Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,781 members, 7,844,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? (18690 Views)

Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) / How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic / My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by bellabello(m): 4:37pm On May 07
Afriifa:
How can house be 10k. U mean monthly house rent?

They pay monthly , but they calls something Advance, you will pay like 6months in Advance, but you will see a room like 7k,8k,9k, 10k
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Mordson: 4:38pm On May 07
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Ivory coats babes Dey carry big yansh very well and them fine too. grin grin

Na your type go stay for ivory coast for 42 years and you wouldn't be able to achieve anything, cos you'll be spending all your savings on Ivory coast ashawo. grin

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Lavor234: 4:43pm On May 07
Lome is beautiful.
I predicted that Nigerians will move to Lome of Benin about 5 years ago during Buhari's regime.

Its a reality now. Nigeria will be wrecked, with further borrowings and zero to nothing investments, i also see telecos jumping ship, these MTN back to back losses will probably be seen as a loss by its organisations.

As if we hadnt had enough bad news, the news of the Binance man is the final blow.

Nigeria has a sordid reputation. I remember how Obasanjo went for country to country laundering the nation image only for vultures and ghouls to destroy it

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Ibrahim8358(m): 4:56pm On May 07
if you can learn a hand skills,like Tailoring, barbing etc you will survive and be earning in ivory coast....I know a boy that's learning a Tailoring skills collecting 3000 CFA everyday and sometimes 3,500 CFA depending on sales move that day and those that's sewing collect 10,000 CFA everyday or more sometimes and I know Nigerians that's doing 👟 business at Brancodi...making a sales of 100,000 CFA or more everyday
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Ibrahim8358(m): 4:58pm On May 07
I don't know about Togo but I think cloth and car part business is moving in Togo...even in Abidjan car part business is moving and wig business
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Blackey(m): 5:05pm On May 07
The average Nigerian believes his country is the best in Africa and there's little or nothing out there for him elsewhere as far as the African continent is concerned. To those saying "I can't leave Nigeria to reside in another West African country", it appears you don't realize that some of these so-called "small" African countries are light-years ahead of Nigeria in terms of infrastructural and economic development, not to mention political structure/stability. Don't be like the average American who thinks his country is center of the world because he knows next to nothing about other parts of the world.

For those saying "If a state in Nigeria doesn't favour you, move to another state", here's my question to you: is there a part of Nigeria that's not hit by the current economic hardship/inflation? Or is it the insecurity ravaging the entire country? How are you going to move from one state to the other in the first place? People get kidnapped daily at home, in schools, while traveling etc.

For anyone looking to move out of the country in pursuit of a better life or peace of mind, it is your prerogative. If you are convinced that moving to a remote village in Timbuctoo will give you peace of mind, go for it! Just be sure to do your research first.

One love.

6 Likes

Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Joy2dworldxyz: 5:05pm On May 07
PointZerom:

There are more successful people in those places mind you. A friend of mine moved to Ivory coast while I moved to Lagos but he built house before me.

So why u never join am there?
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Macdeey: 5:08pm On May 07
Ibrahim8358:
I don't know about Togo but I think cloth and car part business is moving in Togo...even in Abidjan car part business is moving and wig business
Togo is Motorcycle 🏍️ parts that moves fast fast !
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Madups(m): 5:17pm On May 07
Togo? Benin? Na so u take hate yourself reach?
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Macdeey: 5:17pm On May 07
Mordson:

Na your type go stay for ivory coast for 42 years and you wouldn't be able to achieve anything, cos you'll be spending all your savings on Ivory coast ashawo. grin
Most of the Ashwoos in Abidjan are Nigerians, especially those in Zone quartre ( zone4 ) ..... Just like the Zone 4 in Abuja Nigeria grin
Togo the same thing! Plenty Nigeria Ashwoos at Dekon area. So also Ghana ! grin grin grin
Naija Ashaawooo full everywhere for Teshi - Nungua for Accra. E get one Hotel for Teshi Nungua Wey Naija Ashaawooo full there . You can even find young girls under 18. 17 . 16 etc
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Rich4god(m): 5:17pm On May 07
96ACE:

You go beg to come back from Niger grin

Have you ever been to Niger republic before.

Once you go, come back and repeat this your statement again.

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Yeancahmie007(m): 5:47pm On May 07
ThiefnubuBandit:
Right here in Havana, Cuba we don't have issues.
bros help a bro to japa
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by 360command: 5:59pm On May 07
Macdeey:
First of all , just know that the Naira is really down now , if you have 1 Million Naira, you can not get 500k CFA .
A Simple single room ( NOT self-contained ) in a good area is more than 10 k per month. ( Togo )
Business wise Togo is like any other African country.
But if you have enough money to rent a shop and do motor cycle spare parts business , you will make it.
There are many Igbos doing the spear part business.
Clothing is a bit slow now but you can still check it out with the Igbos at the Assiyeye Market.
Generally Togo is a peaceful country.
I didn't mention some other business because the Zarma people from Niger Republic control most of the business in Togo !
If you are an Igbo man , you can go into Nigeria Igbo food business.
I was in Togo before relocating to Ghana .
Even Ghana is not easy !
NOTE . Some landlord don't like renting house to Nigerians especially young guys. Just like in Accra . Because they always complain that if you rent a room to one person, the person will now bring many friends to stay together.😎😎😎
which side are you in Ghana
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Ever8090: 6:12pm On May 07
AngelicBeing:
APOSTLECHUMA was arrested by God according to him to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ grin
ok...

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Markkito: 6:27pm On May 07
richiemcgold:

It was actually alate, which means petty trader. Ghanaians call it alata though.

