Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience (36193 Views)

First Kilometre Of Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway Completed With Street Lights / Lone Man Repairs Highway In Ogun To Save Motorists From Gridlock / Longest Super Highway In Akwa Ibom Nears Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by Eriggs: 7:37pm On May 06
Bitter Obituary runs away from thread.....
Mumu bitter idiot
Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by DMerciful(m): 7:37pm On May 06
Why do you guys always like building castle in the air?

That road will be abandoned, its just for the purpose of looting by Tinubu
CommonSense1967:
The positive impact of the Lagos Calabar coastal road on the Nigerian economy will be huge and generational.
I have tried to explain to some why this is a brainer but they seem bent on looking at it from a political and sentimental perspective.
Even if Obi was President and he proposed this road, I would have supported it with everything I have.

Nigeria has a long coastline and most are not been used to their full potential. Imagine how many beaches will open up from Lagos to Calabar, imagine world-class hotels, imagine the potential for resorts in many areas.

Look at it from the potential benefits instead of the potential delays and costs.

Projects of this magnitude will experience delays, cost overruns, and many other problems. But we must still start it and plan for potential hiccups as we go along. No matter how ell you plan there will be issues but that is not enough reason to back away form it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by ebufa: 7:39pm On May 06
CommonSense1967:
The positive impact of the Lagos Calabar coastal road on the Nigerian economy will be huge and generational.
I have tried to explain to some why this is a brainer but they seem bent on looking at it from a political and sentimental perspective.
Even if Obi was President and he proposed this road, I would have supported it with everything I have.

Nigeria has a long coastline and most are not been used to their full potential. Imagine how many beaches will open up from Lagos to Calabar, imagine world-class hotels, imagine the potential for resorts in many areas.

Look at it from the potential benefits instead of the potential delays and costs.

Projects of this magnitude will experience delays, cost overruns, and many other problems. But we must still start it and plan for potential hiccups as we go along. No matter how ell you plan there will be issues but that is not enough reason to back away form it.

Do not compare these scenic single carriage road to the super highway of 10 lanes Tinubu wants to build...........you can see that this road weaves and curves with topography of the environment........you cannot do this with the super highway with a rail line in between.........the Lagos calabar monstrosity will smash everything within its path............which one concern me sef!
Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by ONNYX: 7:40pm On May 06
Antiurchins:
Coastal road is good but not a priority for now

Only a mumu will see his children hungry and naked then go out to buy smart Tv because his neighbor has the same,why don’t you first feed and cloth them before frivolities

Apt!

My very position here.

It has nothing to do with political or ethnic
affiliation. This project is ill timed. Yes I understand that government is spending very little on the project......but even that little could draw us humongous benefits even if it just carefully and judiciously deployed to the Medical sector.

I mean look at the news the world still reads from Nigeria in 2024; just yesterday a child with an emergency could not be treated because of some stupid pecuniary excuse.

2 Likes

Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by Gboom: 7:40pm On May 06
Why is it that majority of those antagonizing the coastal road are mostly obi supporters from Ibo extraction?
I expect the northerners to be doing this, but they are not despite the fact that they may not have direct benefit from the coastal road
Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by CluelessMODS: 7:41pm On May 06
ableguy:
cheesy
These people funny sha, abeg costal food dey?
People are hungry.
grin
Lmao 😂🤣 were 😂😂

1 Like

Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by MEEVEET: 7:41pm On May 06
CommonSense1967:

Doing what China is doing now instead of what China did when they were in our position

Tell me again that Lagos Ibadan rail how much revenue does it make?

Tourism nko?

E go hard for black man to develop sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by onuman: 7:42pm On May 06
No saner person places China and Nigeria on the same table when discussing human and economic development matters.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by CommonSense1967: 7:43pm On May 06
DMerciful:
Why do you guys always like building castle in the air?

