Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,022 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Tayammum In Islam. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tayammum In Islam. (43 Views)

Unfolding The Practice Of Tayammum: Purification When Water Is Scarce. / Using Casket For Burial In Islam / How To Do Tayammum - Purity - Dry Ablution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tayammum In Islam. by Abdulmalikiyand: 10:15am On May 09
Tayammum.

The linguistic meaning of tayammum: intention.

Tayammum is an I act of dry ritual purification using purified sand, stone, or mud. It serves as an alternative to the traditional ritual washing (wudu or ghusl) when clean water is unavailable or if an individual is facing certain health issues, such as skin inflammation, scaling, illness, or other hardships.

The legitimacy of Tayammum.

It is the going to the upper part, to wipe the face and hands, with the intention of making prayer and the likes and it’s permissible in Sunnah.

Evidence of the legitimacy of tayammum.

Its legitimacy has been proven by the Qur’an, Sunnah, and consensus.

As for the Al-quran, God Almighty says: (And if you are sick or on a journey, or one of you comes from the toilet, or you have touched women and you do not find water, then perform tayammum on clean earth and wipe your faces and your hands. Indeed, God is Pardoning and Forgiving) (Surat An-Nisa, verse 43.).

As for the Sunnah, according to the hadith of Abu Umamah, may God be pleased with him: The Messenger of God, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him, said: (I have made the entire earth a place of worship and purification for me and my nation, so wherever a man from my nation meets prayer, his purification is with him) Narrated by Ahmad.
Continue reading here

https://islamicblog.com.ng/unfolding-the-practice-of-tayammum-purification-when-water-is-scarce/

(1) (Reply)

Nothing Is Too Small For God / I Am A Believer. / Do I Need To Be Baptized Over Again If I Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.