Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! (6999 Views)

Best Mobile Browser For Downloading Movies? / Nokia E6 Users, Are U Experiencing Any Browsing Problem With Mtn In Opera Mini / How Do I Transfer My Saved Pages In Opera Mini To Another Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by Relax101(m): 10:01pm On Nov 24, 2011
Recent figures by Opera Software company, show that Nigerians are first in Africa and fifth largest users of Opera Mini browsers in the world. With this latest ranking, Nigeria has surpassed more tech-savvy countries such as the United States and China.

More than 140 million people used Opera Mini last month, with usage growing 83 percent in the last year. As of October 2011 Opera Mini usage has doubled eight times since its introduction.

“Opera Mini has gained users in every country, across 2G, 3G and 4G networks, across feature phone and smartphones,” said Lars Boilesen, CEO, Opera Software. “What these numbers won’t tell you is that many people use Opera Mini as their only means to get online. We’re seeing a whole new generation of people connect to the Web for the first time using a mobile device and we are only starting to see the changes — societal, technological, and cultural — that will happen as a result.”

According to StatCounter, internet browsing from mobile phones in Nigeria grew by over 25% between October 2010 and October 2011. In the same period, according to StatCounter, internet browsing from desktops decreased by more than 25%. Nigeria has an estimated 93 million mobile phone users, and is ranked as having the largest mobile subscriber base in Africa.

A key information in the StatCounter data is that Opera Mini browser is the most popular mobile internet browser in Nigeria. About 90% of Nigerian users of mobile internet browsers use Opera Mini. The upsurge in internet browsing from mobile phones among Nigerians has been explained as due to the fact that accessing web content from a mobile browser is much cheaper than accessing the same content for a desktop.

According to recent figures released in October 2011 by Opera Software, Nigerians, first in Africa and fifth largest users of Opera Mini browsers in the world, have surpassed more tech-savvy countries such as the United States and China and Brazil.

http://tekedia.com/30048/nigeria-moves-opera-mini-mobile-browser-usage/
Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by Emmyk(m): 12:39am On Nov 25, 2011
Goodnews, thats wat I'm using now
Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by asudan: 10:35am On Nov 25, 2011
At least good news is coming from this forum
Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by doctokwus: 11:18am On Nov 25, 2011
Very accurate,that's what I and many others I know mainly use,though I av bolt& occasionally use it too
Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by slap1(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2011
Good. I hope we will come fifth in something more propitious.
Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:27pm On Nov 25, 2011
Amen to that
Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by kl2020: 2:44pm On Nov 25, 2011
bullshit!!!!
Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by Ekans: 3:27pm On Nov 25, 2011
kl2020:

bullshit!!!!
Asswipe,where is the shit in this writeup?
Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by Pennywise(m): 4:13pm On Nov 25, 2011
I love my opera mini
Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by kl2020: 5:20pm On Nov 25, 2011
Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage? wow, i m so happy we are developing rapidly now, soon we will be greater than the US and UK, what a great a country
Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 25, 2011
Nigeria has an estimated 93 million mobile phone users,

this is good news.

This can make us catch up with the world.
Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by cynthiafred67(f): 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2011
This is good news, it is what I am using now.
Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by Pinoralia: 8:02pm On Nov 25, 2011
That's a good news. It good to know that w̶̲̥̅ξ re not lagging behind Iή mobile internet technology. When would our software engineers come up with indigenous browser softwares?
Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by dadicvila(m): 9:24pm On Nov 25, 2011
free mtn browsing via opera mini is my fundamental human right wink wink
Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by godman01(m): 9:59pm On Nov 25, 2011
They better recheck we are the first o.
Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by markjac01: 10:50pm On Nov 25, 2011
dadicvila:

free mtn browsing via opera mini is my fundamental human right wink wink
seun, dis was xactly wat i posted nd i got banned
Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by markjac01: 10:54pm On Nov 25, 2011
kl2020:

Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage? wow, i m so happy we are developing rapidly now, soon we will be greater than the US and UK, what a great a country
a country aint great by using, u bcum great by manufacturing
kl2020:

Pinoralia:

That's a good news. It good to know that w̶̲̥̅ξ re not lagging behind Iή mobile internet technology. When would our software engineers come up with indigenous browser softwares?
Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by FEMARY1: 12:52am On Nov 26, 2011
Opera mini is cool on mobiles.Opens all pages fine.Without it I dont enjoy browsing on my BB.

Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by Ndkings1(m): 8:35am On Nov 26, 2011
What would i hav don with out my firefox mozilla browzer.
Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by Ignatio(m): 9:32am On Nov 26, 2011
mark_jac01:

seun, dis was xactly wat i posted nd i got banned
Really?
Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by jimctu: 2:42am On Nov 27, 2011
Re: Nigeria Moves To Fifth In Opera Mini Mobile Browser Usage! by GChux1: 4:48pm On Nov 29, 2011
Browsing with most of these phones' default browsers had always been boring and crappy. Opera Mini is the best thing that has ever happened to the world since the invention of sliced bread. So check your emotions, bro.
jimctu:

I hate opera lipsrsealed
[center][img]http://s03.flagcounter.com/map/FMv/size=t/txt=000000/border=CCCCCC/pageviews=1/viewers=3[/img]
[img]http://2.s03.flagcounter.com/count/FMv/bg=00CC66/txt=000000/border=000000/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=1/pageviews=1/[/img][img]http://s03.flagcounter.com/count/FMv/bg=00CC66/txt=000000/border=000000/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=1/pageviews=1/[/img][/center]

(1) (Reply)

This Infinix Hot Note Is Only N23,500. Will You Buy? - Jim's BIG Thing / In Need Of Subsciption To Download Heavy Games / Telecomm Firms To Increase Tariff For Their Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.