That road will be abandoned, its just for the purpose of looting by Tinubu

Abandoned like the Lagos train system or like Eko Atlantic that is now the home to the largest US embassy in the whole world? May be like the Free trade zone that is home to the largest refinery in the world. Ok maybe like the like the Lekki Seaport. All these projects have Tinubus's brain and hands on them.

You keep going back while we move forward.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by Slytiger: 7:43pm On May 06
ableguy:
cheesy
These people funny sha, abeg costal food dey?
People are hungry.
grin
Yes na..the sea food shawarma sef go dey.

1 Like

Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by ehemwhy(m): 7:44pm On May 06
If we line up wind turbines along the entire stretch of the coastal road, we can generate additional megawatts for the national grid.
Lagos Ibadan expressway is gradually closing up with so many companies, soon you won't see any vacant on that entire stretch. Same can happen on this road when completed .
...but some people just love to focus on the negatives that they loose sight of the positives.
Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by naijapips02: 7:44pm On May 06
yawehoverall:
Looks fine though, but here in NIGERIA we need to tackle poverty , insecurities and hunger.

This is clearly a misplaced priority.

Exactly why we need that road.
Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by ONNYX: 7:46pm On May 06
AareGaa:

You and your blodas dey vex as the costal road no go reach your mkpurumini, cursed region.

You go vex tire!

Jagaban is in control

Elections are over Dude. The final arbiters have confirmed Tinubu President. At this point we should be a bit more objective in appraising other opinions. What the guy said was not wrong in whichever context. This is a project of behemoth proportions. Why the rush? A second very large and contemporary refinery could take priority over this as I would like to think

1 Like

Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by DmonSlayer10: 7:49pm On May 06
mannobi:
The enemies of Nigeria are never happy to hear goodness about the country that's why they hate our coastal highway.
These same people want us to support them to rule this country so that Hero beer can be more popular than first bank. We are watching them.
You are suffering from SMALLPIKINISM

1 Like

Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by Aziishyco(m): 7:49pm On May 06
China is capable of anything. Many people over here are dying of hunger, starvation, banditry, high rates of illiteracy, insecurity, etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by Elsueno: 7:49pm On May 06
LegendHero:

So all the years that we’ve not built coastal highway, did the government used the money to cure poverty?

Why is there poverty in Nigeria in 1960? Did they used the money to build coastal road too?

That coastal road will come to pass. It won’t stop government from spending on other roads and etc if they want to.

Rather than just embezzle the money for his cronies, Tinubu is opening new frontiers but you guys keep wailing daily. Maybe he should have just steal the money and hand it to his friends, like that no one will even know anything is missing until he is gone.

Imagine government creating new roads and you guys are crying. Would you rather they embezzle it all so you can be happy?

Mr man, I love Nigeria very very much....and I say this coastal road project is a colossal waste of time, money & scarce resources at this time. Resources that are really needed at this time in much more important critical sectors.

Deep down U KNOW IT, I KNOW IT & EVERY SANE NIGERIAN KNOWS IT. it has nothing to do with hatred or anything!....To be honest I don't even believe this road would be completed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by bong4(m): 7:51pm On May 06
CommonSense1967:

You will always find ways to bring Obi into a writeup that didn't mention his name.

1 Like

Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by bitingcool: 7:51pm On May 06
OChimex:
Even though this project has better quality and is longer, Nigeria own go cost pass am times 10

I don go do research.

THE PROJECT COST $2.28B for 988.2km

Lagos to calabar is $10.872M (15tri) for 753km.

how Nigeria arrived at 15 trillium, nobody knows

how Nigeria arrived a

please how much

Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by heysquare(m): 7:51pm On May 06
mannobi:
The enemies of Nigeria are never happy to hear goodness about the country that's why they hate our coastal highway.
These same people want us to support them to rule this country so that Hero beer can be more popular than first bank. We are watching them.
Same way they against Lagos Badagry Expressway especially those Odunade, Coker because the road row affected their shop buildings. They went to bribe some govt officials and at the end govt still demolished all the affected buildings. Now they're enjoying both the road and the train
Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by Bluntemperor: 7:52pm On May 06
yawehoverall:
Looks fine though, but here in NIGERIA we need to tackle poverty , insecurities and hunger.

