Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Aneke Can Be Another Yekeni - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Aneke Can Be Another Yekeni (956 Views)

Aneke Is A Genius – Frimpong / Yakubu Aiyebeni Gives Jude Aneke A Cash Gift Of $1,000 / Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aneke Can Be Another Yekeni by araba1(m): 8:01am On Nov 24, 2011
The new gaffer of National team,Super Eagles, Stephen Keshi,has tipped Nigeria Premier League(NPL), hotshot,Jude Aneke,to be the next fantastic finisher like the legendary Rasheed Yekini.
Keshi, who disclosed this to sports journalists, described Yekini as all-time leading goal scorer for Nigeria with 37 goals and since his exit from the team, no one has met or surpassed his goals record till now.
He revealed that the current form of Kaduna United forward,who scored 20 goals in the just concluded 2010/2011 NPL season, could be a more deadly finisher than Yekini.
According to him“The little I saw of Aneke in training for games against Zambia and Botswana,I was impressed“.
“He is a good striker who knows how to position himself to score goals“, he added.
Keshi however added that the youngster’s game still needs to be polished so as to become ruthless finisher.
“I hope to polish his game and then he could be another Yekini. He may not be as big as Yekini, but he could be much more ruthless finisher than Yekini when taught what to do“,keshi said.
Jude Aneke was a debutant against Zambia when he came on late in the second half of the match.
Keshi therefore noted he is turning his searchlight on the Nigerian league for players rather than always call up a whole squad of players from abroad.

www.nigerianecho.com
Re: Aneke Can Be Another Yekeni by honeric01(m): 9:52am On Nov 24, 2011
he's not really like Yekeni, Ekhiosu is more like Yekeni and Emenike more like Amokashi
Re: Aneke Can Be Another Yekeni by semid4lyfe(m): 7:37am On Nov 25, 2011
Saw Aneke in like 3 games of kaduna United this concluded season and I wasn't too impressed. He reminds me of former highest goal scorers in the Nigerian league like Olumide Harris & Eddy Dombraye that turned out to be big flops at the National level

In my opinion, Ajani Ibrahim of Sunshine Stars of Akure is a better player. . . ^^and the Nigerian press should stop referring to the guy as a youngster cos the guy is oooooooold. Only a bind man wouldn't see this. . . .
Re: Aneke Can Be Another Yekeni by honeric01(m): 11:36pm On Nov 27, 2011
^^^^

lol, old children in our league loll.

(1) (Reply)

Usain Bolt, The Main Attraction At Manchester United Game / Arsenal Won’t Win Any Trophy, Until The New Royal Baby Becomes King – TB Joshua / [Run Race] Nike "We Run 2013" Lagos Run Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.