Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,346 members, 7,860,889 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:10 PM

Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue (50907 Views)

Army Reacts To Attack On Soldiers At Banex Plaza / Soldier Slaps Woman Into Coma At Banex & Takes Her Away / Policeman Killed, As Youths Clash With Soldiers Over Party Food In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by nlfpmod: 4:08pm On May 21
Nigerian Army Personnel Detain, Torture Abuja Shop Owner Who Honoured Invitation Over Incident At Banex Plaza

Personnel of the Nigerian Army have detained a shop owner identified as Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera who honoured their invitation over Saturday’s clash between some soldiers and customers at the New Banex Plaza in Abuja.

SaharaReporters had reported how the Nigerian Army Corps of Military Police on Saturday evening reportedly stormed Banex Plaza in Abuja and beat up passersby and security guards.

The assault on civilians was said to be a reprisal for an earlier free-for-all that broke out between four military police personnel and some traders at the popular electronics and telecommunications gadget market earlier on Saturday.

The soldiers’ attacks on civilians and show-of-force by the military police came a few hours after the FCT Commissioner of Police, Bennet Igweh, settled the scuffle between the soldiers and the traders at the police command.

SaharaReporters gathered the army came back to the plaza on Monday morning to arrest some people whom they claimed were involved in the assault against their officers.

One of the identified people was Enomfon Abasiono Udofia, a trader inside the plaza who always went to Caleb’s shop to pick goods.

During a telephone conversation with SaharaReporters on Tuesday morning, Caleb’s wife said it was because of the trading relationship between her husband and Enomfon that made the army authorities invite him which he honoured on Monday evening.

The woman mentioned that the army refused to release her husband and continues to brutalise him without any charges.

She added that her husband "is currently being jailed at Mambilla Barracks, Asokoro, and the army authorities did not allow any of his relatives to visit him."

She said, My husband called me yesterday that his name was given out to the army saying he was among those that fought them. He said he told them that he had nothing to do with the situation.

He was later asked to come see them which he honoured and since then they kept him at Mambilla Barracks at their duty room.

“I just gave birth through a CS (surgery) and I had to find him through his live location but they didn’t let me see him. They sent me away. Last night he texted me that they tortured him so badly and broke his foot,
” she added.

https://saharareporters.com/2024/05/21/lawless-nigerian-army-personnel-detain-torture-abuja-shop-owner-who-honoured-invitation

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by immortalcrown(m): 4:15pm On May 21
Someone honoured your invitation and you rewarded him with torture and detention. So, being civil is now a crime? I always say that the makers and the enforcers of law in Nigeria are more unlawful than the rest.

Miscarriage of justice has always been the order of the day by the Nigerian security agencies. They scapegoat innocent and peaceful individuals.

In a sane country, nobody will be arrested unless the beaten soldier identifies the person to be involved. But in Nigeria, a fight between an officer and one person in a marketplace warrants the arrest and detention of all the people in the marketplace, especially if the market is perceived to be dominated by non-Hausas.

271 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by mohims(m): 4:17pm On May 21
How does it concern is? Go and meet the Nigerian Army authorities!

18 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by Holyfic: 4:18pm On May 21
I nor when army get right to detain anybody. the act of lawlessness in this con3 is on all time high

186 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by Moony45: 4:19pm On May 21
Na wa oo. Which kain market dem go buy laidis

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by Obierika(m): 4:19pm On May 21
This barbaric act whereby innocent people are arrested for the offence of another person needs to stop! angry

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by TylerPerry: 4:19pm On May 21
She probably might have used some soldiers to slap a soul in the past. No one suddenly reaps pawpaw where you didn't sow it. Away from that, how are Nigerian families surviving this excruciating period in Nigerian history. I advise the authorities to do something asap, otherwise what is going around will come back around, people are damn hungry, to just mildly put. Even the AGBADO (wait o, google brought this word out while typing, what an achievement by the APC administration) that was promised
their supporters is now expensive despite it being without seeds.... TERRIBLE!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by Godfullsam(m): 4:19pm On May 21
Ok
Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by xpressionx(m): 4:19pm On May 21
OneBunch of cowards.
They went to do the job of Consumer protection council, but left the job of finding the bandits flogging them in the Forest.