Of Course, from Obi and Atiku press Council Members!
All this nonsense una de drag ,go get waya,in years to come.
Because,no problems will ever finish in Economics before another ones surfaces.
Not that Una no aware but Politics of hatred against President Tinubu is what Una de play!
Las,las,e go hurt Obi,in long run,in Political arena!
Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by luvinhubby(m): 7:54pm On May 06
Lagos coastal road of FRAUD

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by yawehoverall: 7:54pm On May 06
LegendHero:

Yes, government focuses on multiple projects at once. It’s only someone myopic that will think one project need to stop before another can proceed.

You can never have 100% smooth road in Nigeria, it’s impossible. So while some break down and government engage in fixing those, it does not stop them from opening new frontiers and creating new roads from scratch.

As we speak now, Umahi is working on multiple federal government project at once. So I don’t understand the useless noise from people about this specific one.

That’s Bellow embezzling almost $1m for his kid school fees. Tinubu can choose to just steal money for Chagoury and nobody will know or question him. But rather than do that, he embarked on a project and people still comparing because of bitter politics.

I see why most government don’t take the citizen serious.

It's not a useless noise at all.. hunger and poverty is scaling exponentially, biting hard, the price of goods are doubling at a rate we have never seen before, what you buy today, changes in a weeks time.. Thats the harsh reality, from that frustrations and hopelessness , people are voicing out, in the bid to seek for succour, you can't call that NOISE! Instead tell us the reasons why we should have hope, if you are privy to the information as to why we should believe in this project.

2 Likes

Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by yawehoverall: 7:59pm On May 06
Bluntemperor:

Of Course, from Obi and Atiku press Council Members!
All this nonsense una de drag ,go get waya,in years to come.
Because,no problems will ever finish in Economics before another ones surfaces.
Not that Una no aware but Politics of hatred against President Tinubu is what Una de play!
Las,las,e go hurt Obi,in long run,in Political arena!

I have no idea of what you are getting at. But am concerned about the common man on the street, the skyrocketing food stuff price and the low purchasing power of our naira coupled with insecurities ravaging the country as it is. This is obvious challenge staring at everyone in the face irrespective of tribe religion or political divide. THIS IS MY CONCERN

1 Like

Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by LegendHero(m): 7:59pm On May 06
yawehoverall:

It's not a useless noise at all.. hunger and poverty is scaling exponentially, biting hard, the price of goods are doubling at a rate we have never seen before, what you buy today, changes in a weeks time.. Thats the harsh reality, from that frustrations and hopelessness , people are voicing out, in the bid to seek for succour, you can't call that NOISE! Instead tell us the reasons why we should have hope, if you are privy to the information as to why we should believe in this project.

So what do you want the government to do in the immediate that will suddenly make price of bag of rice fall to 500 naira? Do you guys even know the model of the coastal road? Do you think government will just be pouring trillion at once or what?

If government have the means to make bag of rice 20k in 3 month, coastal road construction won’t be the impediment that will have to achieve that.

Even you yourself you don’t know why you’re antagonizing the road because apart from all this dilly dallying of poverty, you haven’t brought any vital argument.

All through Buhari 8 years, he never constructed coastal road. So why has he not used the money that would have been invested in coastal road to make rice 10k per bag to alleviate hunger?

Is that how you think it is?
Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by Electorate: 8:00pm On May 06
muhammaduyusufu:

http://en.people.cn/n3/2024/0205/c90000-20131252.html#:~:text=Opened%20on%20Dec.,widely%20spread%20on%20the%20internet

CommonSense1967:

opamoses1:
The burgeoning tourism industry has also motivated local people who used to work as migrant workers in more developed cities to return to their hometowns.

