Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Invitation To A Reading Session In Yaba - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Invitation To A Reading Session In Yaba (3749 Views)

Help Me To Name A Reading Club / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Invitation To A Reading Session In Yaba by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 24, 2011
PulpFactionClub + Wordsmithy Media + Debonair Present:

Book ‘n’ Gauge VI: Many Worlds of Two Writers

The sixth edition of Book n Gauge is scheduled to hold on November 26, 2011 @ Debonair Bookstore, 294, Herbert Macaulay Way, Sabo, Yaba. 2pm - 5pm. In the month of November, we would be hosting you to two amazing writers, three performers and it’s going to be a blast. We would go on a trip to the many worlds of these writers, the world of their books, their writing world, the human world and of course, the other worlds that they are a part, the worlds that you do not read about behind a novel.

Ayodele Arigbabu
Writer, Publisher, Architect and businessman, Ayo is always looking for ways to express his creativity. On these many lives, Ayo says “I’m always amazed to find myself to be the only one who is not confused about my ability to wear many hats. I don’t really enjoy introducing myself to people I’m meeting for the first time in public, because when they ask: “so what do you do?” and I get started, the look of consternation on their faces makes me want to talk about something else. I’ve learnt not to get worried anymore about other people being worried about me going all out, in my own little way, to live my life to the hilt. I’m more worried now that so many people out there are living such plain linear lives….sheesh! They don’t know what they’re missing!”

Ebi Akpeti
Ebi Akpeti is the author of The Perfect Church which was adapted for the big screen and television by Wale Adenuga Productions; it features Nollywood stars starring Ramsey Noah, Olu Jacobs and Funke Akindele. For her journalism, she has won awards lik the Capital Market Reporter of the year by the prestigious Nigerian Media Merit Award NMMA Award (NMMA) for her story "Trigger for Fraud."

Ebi decided she had a thing for fiction and decided to put pen to paper and see what pans out of it. She released Growing Pains in 2006 and later on, she wrote and a book titled Castrated, which was used by the inaugural class of the Masters Students of Pan African University Lagos for their Creative Writing course.  This contributor to several magazines is passionate about writing. She is currently working on a new novel, For the Sake of Peremoboere and a screen play, God has a Sense of Humour

There promises to be:                             
•A one-on-one interaction between authors and readers
•A platform for book enthusiasts to meet, interact and network. (Facebook members of PulpFactionClub and Twitter followers would have a grand opportunity to meet).
•Freebies
•Live Musical performances by:  guitar masters D Tone and Aramide.•Book signing
DATE:  26th November, 2011

TIME: STRICTLY 2pm – 5pm

VENUE: Debonair Bookstore, 294, Herbert Macaulay Way, Sabo, Yaba.

Remember: Bring five friends and win a free book! Gifts are available for early birds too.
Re: Invitation To A Reading Session In Yaba by anonimi: 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2011
thanks for the public NL invite.
wish I could be there except that I'm very far from the venue but I hope there will be a large turnout for this good initiative.
Re: Invitation To A Reading Session In Yaba by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2011
Me too
Re: Invitation To A Reading Session In Yaba by snthesis(m): 6:12pm On Nov 24, 2011
howl mush
Re: Invitation To A Reading Session In Yaba by pastol(m): 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2011
Tnks alot ve d awareness n ivt, i won,t miss dis promisimg event.
Bt pls next tym send such invites earlier so plans can b made properly, am abt cancelling an appointment in other 2 make dis.
Lastly, is there any entrance fee 4 d event or is it free?
Re: Invitation To A Reading Session In Yaba by Busybody2(f): 6:42pm On Nov 24, 2011
shocked shocked
Did I just read "invitatiion to a reading session at yabaleft"

Thank God for that miracle working God of wonders, we have finally come into our own, the stone the builders rejected yesteryears have now become the chief cornerstone

cheesy This calls for some zobo and shekpe on the rocks hehehe, *hic*, cheesy
Re: Invitation To A Reading Session In Yaba by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 24, 2011
@Busybody, Lol

What's the cost. It's not far from my place.

I usually use a library around there, so coming to the venue will be easier!
Re: Invitation To A Reading Session In Yaba by omotisa: 8:33pm On Nov 24, 2011
I am looking forward to this event. I am a member of the club and the monthly book reading of pulpfaction club is one sure worthwhile event for me. Lots of riveting discussions and beautiful music too. lest I forget, it is a hub for the smart sets. You dont want to miss this one.
Re: Invitation To A Reading Session In Yaba by Busybody2(f): 8:36pm On Nov 24, 2011
Donpuzo:

@Busybody, Lol

What's the cost. [size=14pt]It's not far from my place[/size]

I usually use a library around there, so coming to the venue will be easier!

omotisa:

I am looking forward to this event. I am a member of the club and the monthly book reading of pulpfaction club is one sure worthwhile event for me. Lots of riveting discussions and beautiful music too. lest I forget, it is a hub for the smart sets. You dont want to miss this one.

See confession and people now coming outta the woodworks to claim they live in yabaleft tongue

Anyway who no like to be associated with better things, welcome aboard comrade, there is always room for one more at yabaleft grin

Off to go and warn the other yabaleft bingoes that I saw Donpuzo first and to back off my property angry I can't believe my luck, first we get our own celebrity book reading club then in waltzed my own knight in shining armour Don D'donpuzo to whisk me off my feet into the sunset cheesy Good thing too that the OP Jarus works for CNN, it would be a good idea if they cover me and my Don's upcoming wedding  cool grin tongue
Re: Invitation To A Reading Session In Yaba by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 24, 2011
@Busybody,

I stay at Yabaright. Though it's cool staying in yaba! I am proud of the vicinity, though at a point the rate of insane people was becoming alarming.

Been a while i visited the library at mainland!

Though set for them!
Re: Invitation To A Reading Session In Yaba by omotisa: 8:49pm On Nov 24, 2011
Please let's not scare potential guests o. There wont be any visit from the denizens of the famous assylum. It is a celebration of literary arts and opportunity to network.The event has been on for six straight months and it is waxing stronger.

See you on saturday.
Re: Invitation To A Reading Session In Yaba by Busybody2(f): 8:52pm On Nov 24, 2011
grin
Common guys, don't be shy or ashamed to stand up and be counted, and rep where you are from to the fullest tongue
Re: Invitation To A Reading Session In Yaba by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 24, 2011
@omotisa. Unfortunately for you, i'm gonna be there.
Re: Invitation To A Reading Session In Yaba by slimyem: 11:33pm On Nov 24, 2011
awww,wish i could be there.schedules too tight for that day.
Re: Invitation To A Reading Session In Yaba by Orikinla(m): 8:26am On Nov 25, 2011
Good. Ayo just had a successful coordination of the 13th Lagos Book and Art Festival (LABAF).
Re: Invitation To A Reading Session In Yaba by Koolking(m): 2:04pm On Nov 25, 2011
Damn cool! I shall be there. No story
Re: Invitation To A Reading Session In Yaba by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 25, 2011
Una no wan talk how much angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

ODE: A Yoruba Urban Fantasy (rewrite) / Gun Shot(crime, Sex, Adventure) Story By Officialbro / Fruiting In The Desert Of Widowhood Book Review | Imelda Udoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.