Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals (22137 Views)

Fire Outbreak Rocks Abule Egba, Lagos After Explosion By Vandals. PICS / Vandals Caught In A Girl's Secondary School In Rivers State (Photos) / Vandals Killed While Trying To Blow Up Oil Pipeline In Bayelsa. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by nlfpmod: 9:12am On May 24, 2023
9 TCN Towers located in Obafemi Owode have been vandalized by our people. That is Papalanto / Abeokuta 132kv . Abeokuta is out of electricity. @TCN_NIGERIA you have to work out security architecture to protect your equipment. Communities should also co-operate with police to fish out these criminals.

NINE TCN TOWERS COLLAPSE DUE TO THE ACTIVITIES OF VANDALS

TCN hereby states that nine towers, from Tower 56 to Tower 65 along the Papalanto/Abeokuta 132kV Transmission line has collapsed due to the activities of vandals.
The towers located in the Obafemi Owode area of Ogun State were all massively vandalized, leading to their collapse.

According to General Manager (T) Lagos Region, Engr. Mojeed Akintola, the towers collapse, was discovered yesterday after a tripping was recorded, and a team was dispatched to trace the fault, leading to the discovery of the collapsed towers.

As a result, Abeokuta and its environs are presently out of power supply even as efforts are ongoing to supply bulk electricity through an alternate line, to enable Ibadan DisCo to distribute electricity to its customers whose supply is affected by the incident.

The GM condemned the activities of vandals, stating that their nefarious acts negatively impact the gird expansion efforts of the company. Also, resources that would have been used to further improve the grid infrastructure in Ogun State would now be used to replace the vandalized towers.
TCN again appealing to host communities to work with her to protect our common national assets.

Ndidi Mbah GM, (Public Affairs) 23/5/23

https://twitter.com/woye1/status/1661132262568521728?t=B9smpV07ucMMlfW123H0jA&s=08

3 Likes

Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by Jennyclay(f): 9:16am On May 24, 2023
Why are buildings and towers always collapsing in Nigeria undecided. They keep buying poor material to construct rubbish.

We really have poor engineers in this country. Even graduates in mechanical engineering can’t even repair and fix a car.

Olodo engineers!! Shame!!

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by Pwettylinda(f): 9:20am On May 24, 2023
I blame Tinubu

Tinubu is a sick man undecided undecided

Arrest and prosecute him now for drug pushing

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by wahahlawahala: 9:20am On May 24, 2023
Chai
Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by wahahlawahala: 9:20am On May 24, 2023
Pwettylinda:
I blame Tinubu
I blame your okoro brothers wey dey com tiff fr southwest.. if we check well na dem😒

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by kiddkash(m): 9:20am On May 24, 2023
Boyz stripping down and selling for parts. I am impressed

3 Likes

Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by Ekemz: 9:20am On May 24, 2023
Wahala no dey finish ooo
Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by Inkling(f): 9:20am On May 24, 2023
If it is that valuable security ought to be guiding it
Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by koxi: 9:20am On May 24, 2023
What a country!!
Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by LibertyRep: 9:20am On May 24, 2023
The vandals, if caught, should be slammed with attempted murder.

Imagine the havoc this would have caused if should there be a power supply in that area.

Wicked and selfish souls.

11 Likes

Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by MUTERIKA(m): 9:21am On May 24, 2023
Introduction to total blackout. Shebi if vandals are shot on sight now, activists will not shout murder?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by Nairalander248: 9:21am On May 24, 2023
Vandals?

So someone told me of how a senator sent transformer to a certain village, the villagers blocked the truck that they need to pay a token before they pass ooh. The driver put a call to the Senator ooh, he was furious and tell them to turn back to the next village and asked if they need transformer, they they do, they should drop it there 😂.

That is how they lack light for years.

Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria 😂

Just see the topic below this one, Dangote and Rivers state. Chai

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by bosschinalu(m): 9:21am On May 24, 2023
DEM DEY MINE S.KULL?
Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by SultanOfAbia: 9:21am On May 24, 2023
Jennyclay:
Why are buildings and towers always collapsing in Nigeria undecided.

We really have poor engineers in this country. Even graduates in mechanical engineering can’t even repair and fix a car.

Olodo engineers!!
kiddkash:
My Boyz stripping down and selling for parts. I am impressed

Pwettylinda:
I blame Tinubu

A Flying Cockroach has more sense than 3 of you combined..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by EnemyofGod2: 9:21am On May 24, 2023
The Chicago drugs Lord criminal thief nubu Can never be our president.

Thief nubu Return our stolen mandate now

It shall never be well with people who are pushing the drugs Lord Tinubu to us

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by DropsMic(m): 9:22am On May 24, 2023
Poverty is in the land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by adecz: 9:22am On May 24, 2023
All these epidemic of collapsing
structures is because of the use of
cheap Chinese materials for our
projects..

Chinese can mix iron and sharp sand
to create iron rods.

They can mix melted aluminium with
cement to make aluminium profiles for
construction..❗️❗️❗️😕😕😕

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by tobenuel(m): 9:22am On May 24, 2023
People dey provoke anyhow for this country

1 Like

Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by JohnnA1: 9:23am On May 24, 2023
Pwettylinda:
I blame Tinubu

BIG FOOL you are.

6 Likes

Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by GloriousGbola: 9:23am On May 24, 2023
this is the height of madness. we are really in trouble in this country. people are literally stealing parts of infrastructure needed to make the country work.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by rapheal5(m): 9:23am On May 24, 2023
These people can lie, there was heavy storm 2 days ago that leads to alots of destruction in abeokuta

6 Likes

Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by LordErrk: 9:23am On May 24, 2023
Jennyclay:
Why are buildings and towers always collapsing in Nigeria undecided.

Olodo engineers!!

Can you at least read? Even if you've never read a single thing in your life, read this one

20 Likes

Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by Creamypie(m): 9:23am On May 24, 2023
To me, thieves/_vandals are to be killed when caught red handed. Even rail tracks are stolen, derailing it, causing accidents,robberies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by jmoore(m): 9:23am On May 24, 2023
No cctv to monitor critical infrastrutures. Now you are going to spend more money that could have been used for other things.
Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by Landmine1: 9:24am On May 24, 2023
These people go tey before them smell light again. Vandalizing your own properties that give you comfort when they work? No be craze be that?
Re: Nine TCN Towers Collapse In Abeokuta Due To Activities Of Vandals by ACRI: 9:24am On May 24, 2023
TCN should have their own security like MTN and others have their BTS sites

You can't predict criminal behaviour so you have to responsibly protect your infrastructure if not vandals and criminals will vandalise the structures

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EndSARS: Hakeem Odumosu Meet Protesters, Promise To Follow IGP's Directives / I Joined Robbery Gang To Raise Money For My Girlfriend’s Birthday – Suspect / Oporoma Police Station In Bayelsa Burnt By Armed Cultists (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.