My best part of the article.

muhammaduyusufu:
[/quote]

[quote author=Dennisochampa post=129817361]Enemies of Nigeria who don't want the progress of this nation won't like this news....
They want their brother to keep making money off the people but it is well... Nigeria will be great again

aguluobi:
Bro leave all this clowns against the project.

It takes a visionary leader to drive a vision not a drunkard like Peter Pandora Obi.

I can not believe graduate can not comprehend the vision behind the coastal highway as basic as it is. Funny enough I sincerely believe they do but just chose to be mischievous because SW Lagos S& Tinubu Eko Atlantic will benefit massively from it that is why they chose to antagonize it.

Wonders shall never end, see how far Tinubu supporter have gone to compare a fraudulent padi padi coastal high way to that of China, imagine comparing a working world power with a toothless foooolish giant called Nigeria...no be juju be that? They probably think every other Nigerians are as brainless as they are.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by Jamesadeosun23: 8:00pm On May 06
Smartcitizen:
Hahaha!

This was how we were told of the INEC BVAS and so much money invested that later became the biggest election fraud in the history of Nigeria.

NIGERIA HAS THE BIGGEST FOOLS IN THE WORLD.

They can easily be fooled.

and you are the president-general of the fools
Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by LegendHero(m): 8:01pm On May 06
Elsueno:

Mr man, I love Nigeria very very much....and I say this coastal road project is a colossal waste of time, money & scarce resources at this time. Resources that are really needed at this time in much more important critical sectors.

Deep down U KNOW IT, I KNOW IT & EVERY SANE NIGERIAN KNOWS IT. it has nothing to do with hatred or anything!....To be honest I don't even believe this road would be completed.

Any Nigeria that is sane won’t be bitter about the coastal road.

Except if you want to argue that government should stop ALL road intervention, close down Work & Housing ministry, and then allocate all the budgetary fund to ministry of agriculture because there is hunger.

But if your argument is singling out coastal road alone, then it’s baseless and not coming from patriotism side. Why is Otti wasting money on the Aba-porthacort road when he can use that money to feed Abians and eradicate hunger? Which is more important? Road or quenching hunger?
Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by Dennisochampa: 8:01pm On May 06
Electorate:

Obi will never rule 9ja Sha

Wonders shall never end, see how far Tinubu supporter have gone to compare a fraudulent padi padi coastal high way to that of China, imagine comparing a working world power with a toothless foooolish giant called Nigeria...no be juju be that?
Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by DonMarkuzi(m): 8:02pm On May 06
yawehoverall:

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by REDshouse(m): 8:04pm On May 06
yawehoverall:

and who tell yu that millions of Chinese people are not also in poverty ...until you visit their country then you will appreciate where u are coming from
Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by DMerciful(m): 8:04pm On May 06
Do you know what 700km road across the delta and tributaries of River Niger entails? Have you been to the Niger Delta riverine areas?

Lagos-Ibadan is less than 160km and it has been on for over 10yrs. The Lagos badagry has been on for about 14yrs yet both are uncompleted.

What makes you think Nigeria has the resources to even complete 1/5th of that road?

Its just a conduit pipe for Tinubu to loot money.
CommonSense1967:

Abandoned like the Lagos train system or like Eko Atlantic that is now the home to the largest US embassy in the whole world? May be like the Free trade zone that is home to the largest refinery in the world. Ok maybe like the like the Lekki Seaport. All these projects have Tinubus's brain and hands on them.

You keep going back while we move forward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Coastal Scenic Highway In China's Hainan Usher In Diverse Tourism Experience by david22uu(m): 8:04pm On May 06
Mikespecialone:

Did they build houses around it

Cos they have sense before choosing a destination for the project

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Turkish Visa Experts Needed / I Visited MAKOKO, The Largest Floating Slum In Africa (pics, Video) / Two Passenger Trains Derail In Eastern India. 280 Dead, 900 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.