Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,306 members, 7,839,486 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? (9175 Views)

Why Many Women Will Go To Hellfire / Reverend Oscar Mukahanana Commits Suicide As Adultery Leaks On Church’s Whatsapp / Opinion!!!!! Any Christian That Goes To Work On Sundays Will Not Make Heaven.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by muykem: 11:30am On May 05
You can't determine who will go to heaven and who will not go individually for whatever reason. Committing suicide is not biblical.
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by zionstaar75: 11:36am On May 05
paxonel:
Let's assume that hellfire is a place everybody will go when they do something wrong. Will a Christian who commits suicide go to hellfire?

Why will anyone think that committing suicide will anul all the born again effort he has been living through out his life until the very day he decided to kill himself?
Is it so written in the bible?

But here is what i saw in the bible. Emphatically yes

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

That means if you commit sin you will die.

In this context, the person who commit sin is the person who refused to believe in Christ.

But the person who believe in Christ you will never die, because eternal life is a gift.

So, why will anyone think that someone who believes in Christ will die simply because he had sinned by commiting suicide?
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by tunjijones(m): 11:39am On May 05
Nazgul:
Why would you even want to take your own life. If you're feeling depressed, talk to someone.

It's not only depression that makes people kill themselves. Some kill themselves cos of shame, they can't face the shameful consequence of what they did. Someone kill themselves cos they are running from the law. Some kill themselves cos they are running from paying debts. Some even mistakenly kill themselves.

You gerrit?
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by Thereishel: 11:48am On May 05
paxonel:
Let's assume that hellfire is a place everybody will go when they do something wrong. Will a Christian who commits suicide go to hellfire?

Why will anyone think that committing suicide will anul all the born again effort he has been living through out his life until the very day he decided to kill himself?

But here is what i saw in the bible.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

In this context, the person who commit sin is the person who refused to believe in Christ.

But the person who believe in Christ you will never die, because eternal life is a gift.

So, why will anyone think that someone who believes in Christ will die simply because he had sinned by commiting suicide?

Moreover, it's clearly stated in the bible Thou shalt not kill Exodus 20: 13. This include killing yourself or others
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by 3rockets(m): 11:53am On May 05
muyico:
He or she took d life he cant create! He or she is a murder! Even law our nation stated dat. Any1 caught trying to commit suicide. His charge is "attempt to murder" Bcus u didnt own ur life!

This is your opinion. But what does the scripture say. That's what we want to hear not your opinion
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by attat(m): 11:54am On May 05
Hell straight....
Question answered
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by 3rockets(m): 11:55am On May 05
Thereishel:

Moreover, it's clearly stated in the bible Thou shalt not kill Exodus 20: 13. This include killing yourself or others

Fantastic! God is thesame, yesterday, today and forever!
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by teblu(m): 12:15pm On May 05
Good! You said it yourself that he who commit sin, the wages is death. So my question to you now is this, is committing murder a sin? If it is, then what is the difference between committing murder and committing suicide? No difference if you ask me.
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by Allee90: 12:16pm On May 05
If you die as a Christian today, I'm assuring you Hellfire is your permanent home not to talk of committing suicide
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by psalmsjob: 12:20pm On May 05
paxonel:

It's good you started with; "Let's assume that hellfire is a place everybody will go when they do something wrong."

But the truth is; hellfire is real to you "man" who is created by God but believes it's real and chooses to be "put" there. One sure way to be "put" in hellfire is by killing yourself a "man" being made by God. That means just as lucifa, satan, "evil-spirit" of the devil did, you too is trying (you can only try try grin) to destroy, truncate, rewrite, debase God, making yourself equal with God etc. I'm sure you can say where such persons or things belong?
Surely far from God and there's no hellfire as hot as not being near God or God not being with you.

