Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,421 members, 7,843,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Attack On Nurse: Enugu Assembly Moves To Regulate Activities Of Masquerades - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Attack On Nurse: Enugu Assembly Moves To Regulate Activities Of Masquerades (13657 Views)

Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals / Masquerades Arrested For Flouting Lockdown Order (Photos) / Masquerades Attack Church, Apostle Emmanuel Etim, City Of Living Grace Chapel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attack On Nurse: Enugu Assembly Moves To Regulate Activities Of Masquerades by amigo1088: 10:16am On May 04
Educated South
Re: Attack On Nurse: Enugu Assembly Moves To Regulate Activities Of Masquerades by DrMuzungu(m): 11:17am On May 04
Can a masquerade bite and chew my baseball bat? Let's test it...
Re: Attack On Nurse: Enugu Assembly Moves To Regulate Activities Of Masquerades by do4luv14(m): 12:09pm On May 04
Ibecon:
Very good move
About three years ago when i was still a student of Nsukka, some masquerades flogged me on my back while i was on a bike because I didn’t give them money.
As i felt the skin peeling lash on my back I jumped down from the bike and punched the masquerade. After the punch, i held him and pulled him close to me and looked into his eyes furiously. While looking into his eyes, all i saw was fear.
In a split second, the indigenes came out and held me, o boy wetin that masquerade boy gain flog me after support came no be here. Till today i still feel two different dents on my skull. I HATE NSUKKA PEOPLE, this is the reason that town can never decelerate despite being the first town in Ala Igbo to get a university and federal presence

Growing up in Lagos, we used to fear and respect those masquerades, but their respective and fear died the day they flogged a guy, while asking for money, omo street scatter that day, them beat shege limit for the Masquerade head,

Then ball resume, only for masquerade to go an call reinforcement, we no gree, we beat them join, and ban any of them walking through that street,

even as I am now I still have them money before, but, I lost total respect for them recently, when coming back from church, was speaking with some3, without looking front, next thing I heard was a shout, wey money, I fear before releasing na masquerade, and the excort wanted to flog me,

I bone face, say I no get, waka pass go my own
Re: Attack On Nurse: Enugu Assembly Moves To Regulate Activities Of Masquerades by themanderon: 1:30pm On May 04
jaxxy:
Africa thinks they are the only ones who have culture and traditions when the rest of the world including the west have evolved past this primitive mentality.

People who can't evolve positively in their thinking will be always be backwards and left behind.

That we still think like barbarians in the 21st century is beyond disgraceful, it is a calamity.

You don't know local Europeans still practice some form of masquerade culture Google Krampus and the likes. You will understand better.
You may be surprised that the west you guys glorify are still very much seeped into ancient pagan practices.

@topic: Those masquerades should be jailed to serve as a warning to others.
Re: Attack On Nurse: Enugu Assembly Moves To Regulate Activities Of Masquerades by jaxxy(m): 1:37pm On May 04
themanderon:

You don't know local Europeans still practice some form of masquerade culture Google Krampus and the likes. You will understand better.
You may be surprised that the west you guys glorify are still very much seeped into ancient pagan practices.

@topic: Those masquerades should be jailed to serve as a warning to others.

offcourse there are some still practicing but they are in the minority and do not interface or interfere with modern civilisation laws.

They are beneath the law unlike this glorified circus of nonentities we publicly display in Africa. This is a major reason we are backward.

NB: I am not glorifying the west but speaking the truth. Society should evolve positively and primitive culture and traditions take a back seat or no seat at all.

1 Like

Re: Attack On Nurse: Enugu Assembly Moves To Regulate Activities Of Masquerades by ThunderFireAgba: 1:48pm On May 04
RecentHistory:
Masquerade government of Alaigbo.

One region is passing laws to create tech hubs, anther region is regulating masquerades grin
That's why skull mining and cone heads full una region.
Re: Attack On Nurse: Enugu Assembly Moves To Regulate Activities Of Masquerades by thinkmoney(m): 2:21pm On May 04
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Misplaced priorities. Tell these guys to show you their constituency projects, they probably have nothing to show. Abia state assembly has just abolished pensions for ex governors and deputies. These ones are talking about bills to moderate masquerades activities. In Nsukka, each community already have traditional laws that checkmate masquerades. But that traditional laws did not permit women to drive bike🚴 in the midst of oriokpa.

Quick recovery to the nurse.
Traditional law does not predominate national law. Masquerade have no right to enforce anything on an unwilling citizen.
U are backward in ur mentality
Re: Attack On Nurse: Enugu Assembly Moves To Regulate Activities Of Masquerades by omobaba101(m): 2:32pm On May 04
I support this move. Those masquerades beat my niece that was on an important enumeration assignment for the development of medical services delivery in Enugu state about 4 years ago. She came back sick, it was that same local government. Such brutality should be cautioned in this age

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Nurse: Enugu Assembly Moves To Regulate Activities Of Masquerades by Krankhead: 4:20pm On May 04
Where is Obi? I'm certain he will be mute. IF it is Lagos or the North himself and Arise will turn lunatic on social.media
Re: Attack On Nurse: Enugu Assembly Moves To Regulate Activities Of Masquerades by Krankhead: 4:28pm On May 04
Only in the Eastern region a state Assembly will enacted a Law to regulates the activities of Masquerade. Nah wah. What have we done to deserve all this thrash.
Re: Attack On Nurse: Enugu Assembly Moves To Regulate Activities Of Masquerades by placeofallure(f): 5:51pm On May 04
I remember walking jẹjẹly on my own one day on the streets of Lagos. Actually I was going to the market to get foodstuff for the house. I was with Oga's ATM, he is Mr. Cashless most times. Tha was when this egungun approached me and was murmuring mumbojumbo in my ears, he was begging for money actually. I no answer and kept a straight face. He was persistent, he was hyping me and all. I was almost getting to where I wanted to buy stuff, egungun refuse to go. I needed to do ATM so I walked to the nearest one, na so Egungun follow me o, dey wait by the side. In his mind I will go and collect money and give him abi? Na that day I know say truly there are many mad people in our society, only few are roaming. Ah! This egungun dey craze! He still followed me ooooo till he got tired and left. Me that I was ready for him if he try nonsense with that his cane. I will give him a factory resetting slap he'd think na thunder strike am.

They should ban them nonentity from Enugu and environs. Imagine assaulting a nurse wey dey go her own jẹjẹ. Radarada!

1 Like

Re: Attack On Nurse: Enugu Assembly Moves To Regulate Activities Of Masquerades by DonroxyII: 10:36am On May 05
ForValour:
Lawless country. Even masquarade dey show muscle.
Imagine the Kinda lawlessness being paraded by Africans before the introduction of Democratic Governance

We are much wicked than our European Colonialists!
Re: Attack On Nurse: Enugu Assembly Moves To Regulate Activities Of Masquerades by Adaisback(f): 10:17pm On May 05
The day that yeye Oriokpa masquerade wanted to flog me at Nsukka , na one Anambra guy called yobo saved me that day

As the Oriokpa raised the cane, na so Yobo grabbed the thing from his hand calmly .

The Oriokpa turned and look at yobo and saw that the guy is ready for anything na so oriokpa humble o. Chai! Yobo anywhere you are, may God bless you
Re: Attack On Nurse: Enugu Assembly Moves To Regulate Activities Of Masquerades by Librason: 1:31am On May 06
Backward people in this time and age, 21st century.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mass Robbery In Auchi, Edo State? / Supreme Court Reserves Judgement On Nnamdi Kanu's Case Until December 15 / Edo Ex-Lawmaker Allegedly Beat Teenager On His Genital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.