Am sure the senior officers did no sanction this, na recruits dey misbehave

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by Kobicove(m): 4:19pm On May 21
All the soldiers involved in this should be deployed to Sambisa forest with immediate effect! angry

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by RapistOnBail: 4:20pm On May 21
This is a very good news.

The Army should not spare the rod at all.

Keep the nonentity in ur custody, let anyone who wants to cry, cry.

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by Fatbam005: 4:20pm On May 21
Lawlessness everywhere. Even the hunters are now Hunted

5 Likes

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by MatrixReloaded: 4:20pm On May 21
Give the Evil arms and they perpetrate henious crimes against humanity.
If I am the president of federal Republic of Nigeria, I will disengage the military 🪖, paramilitary, and dislodge the whole police force.
Let this country run on its own accord and let all men, women, children yield gun with out recourse.
The dehunaminzation of my country people is too alarming and I will make sure the military from the top to bottom never goes scout free.
You be military no mean say u get two head. God punish ur fada.

2 Likes

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by ChizzyBuna(m): 4:20pm On May 21
When you see Arabic in Nigerian Army logo
Una think say na Christian Army grin grin

Dem no go arrest any Aboki wey beat them
Dem go face only South People

Cowards in Camouflage
I have a video of 4 Hausa boys beating 2 soldiers and stonning them.

So me I no fit fear Army again..NEVER
Dem don cast themselves as Cowards that target only a certain group/tribe of people.

No matter how strong Army tries to look
Nobody RESPECT Soldiers in the South
Because we know how Northerners beat the hell out of Soldiers and nothing happens.

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by xristos(m): 4:20pm On May 21
Hmmm...

Abeg how much is current usd/naira rate..
Why are we not seeing the news updates again🤷🏻‍♀️

2 Likes

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by EmeeNaka: 4:20pm On May 21
Hmmm.
Injustice in Nigeria will destroy this country

17 Likes

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by b0rn2fuck(m): 4:20pm On May 21
The way they handle their own armless citizens is alarming. Ordinary two boko Haram boys they will be calling God for support.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by Godfullsam(m): 4:20pm On May 21
Waiting for them to come play the victim card as usual

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by DSS1335: 4:21pm On May 21
Welcome to Nigeria where lawlessness is the order of the day.
A country where Criminals like Wike and Akpabio who ought to be cooling their feets in the jail are holding high profile sensitive political office.

BTW, the issues at the bannex was predicted to get to this stage hence the reasons we were urging civilians to keep away from that vicinity for at least two weeks because in Nigeria, the military do not give recourse to due process and investigation, they brutalize whoever their hands can touch.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by Felaincarnated: 4:21pm On May 21
NIGERIAN SOLDIERS ARE COWARDS.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by ecomalchemistt(m): 4:21pm On May 21
SORRY
Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by tuzle(m): 4:21pm On May 21
mohims:
na when dey touch you too, ur people will come online to cry and nobody will help.

19 Likes

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by deathtoLeo: 4:21pm On May 21
that's why I have no pity whenever they're being mulled by bandits

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by ReacherSaidNoth: 4:22pm On May 21
This country has a long way to go.

3 Likes

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by NoahHadNoArk: 4:22pm On May 21
mohims:

It concerns well meaning individuals and law abiding citizens who will always fight against injustice and brutality by the police and military.

It certainly has nothing to do with clowns and sadists like you so zip your mouth and keep off

My peace I leave you

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caleb Onyemaeachi Chidera Detained, Tortured By Soldiers Over Banex Plaza Issue by Yemi4real3(m): 4:22pm On May 21
Soldier why

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Look On Face Of Ese Oruru, As She Sets To Return Home (Pic) / "Your Husband Has Been Raping Me" - 16-Year-Old Tells Housewife In Lagos / HORROR !!! Jungle Justice In Uyo (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.