Paul the apostle knows that no true believer in the death and resurrection of Jesus would ever commit suicide even contemplating it is allowed by babies in Christ but that's not ever possible to a man filled with the "good-spirit" of God who knows that everything even his best benevolent act, self-righteousness, wealth in knowledge and cash and on the flip side every problems, calamity that happens either as a result of personal mistake "sin" or from persecution from other persons "witchcraft" or circumstances are all for, from, to God and only God is powerful, righteous, just, holy and is to be prasied eternally when all is said and done!

I've got no rip for a "thing" "which" commits suicide! The quotation marks is to highlight the fact that even Animals do not commit suicide grin
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by Mrfeel: 12:26pm On May 05
AbuTwins:
Like Samson!

Jesus didn't commit suicide. His father sent him to be killed by others!

Suicide is hell straight!
What kind of a father sends his son to be killed by others?
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by paxonel(m): 12:29pm On May 05
Thereishel:

Exactly!
Very true!

It's true that God do not like killing, so is everyone.

But if God want to be merciful to such sinners and allow them enter his everlasting kingdom inspite that they died in their sin he has the right to do so.

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by paxonel(m): 12:32pm On May 05
Goodlady:

Yes. They ll go to hellfire for commiting suicide.
You are saying this based on how you feel it should be, not based on what the scripture says
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by paxonel(m): 12:35pm On May 05
TONERO500:

You'll be in heaven if you're a born again Christian,( John 10 vs 28 and 29) you'll also be in heaven if you're a little child that was not opportuned to give his or her life to Christ, but you'll be in hell if you're an unbeliever.you can never lose your salvation once you're a born again believer, this means sin doesn't take one to hell, it's unbelief that takes one to hell, the only unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the holy spirit and blasphemy against the holy spirit mean rejecting Christ or rejecting what Christ has done for us.
You are in the spirit!

God bless you for this

2 Likes

Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by membranus: 12:36pm On May 05
paxonel:

You are preaching antinomianism, which is the belief that once you are saved, heaven is sure for you, no matter whatever sins you committed thereafter. Bro, that's the height of apostasy, and a very wrong doctrine.

For it is written in Mark. 4:4 that only "He that shall endure unto the end the same shall be saved".
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by paxonel(m): 12:37pm On May 05
ejimatic:
. No ! God will forgive them!
God will forgive them simply because they believe, and accept them into his eternal glory.

God bless you
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 12:40pm On May 05
Samson is in heaven

He committed suicide

Depends on the motive
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by beejaay: 12:40pm On May 05
JoeEeL:
All the commenters here have never seen or been to heaven or hell.

But of course they are experts on it. In fact, expats!!
cheesy

They are hardly experts in things that exist in the real world like aeronautics, aerospace, astronautics, naval architecture, marine engineering, robotics etc.

But when it comes to fantasy... those fantasy that shuts down their brain dead... like rapture, hell, heaven, ascension, resurrection... you see black man with his Ph. D and Masters.... Yeehawwww!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
This really cracked me up and made my day at the same time.. Just see how people dey talk with so much conviction as if they had already been there.. Some are even ready to abuse others to submission.. But when it comes to reality the phrase change to God's knows better...

2 Likes

Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by paxonel(m): 12:44pm On May 05
Akwamkpuruamu:

Wake up from your delusion. No de whine urself
that what? Explain yourself
Do you even understand what the op is trying to explain?
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by 3kay945(m): 12:49pm On May 05
cutecommend:
It depends...

If after committing the suicide the person does not die quickly, the person may go to heaven if he or she repents. How? If someone takes poison to die immediately and the person struggles for the next four hours, the person may have mercy to accept Jesus and repent...But will satan allow such chance?

Funny, if the person is lucky not to die through the act, then it is an attempt to commit suicide then! cool
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by 3kay945(m): 12:52pm On May 05
beejaay:

This really cracked me up and made my day at the same time.. Just see how people dey talk with so much conviction as if they had already been there.. Some are even ready to abuse others to submission.. But when it comes to reality the phrase change to God's knows better...

Avereage Nigerians that have read Bible or able to read the Quran are Professors when it comes to explaining Heaven and Hell matters. grin
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by Caleb15(m): 12:55pm On May 05
Will a christian who is a Nigerian commits suicide, will he go to hell?
Ans: NO
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by otherway: 1:00pm On May 05
paxonel:

God does not judge the way man does.

