized

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by okirewaju(f): 7:37pm On Sep 27, 2014
lalasticlala: really?
Yes

Let's just say I have been lucky with ATM machines
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Dramadiddy(m): 8:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
machine go dy give me tear tear money smh

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by englishmart(m): 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2014
I think "m" in the acronym "ATM" means machine.
So no need to call it ATM machine.

That's my own awful experience.
Lol cheesy

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by romzyxy(m): 8:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
mine is worst. The story goes like this. I was very sick xo i went to c my doctor who prescribed some drugs for me to buy. I was having 1500 and i can only withdraw 1000 frm my uba acc. when i reach d atm machine i types in 1000 bt to my dismay it told me insufficient fund. I cudnt bliev it xo i tried it again. But d same shit hapun xo i decided to check my balance. Wot i saw weaken my legs and my fever heightened. It wos my last strenght dat i used to treck bck home. Till i leave dis earth i won't rely on my 1500 again because i v learnt my lesson

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by OCTAVO: 9:28pm On Sep 27, 2014
bbello28: grin I wan withdraw... Dem debit me... Money no gree Come out sad cry
Same here.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by bustyhelen(f): 11:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
mine was terrible. I was stranded when an ATM couldn't pay me due to network wahala and I missed a wedding I was to attend

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 2:50am On Sep 28, 2014
Yes in a terrible way,the ATM machine swallowed the card,I was left stranded with no cash at all with me.

My saving grace was luckily my cousin also came to withdraw,had to beg him to loan me #500 to fuel the car back home,at least.

Since then,having been using more than a bank now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Warlord3000(m): 2:53am On Sep 28, 2014
20k debit alert. Yet atm decided not to vomit my cash

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Hadone(m): 2:55am On Sep 28, 2014
My worse experience ever was in May, 2008. I went to a famous bank in Yola to cash some money from my savings account but met the banking hall crowded. I then moved straight to the ATM
machine situated within the bank and withdrew N10,000:00. Behold!! I was shocked to discover that the money contains a mixture of genuine and FAKE currency. I immediately complain to the bank & after tracing my transaction history, the bank substituted the fake note with the original one.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by faryemiautos(m): 2:57am On Sep 28, 2014
Always network problem, debit without paying or paying after a month. ATM wahala
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 2:57am On Sep 28, 2014
www.dailytrumpeters..com.es
New Details In “The Khalifas” Split: Wiz
Moved Out 2 Weeks Ago, Amber Caught
Him With Another Woman After Showing
Up Unannounced!
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by jeffizy(m): 2:59am On Sep 28, 2014
Severally.
Especially queuing up for half an hour and getting to your turn and ATM writes 'out of service'.

You wonder if ur luck has been locked up.

And also having a thousand naira left in your account and trying to make a withdrawal, you discover just 50NGN had been deducted for whatever service charged a few minutes before.

You start cursing the person that decided not to put 500NGN in the ATM

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by seedord247(m): 3:02am On Sep 28, 2014
Have you ever been dissapointed by your debit card at the register trying to pay for what you bought.... cool
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Grinder: 3:04am On Sep 28, 2014
Ehnehn nAA... i fit remember when i travel out..I no con tell my bank sey i dey travel.... I went to one bank like this withdraw.. na so dem dey yarn me sey..ATM blocked... .. the thing piss me off..I call Obama straight..Obama con tell me sey make i no worry.. sey .. him go report the matter to oga jona..... Jona gave me a condolence visit..Before dem con repair my card... #LORDGRINDERISBACK..... Alwaiz LOrd Grinder

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by scribble: 3:07am On Sep 28, 2014
Yes I was once

I saw an ATM machine but knew I had no stake inside it. cry

5 Likes

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by braine(m): 3:07am On Sep 28, 2014
Yes oo.. I remember one time in school I was broke so I decided to use one of the two Skye bank ATM in front of the New Hall; so I got there, inserted the card, put my pin, and the card just got swallowed!! I used to wonder why the ATM was always free of queues, then I knew why. I had to borrow money to go tax them at home coz it was the weekend. I even had to go collect the ATM card two weeks later at my bank branch coz it took about a month to get a new ATM card then. Twasnt funny.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by LadiesPet(m): 3:10am On Sep 28, 2014
Big boys don't use ATM.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by kennyonthrone(m): 3:22am On Sep 28, 2014
R
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 3:25am On Sep 28, 2014
Yes, I was expecting $1m in my account, but met $100.

Mtchewwww
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Amthol(m): 3:25am On Sep 28, 2014
most of d people that comment had a bitter experience i was also not an exception. it happened late in the evening i wanted to make withdrawal so as to get something for my dinner to my dismay the ATM machine swallowed my card very late in nite faaá it wasn't funny.

lesson learnt: at least use more than a bank and always make budget of your spendings so whenever u are running low on cash or insufficient u know ontime b4 the critical prd

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by uceeye(f): 3:25am On Sep 28, 2014
Have u ever decided to withdraw while travelling along benin- ore express way and ur ATM card siezed in their machine meanwhile u have an important Job interview d next day in Lagos. This experience could be very annoying embarassed
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Hadone(m): 3:34am On Sep 28, 2014
Ilekere: Yes, I was expecting $1m in my account, but met $100.

Mtchewwww
THIS TIME DONT BLAME THE ATM, BLAME UR SELF AND THE SCAMMERS THAT TRAPPED YOU!!
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by gift01: 3:40am On Sep 28, 2014
Make dem ban dose atm with volume problem. Those Noise making atm sha. They'll surely expose you and can cause easy access to attack by criminals. Imagine, they'll be shouting: 'pls enter your secret number' and then telling the neighbourhood you going by shouting: 'thank you for banking with us'. Dose always hungry security guys be like 'oga find us something'. Banks pls stop noise pollution cos na atm screen we dey monitor. No time for that yeye female noise

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by aaidel(m): 3:40am On Sep 28, 2014
made an atm deposit it took over a week to be credited to my account
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by chibwike(m): 3:40am On Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, though happened to my friend. He wanted th withdraw money from an atm machine. On slotting his card, and doing the neccesary things, he immediately got a debit alert on his phone, ''but we no see the money''. Oboy, the guy ran mad,coz the money was huge. He had to go into the bank to complain, but they said he took the money, after all investigatoins, they now realised dat he never did that. They told us to go home, that they'd working on it. That was how we went home dissapointed and scared that we might not get the money again. Well after a week or so, they rectified the issue and we got the money. Buh that was one hell of an experience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Johnnoo(m): 3:42am On Sep 28, 2014
Mine is embarrassing!!! I no fit shout undecided
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by eunisam: 3:45am On Sep 28, 2014
yes.firstbank atm

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 65th Birthday Today: Abubakar Sani Bello Hails Him / Corrupt Firms Barred From Business In Nigeria / Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.