Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,447 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets (25242 Views)

See The Yams I Bought For 2,500 In Benue State (pictures) / See The Water Yams We Bought For 1,500 Naira In Yakurr LGA, Cross River State. / Men Eat From Heaps Of Fufu At Food-Eating Competition In Cross-River (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by VTJN(m): 12:30pm On May 06
AFOXTJ:

Advise us on who should take over after him if he eventually resigned.

Peter Obi??

Or
Atiku that put Nigeria into this debt?
anybody but not him.
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by uuzba(m): 12:33pm On May 06
MyVILLAGEpeople:
How did this country even descend this low in the first place ?? Nawa

Never been this bad lipsrsealed
How? We spent our energy fighting each other instead of fighting the government.
Go to farm now and see who will attack you there. Another Nigerian. Not government.
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by SWATMan: 12:34pm On May 06
MyVILLAGEpeople:

That's okay.
Do you know they now sell tiny immature yam seedlings in the market. I thought it was cocoyam when i saw cluster of people around a trader until i got closer to behold what usually used to be thrown away after harvest, or given to farm animals has found it's way into people's menu. grin May God help us.
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by maasoap(m): 12:36pm On May 06
MyVILLAGEpeople:

That's because the man in charge is too concerned about increasing government revenue so that they can have more money to share in term of monthly allocations. He doesn't relate with masses at all.
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by maasoap(m): 12:36pm On May 06
hisgrace090:
The starvation and hunger is getting out of hand as people lives is now at stake.
Only few Nigerians can afford to have savings nowadays
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by maasoap(m): 12:38pm On May 06
Deltafirstson:
To me, the best advice Tinubu’s should listen to now is to to resign. He has done his best unfortunately, his best is absolutely bad.

Tinubu is totally disconnected with the reality on ground.
I was just wondering when people who didn't even vote for him were supporting him for removal subsidies on petrol. This is the result
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by maasoap(m): 12:41pm On May 06
Freetech:
Another useless post. Selling yam cut this way has been in existence for long because yam become diseased and the spoilt part is cut off in order to sell the healthy portion

It's still amazing how you people claimed sw is hungry but you se are the one crying and propagating it using false narrative and fake news

Go back and read the major reason the sellers talked about
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by toprealman: 12:42pm On May 06
Tokskob2008:
I first noticed the cutting of yams for sale at Sango market around 2019/2020 and i was marvelled. 3 to 4 pieces together for like #500 or so for people who can't afford to buy the complete tuber.

Bubu spent 8yrs killing this country gradually and his supporters claimed it was in the best interest of the masses now we have another leader showing us negative vibes and these same supporters are still saying the same thing they said during bubu's tenure undecided
More excuses. Put the blame on Buhari, yes…Tinubu will fix Nigeria…blah blah bla!
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by Earthquakes: 12:52pm On May 06
Freetech:
Another useless post. Selling yam cut this way has been in existence for long because yam become diseased and the spoilt part is cut off in order to sell the healthy portion

It's still amazing how you people claimed sw is hungry but you se are the one crying and propagating it using false narrative and fake news

Not sure if it has been in existence since in Yoruba land but it is alien to us here.
And it boils down to the fact that yorubas are more hungry to be buying cut yam grin

2 Likes

Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by ChristineC: 12:58pm On May 06
Balabu shocked
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by rinzaugustine: 1:00pm On May 06
CodeTemplar:
all the violence you incited against them after GEJ lost 2015 could online result in crimes against them in Baylesa.
what you typed doesn’t make sense…go school una no gree but prefer to hide under anonymous forum doing online alaye strong Yoruba Muslim to incite the whole Nigeria against your tribe…continue..una don start wetin una no go fit finish
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by ChristineC: 1:02pm On May 06
AFOXTJ:

Advise us on who should take over after him if he eventually resigned.

Peter Obi??

Or
Atiku that put Nigeria into this debt?
keep singing 21 questions by 50Cent undecided
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by sirchim(m): 1:05pm On May 06
Deltafirstson:
To me, the best advice Tinubu’s should listen to now is to to resign. He has done his best unfortunately, his best is absolutely bad.
You mean THIEFNIBU Baban Baban BARAWOO resign 🤔?
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by akaahs(m): 1:06pm On May 06
MyVILLAGEpeople:

It started descending the moment we voted for apc thinking we have reach the bottomless pit
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by femi4: 1:15pm On May 06
Freetech:

The post make sense, your submission is useless. You acted like nursery kids that draw conclusions from pictures instead of reading the whole article.

For context

We now cut the yams in pieces and rearrange broken ones to sell at the rate of N500 to N1,000, depending on the size.
“ People buy them a lot more than the tubers.
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by tivity101: 1:15pm On May 06
Good response sir
kellyzaf:

At the polling units on the election day due to tribalism and religious bigots. Unless we keep these two mindsets aside then we will be able to move forward as a nation.
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by masui(m): 1:32pm On May 06
This one don dey happen for Calabar tey tey.

1 Like

Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by Mistermamus(m): 1:42pm On May 06
modernWays:
Cut yam has been in existence since time immemorial, you people just want to use every avenue to blame this government.

We are not ok with their performances but let exercise a little bit patience to see how things turn around in 2 years.
you're mad dont curse you more. As I type this msg I haven't eaten and u write we should be patient after 9 years of bad governance from APC led government.
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by TrackerSK: 1:50pm On May 06
God Abeg ooo

Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by Safyqueen: 1:55pm On May 06
Tinubu is a big disaster but it is GOD ALMIGHTY that is showing those tribe that claimed academic sophistication over others that they don't know anything.
It is obvious now Buhari with NEPA certificate is far better than a Chicago accountant graduate as regards the right country economic policies.