Suicide is as a result of mental disorder.

Before anyone commits suicide he or she first drifts into madness(mental illness). You can't judge a mentally ill person.

So in my opinion, someone can commit suicide and still end up in heaven.

God is the ultimate judge.

2 Likes

Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by TONERO500(m): 1:02pm On May 05
paxonel:

You are in the spirit!

God bless you for this

Amen, God bless you too Dear, you can find Dr Abel damina and his teaching or sermons on YouTube, just Google it .

1 Like

Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by HBB1(m): 1:07pm On May 05
Be like people never see severe depression before?!

All this mouthing-off by assissant Jesus Christs is amusing.

Rubbish!
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by stagger: 1:14pm On May 05
If you take a life (yours or someone else's), you have killed and contravened a commandment. Suicide is one of these instances.

We are not talking of using deadly force to stop a robbery, a terrorist attack or working in the line of duty.
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by stasius: 1:19pm On May 05
Thou shall not kill...
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by paxonel(m): 1:20pm On May 05
membranus:

You are preaching antinomianism,

Wrong!

You ignored where i said suicide is a sin and conclude wrongly

I did not condemn suicide in the post does not mean that i encourage it

which is the belief that once you are saved, heaven is sure for you
This is not the meaning of antinomianism.

Antinomianism from Oxford dictionary means
One who rejects a socially established morality through believing that the gospel of Grace also includes grace for immoral people in the society.

Remember that Jesus Christ gave Grace to one of the thieves that was crucified with him, but does that mean that the thief was not killed for the crime he committed ?

The answer is no!

So, where then is the Grace that Jesus gave to him?

no matter whatever sins you committed thereafter. Bro, that's the height of apostasy, and a very wrong doctrine.
wrong doctrine that what?

That there is no Grace through Christ?

There is Grace through Christ you can't deny that one no matter how morally upright you think you are, except you are not a Christian.

But like i have said from what i have posted, we will get that Grace only when we die.
And since a Christian suicidist has died, he will receive the Grace to eternal life my brother,
There is no scripture that says otherwise

For it is written in Mark. 4:4 that only "He that shall endure unto the end the same shall be saved".
We are talking about a Christian that died committing a sin like suicide here, not a Christian that has endured being a Christian to the end.
The two are different scenario
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by Godsonkemz(m): 1:25pm On May 05
Thou shall not kill.

Love your neighbor as you love yourself means that it's expected of you to love yourself first and in the same vein love others.

Killing yourself is a sin because you don't own your life. You are accountable to God who's the owner of your life.
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by paxonel(m): 1:29pm On May 05
otherway:

God does not judge the way man does.

Suicide is as a result of mental disorder.

Before anyone commits suicide he or she first drifts into madness(mental illness). You can't judge a mentally ill person.

So in my opinion, someone can commit suicide and still end up in heaven.

God is the ultimate judge.
God will bless you.

God is merciful
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by paxonel(m): 1:45pm On May 05
4tomandchi:
The Ecumenical Council confirmed that Judas was condemned to hell fire.
Judas was never a believer but a betrayer of the believers that's why he was condemned to hell fire. Not necessarily because he commited suicide.
Well, if you say that if he didn't kill himself but stay alive and truly accept Christ he wouldn't have been condemned to hell fire grin

Suicide is not an option no matter how big your sins are even if they’re deep like scarlet the father says come to me and I will wash you clean like wool.
God bless you for this
Re: A Christian That Commits Suicide, Will He Go To Hellfire? by Pimine: 1:54pm On May 05
paxonel:

My brother, as someone who once struggled to grasp the concept of Grace and eternal security, I assure you that this thread will only create more confusion and wouldn't yield any benefits.

Focus on discipling willing believers around you. There is no point arguing. These things are revealed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation / Why Must We Look Unto Jesus Alone? / Popular Present Day Pastors U Know Found In Hell By Divine Revelation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.