Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,309 members, 7,842,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos (22160 Views)

Teenage Girl Crushed To Death By Tanker In Niger State / The Wonders Of Ladder-like 240km-long Yaxi “skyroad” Expressway In China / Topless Lady On A Motorbike Along Lekki Expressway In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by NaijaCover(m): 7:35pm On May 12
The Lagos State Police Command says a five-year-old girl, simply identified as Bosede, was crushed to death by a truck while crossing the Iganmu-Apapa Expressway with her mother.

The Command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed the incident on Sunday.

Hundeyin said the report of the accident was received by the Iponri police Division on Saturday at about 11.30 a.m.

He said the accident happened at Iganmu under bridge, inward Apapa, and involved a truck driven by yet to be identified driver.

The spokesperson said the girl and her mother were allegedly crossing the Expressway when the truck hit and crushed her head, killing her on the spot.

Hundeyin said police traffic officers from the division visited the scene and removed the corpse for burial by the family.

He said investigation is ongoing for possible arrest of the fleeing driver.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2024/05/12/5-year-old-girl-crushed-to-death-crossing-expressway-in-lagos/

2 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by NaijaCover(m): 7:35pm On May 12
May The Gentle Soul Of The Little Girl, Rest Well

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by Timoleon(m): 7:38pm On May 12
Nigerians think using the pedestrian bridge is punishment.

RIP to the girl. I believe she has escaped Nigeria.

27 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by NaijaCover(m): 7:40pm On May 12
Timoleon:

Mr Blogger, Is Still Crying About This Sad News
Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:25pm On May 12
if you are fit/healthy and by yourself, then by all means cross the motorway while dodging passing cars/trucks, but if you are with kids or an older person, abeg just use the pedestrian bridges....they are there for a damn reason and it will just take 5 more mins of your time.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by Puss360(f): 9:15pm On May 12
Hmmmm...
The both parent should be jailed!!!
What exactly is making an adult to cross an express road with a 5yr old without using the pedestrian bridge?
If that mother is mentally ill, then after her grieving, she should be jailed...
Coz obviously that child may not know the importance of the overhead bridge , but the mother can't claim ignorance....
Now the life of that child is gone!!!

Rip

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by jiz: 9:48pm On May 12
All parent should know that they will give account on all children God put in their care. Children are God's heritage. Imagine such careless and useless parent angry angry
Rip to innocent damsel

4 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by NwaNimo1(m): 9:48pm On May 12
Which truck in the pic did it?

5 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by Odkwu: 9:48pm On May 12
Sad
Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by twilliamx(m): 9:48pm On May 12
Oh shit..how did she get there?
Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by jiz: 9:48pm On May 12
Some parent will not even make heaven
Puss360:
Hmmmm...
The both parent should be jailed!!!
What exactly is making an adult to cross an express road with a 5yr old without using the pedestrian bridge?
If that mother is mentally ill, the after her grieving, she should be jailed...
Coz obviously that child may not know the importance of the overhead bridge , but the mother can't claim ignorance....
Now the life of that child is gone!!!

Rip
Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by oluwaahmed: 9:49pm On May 12
Damn
Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by Hezzyluv: 9:49pm On May 12
RIP

All these Roads that link to Apapa, vehicles are overspending there. Another accident even happened at Cele express leading to Apapa on Friday night. You need to see how people were bunt beyond recognition. cry

2 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by Helpfromabove1(m): 9:49pm On May 12
Rip

But the report is incomplete, what about the mother

I want to presume the mother was carrying the 5 years old girl to such a wide road
Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by Kelvinnchucks(m): 9:49pm On May 12
Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by dooshm856: 9:51pm On May 12
blood of God.. too bad
Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by dibunotion(m): 9:51pm On May 12
Obi reacts

1 Like

Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by Nahunger(m): 9:51pm On May 12
cry

This is heartbreaking 💔

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by Kelvinnchucks(m): 9:52pm On May 12
Timoleon:

Did you bother to confirm if there was a pedestrian bridge available in this scenario?

You lack two things.. the second is empathy.

You should know what the first one is.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by ghiloman28(m): 9:53pm On May 12
Omo 5yrs old child crossing express with so called stupid parent of hers God. Many Nigerians and Africa lives a reckless life. Rip to the dead

43 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by Inosky: 9:55pm On May 12
Sad. RIP. This kind of thing hardly happen in an organized country
Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by Segzy19: 9:55pm On May 12
The government must do everything possible and reasonable to encourage the use of pedestrian bridges.
Most of the times, the pedestrian bridges are littered with faeces and urine. Some other times, you find all these destitutes ,street rogues and criminals on these bridges and they are ready to cause you loss or harm..

The whole situation is complex..
However, I agree with you to a little extent that Nigerians may not like using the pedestrian bridges

Timoleon:

3 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by Hezmatosky: 9:56pm On May 12
dibunotion:
Obi reacts
And helinus ran away

1 Like

Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by Mcslize: 9:57pm On May 12
Nigeria is a jungle. Road users who called themselves drivers drive recklessly, causing uncountable accidents on a daily basis.

Our lives are not just safe in this country. You will never see reckless accident happening or car crushing people to death in saner climes. It's very rare.

That's because, everyone over there drives carefully and there are speed cameras positioned everywhere. You can't compare abroad life to this jungle called Nigeria.

That's why I will always tell ariesbull and ogbonti to stop fighting for a country that is a jungle where people live like animals.

1 Like

Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by xyjoe(m): 9:59pm On May 12
So sad. My heart goes out to the family especially the mother.

3 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by Sirianese: 10:00pm On May 12
So sad angry
Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by Mcslize: 10:01pm On May 12
Hezzyluv:
RIP

All these Roads that link to Apapa, vehicles are overspending there. Another accident even happened at Cele express leading to Apapa on Friday night. You need to see how people were bunt beyond recognition. cry

Nigeria will never happen to my unborn children. The fact say all my mates don born and I never born no mean say I be mumu. I know what I am doing.

Brother, may Nigeria never happen to our kids.

1 Like

Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by SlavaUkraini: 10:03pm On May 12
post=129919591:

Mr Blogger, Is Still Crying About This Sad News

Still Crying Crocodile 🐊🐊 tears 😭😭
Re: 5-Year-Old Girl Crushed To Death Crossing Expressway In Lagos by NaijaCover(m): 10:05pm On May 12
NwaNimo1:
Which truck in the pic did it?

Long Time

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ambode Tackles Traffic Challenge Using Outdoor Advertising Solution / African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation / 300 Men, 83 Women, Child Evacuated From UAE Arrive Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.