Oh ok. Thank you
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by folake4u(f): 6:30pm On May 07
All na abroad. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by SmartMen: 6:38pm On May 07
bestman09:
This is what APC has caused to us. If Nigeria is good, how can anyone in his right sense think about relocating to Togo or Benin republic? Such places are only good to go for business, not to go and live.

lol... learn to educate yourself. visiting these places is not a bad thing idea. Just go and learn about them.
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by onadana: 7:12pm On May 07
ifytrik:
Am already processing my international passport and by the special grace of god am leaving Nigeria for either ghana or ivory coast before the year runs out, I have two friends based in ghana and ivory coast and both of them are doing very well business wise, I started my business with a higher capital compared to theirs but today, I have not achieved half of the things they've achieved, the reason is because Naira has no value, image using 4 years savings to build 4 bedroom flat

Depends on what your definition of doing well actually means.Moreover do you really know what they're into.
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Bestest05: 7:12pm On May 07
Macdeey:
First of all , just know that the Naira is really down now , if you have 1 Million Naira, you can not get 500k CFA .
A Simple single room ( NOT self-contained ) in a good area is more than 10 k per month. ( Togo )
Business wise Togo is like any other African country.
But if you have enough money to rent a shop and do motor cycle spare parts business , you will make it.
There are many Igbos doing the spear part business.
Clothing is a bit slow now but you can still check it out with the Igbos at the Assiyeye Market.
Generally Togo is a peaceful country.
I didn't mention some other business because the Zarma people from Niger Republic control most of the business in Togo !
If you are an Igbo man , you can go into Nigeria Igbo food business.
I was in Togo before relocating to Ghana .
Even Ghana is not easy !
NOTE . Some landlord don't like renting house to Nigerians especially young guys. Just like in Accra . Because they always complain that if you rent a room to one person, the person will now bring many friends to stay together.😎😎😎
Like how much in Naira will be reasonable to set up a motorcycle spare parts or naija food business in Togo.
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Blackey(m): 7:31pm On May 07
Nigerians can be really narrow-minded. Do you know that the "almighty" America and other Western countries are relocating to the parts of Africa that you so much despise?

Go to Tanzania, Rwanda, Namibia and SE Asia and see things for yourself.
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Macdeey: 8:03pm On May 07
360command:
which side are you in Ghana
Teshi-Nungua

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Macdeey: 8:07pm On May 07
Bestest05:

Like how much in Naira will be reasonable to set up a motorcycle spare parts or naija food business in Togo.
You can get a small shop in a very good location for 15 to 20 k monthly for one year RENT.
For the capital. If you work with the Igbo dealers, you can start with 200 to 300 k .
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Theophinio(m): 8:25pm On May 07
Joy2dworldxyz:
I will rather stay in Akwa Ibom, (Uyo or Eket) than relocate to any of these countries. God forbid bad thing

I so much love Eket. Have you lived there before. That's my dream destination to buy a house and raise a family
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by tctrills: 8:29pm On May 07
EDUECO:
I'm against relocating to countries that are just like Nigeria!

If you're tired of your current state or city in Nigeria,just relocate to a better one!!

English/Pidgin English and Population advantage is lacking in Benin Republic,Togo and Ivory Coast.

Travel and learn then feel free to comment.
If a country can offer good security, good roads, electricity, water, and a healthy business environment, it's so much not like Nigeria. Add to that a steady currency.
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Joy2dworldxyz: 8:37pm On May 07
Theophinio:

I so much love Eket. Have you lived there before. That's my dream destination to buy a house and raise a family

I only visit
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by EDUECO(m): 8:39pm On May 07
tctrills:

Travel and learn then feel free to comment.
If a country can offer good security, good roads, electricity, water, and a healthy business environment, it's so much not like Nigeria. Add to that a steady currency.

So Benin,Togo and Ivory Coast can offer every thing you mentioned?

The 3 countries I mentioned above are not better than Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Theophinio(m): 8:40pm On May 07
Joy2dworldxyz:

I only visit

Ok. You are really enjoying those beautiful locations

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by tctrills: 8:51pm On May 07
EDUECO:

So Benin,Togo and Ivory Coast can offer every thing you mentioned?

The 3 countries I mentioned above are not better than Nigeria.
I have traveled to everyone of them. If you have also been around let's compare notes.
Even if you make an argument for Benin and Togo not being better than 9ja, Ivory coast is clearly not 9jas mate. Please ask anyone that was here for the last CAN.
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by bull67: 10:42pm On May 07
ifytrik:
Amen my brother, Nigeria is a very dangerous country to raise kids as it stands, aside the bad economy, the level of insecurity in Nigeria today is unbelievable, just the other day I heard bandit are now recruiting children in the north, imagine what this children will become in the coming years. I will rather raise my kids in togo than Nigeria
why don't you try Cameroon. You have the English side and they also have the French side. I heard both sides speak both has official languages.
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Benwems(m): 11:09pm On May 07
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Ivory coats babes Dey carry big yansh very well and them fine too. grin grin

it reminds me of an ivory cost babe I saw on the plane enroute to Europe. She was some beautiful and had a nice shape.
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by Konquest: 1:11am On May 08
Ibrahim8358:
have been in Benin,Togo and Ivory Coast so let talk about these 3 countries for relocating
Re: Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? by detectivejones: 7:50am On May 08
The average Nigerian suffers from "abroad syndrome" they just want to be anywhere to claim abroad suffering and smiling and at the same time trashing those back home

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dunchi Lar: NIDCOM Statement About Nigerian Jailed In UAE Over Cybercrime Law / Lagos Badagry Expressway On Maintenance By Lagos State Public Works Corp. (PIC) / 2.5km Of Road In Ilaro-owode In Ogun State Done By Gov Dapo Abiodun Govt(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.