Those that carry IMF, world bank, USA, UK, France as their Messiah are not hearing it.

Banza kowai
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by Montaque(m): 2:00pm On May 06
Freetech:

Before it used to be done for yams that some parts are bad. But now, it is usual to see good yams divided into two or three so that it can be affordable for singles or small families. And its happens in every part of the country. Yam is costly now

1 Like

Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by Edusouls(m): 2:05pm On May 06
Deltafirstson:
resign for were, Igbo man would never rule Nigeria, instead let’s enjoy the depressing hardship this I too know leadership has brought upon us, 7 more years of hardship loading
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by Edusouls(m): 2:13pm On May 06
Am an Igbo man that regards the Yorubas at high esteem, but tinubu let the Yorubas down badly, his policies are just not working it’s already failing repeatedly and things are getting worse and worse, I pray it doesn’t get to a tipping point, buhari was a much better manager
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by Love800(m): 2:20pm On May 06
What about coco-yams, why are people not eating it?
transient123:

I have seen this at mile 12 markets years back but only yams broken by accident or yams that have partial decay.

Head or tail, there is serious hunger in the land. Bought 16k yam of 5 tubers on Saturday. Normal stuffs I do buy for 11k thereabout.
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:20pm On May 06
SWATMan:

That's okay.
Do you know they now sell tiny immature yam seedlings in the market. I thought it was cocoyam when i saw cluster of people around a trader until i got closer to behold what usually used to be thrown away after harvest, or given to farm animals has found it's way into people's menu. grin May God help us.

And the masses are just keeping quiet. Half of all these didn’t happen under Jonathan before they went to Ojota and protests. In fela voice — Suffering and smiling.
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by Magnificenttop: 2:26pm On May 06
Brendaniel:
And Tinubu supporters expect Nigerians to clap for him....

Some of them have no idea who they are supporting...

E tire me o.
When many are already starving to death.
They expect people to clap for him like those lost ones - yarimo, helinus or whatever, who noone is even sure if they're enslaved souls or genetic slaves or bots or just people who're not in country to know what's happening. But whoever they're, I believe karma will judge them all for supporting all the ill that innocent Nigerians have been passing through. They won't go unpunished. The blood of oppressed souls will ask them.
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by tiswell(m): 2:28pm On May 06
itsmayiela:
Normal thing na.

I first saw it in Bayelsa in 2001 during my nysc
that's how you people usually 'see" .

Bunch of re..tards!
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by Brendaniel: 2:33pm On May 06
favor914:
Una too lazy for that country, na because of President yam expensive?

Time way you for spend on agriculture, you dey Internet dey gallivant, they type nonsense.

Brendaniel.

No it is the fault of the thousands of farmers that been killed due to insecurity?

It is the fault of thousands of farmers who have to pay exorbitant levy imposed by bandits before and after farming?

It is the fault of the thousands of farmers who may have had to stay away from farming due to the 2 issues above that is the responsbility of the federal government headed by Tinubu to handle....

You stay abroad and have the audacity to call victims of bad governance Lazy people, so the people that died in their farms due to insecurity are lazy people?

The people that pay levy and tax or kidnapped in their farms for ransom are lazy people?

You are not in Nigeria yet you are insulting people living in Nigeria and call them lazy?

Why don't you come back to Nigeria and come and show those you call lazy how much of a hard working person you are, you ran away from the country only to insult those that are in it...

If everything was so good for you in Nigeria as as a self acclaimed hard working person, why did you run out of Nigeria?

Why not come back and be hardworking here...

You are blaming others including victims for the failure of the government because of tribal, religious or political affiliation, how heartless, wicked and insensitive can you be....

You support nonsense into office then blame citizens and victims when the nonsense is not making sense...

How wicked can some of you be....
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by Brendaniel: 2:40pm On May 06
Magnificenttop:

E tire me o.
When many are already starving to death.
They expect people to clap for him like those lost ones - yarimo, helinus or whatever, who noone is even sure if they're enslaved souls or genetic slaves or bots or just people who're not in country to know what's happening. But whoever they're, I believe karma will judge them all for supporting all the ill that innocent Nigerians have been passing through. They won't go unpunished. The blood of oppressed souls will ask them.

Some of them are not in Nigeria, in fact some of the major names you see here supporting Tinubu are not in Nigeria, I don't want to start mentioning them here but I know about 8-10 of them.

Some are even in America....

I just see them as wicked human beings.....

1 Like

Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by stevups(m): 2:55pm On May 06
Deltafirstson:

So that your Obi can occupy, that is why your people are destroying our economy. Continue God is seeing you 🌞
Re: Harsh Economy: Cut Yams On Sale At Food Markets by cucumbar: 3:22pm On May 06
modernWays:
Cut yam has been in existence since time immemorial, you people just want to use every avenue to blame this government.

We are not ok with their performances but let exercise a little bit patience to see how things turn around in 2 years.
😁😁. You are seeing things go worse with your big eyes , and you are still exercising patience for 2 years.

You are also seeing with your two big eyes that these people are not making any efforts to improve the situation, and you are hoping that things will get better?

What’s the basis of your hope?

You better open your eyes and nose and smell the coffee.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew / Which Of These Weird Foods Would You Try? / Question Of The Day: Is Sugarcane A Fruit Or Vegetable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.