Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Happy New Year (hijra) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Happy New Year (hijra) (5105 Views)

Hijra / Muslims Celebrate New Year 1433 After Hijra / Hijra Greetings To All Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy New Year (hijra) by olawalebabs(m): 6:48am On Nov 25, 2011
We thank Allah for seeing us through the past year (1432), a year that will go down as year of revolution. (middle east and northern African), a year that the security situation of Nigeria deterioted, a year that witness one of the world worst devasting disasters (japan). In spite of all these, Allah still preserve our lives, not because we are pious or saint, just for his Rahama (favour), Alhamdulilah. Happy new year. Hijra 1433
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by tbaba1234: 7:04am On Nov 25, 2011
JazakAllahu Khairan

It is on monday right!
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by maclatunji: 3:48pm On Nov 25, 2011
Same to you and our fellow Muslims!
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by vedaxcool(m): 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2011
Same to you and all Muslims.

After Asr prayers we had a little khutbah from our Imam, and I just want us to be mindful of the following:

1. That as we enter another year, we should not judge last year only on material terms but also our growth in religion. what we set out to achieve and what we failed to achieve e.g. I want to recite the Qur'an on a daily basis, then we should ask our selves whether we held this resolution. and etc. not focussing on How many cars I have etc.

2. We should be mindful of people we deal with, as we know, people die everyday, let us deal justly with everyone we come across so that we have no account to make on Yawnmul Qiyammah.

3. We should also be mindful on our duties to our parents.

4. We should hold fast to our duties to Islam, remeber when you Young make use of it before you get old, when you are Well make use of it before you fall sick, when you have time make use of it before you are busy Etc. That our lives today is an account we will give on Judgement day, so let us make use of it and do as much good we can.

As salamulalaykun smiley smiley
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by olawalebabs(m): 4:53pm On Nov 25, 2011
That's food for thought. Love that
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by LagosShia: 5:32pm On Nov 25, 2011
so called Muslims are celebrating their "new year".and none of them remembered that in Muharram (on the 10th day) is the day of matyrdom of Imam Hussain (as) and teh family members of the Prophet Muhammad (sa).

woe to the any mosque imam or muslim who would talk about the holy month of Muharram and purposefully ignore the matyrdom of Imam Hussain (as) in that month.

Watch Video: REMEMBERING THE MATYRS OF KARBALA

Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by Ismail0071(m): 5:52pm On Nov 25, 2011
happi new year to all ma muslim brothas n sistas!
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by olawalebabs(m): 7:21pm On Nov 25, 2011
LagosShia, can you expatiate on what you meant by 'so called muslim'?
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by LagosShia: 7:34pm On Nov 25, 2011
olawalebab:

LagosShia, can you expatiate on what you meant by 'so called muslim'?

"so called muslim"=those who follow the "Islam" of Banu Ummayya,haters of Muhammad and killers of the Ahlul-Bayt (as).many do so blindly.but the heartach is from those who knowingly do so as you can see below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-811368.0.html#msg9631899
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by mukina2: 12:05am On Nov 26, 2011
@topic
happy new year to all of us smiley

lagos shia

you nor dey tire? 

must you post your stuff on every thread?

this thread says happy new year. i am deleting any offtopic posts.
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by LagosShia: 1:57am On Nov 26, 2011
mukina2:

lagos shia

you nor dey tire?

must you post your stuff on every thread?

this thread says happy new year. i am deleting any offtopic posts.

i am only trying to say:there is really nothing happy about the new year in Islam.
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by chakula: 6:09am On Nov 26, 2011
Happy New year to u all my muslims brothers and sisters
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by busar(m): 6:17am On Nov 26, 2011
may Allah mak us witnes it in gud helt,strong iman,halal wealth and prosperity.@lagos shia,i dont knw wat so special abt d death hussain(r.a),dey are many great companions dat are matyred.we dont even celbrat d death of prophet muhammad(saw) Y hussain ? May Allah guide u 2 d strait pat.
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by olawalebabs(m): 7:13am On Nov 26, 2011
Amin, i don't want to derail this thread, i will have respond to some post here. May Allah guide us to the right path. 'idna sira tal mustakin'.
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by LagosShia: 11:38am On Nov 26, 2011
busar:

may Allah mak us witnes it in gud helt,strong iman,halal wealth and prosperity.@lagos shia,i dont knw wat so special abt d death hussain(r.a),dey are many great companions dat are matyred.we dont even celbrat d death of prophet muhammad(saw) Y hussain ? May Allah guide u 2 d strait pat.
i have answered you in the other thread so that i respect the wish of others in "not derailing" their thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-811368.0.html#msg9636017
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by ziccoit: 2:42pm On Nov 26, 2011
Why should one say ill of any of the companions of the prophet? When he (Muhammed) has actually warned us against that. All of the companions are the best of mankind that have ever existed on the surface of the earth and they are all inhabitants of janah. Why should one judge a fight one didn't know how it start?
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by Dawdy(m): 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2011
Happy hijrah celebration!
May we withness many more on the surface of the earth.
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by maclatunji: 3:31pm On Nov 26, 2011
Chei!
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by LagosShia: 4:06pm On Nov 26, 2011
ziccoit:

Why should one say ill of any of the companions of the prophet? When he (Muhammed) has actually warned us against that. All of the companions are the best of mankind that have ever existed on the surface of the earth and they are all inhabitants of janah. Why should one judge a fight one didn't know how it start?

just the way you know and are busy spreading that all of them were "angels",it is the same way we know how the fight started.we are not confused.are you?

Shi'a Position On The Companions
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by olawalebabs(m): 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2011
Happy new year once again
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by Maisuya1: 4:36pm On Nov 26, 2011
Happy new year to all Muslims
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 26, 2011
May almighty Allah make us witness many more on earth, with eeman and good health.
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by ola80(m): 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2011
LagosShia:

just the way you know and are busy spreading that all of them were "angels",it is the same way we know how the fight started.we are not confused.are you?

Shi'a Position On The Companions

@ LagosShia, this post is to congratulate the muslims on the new hijra year, NOT for you to start propagating your erroneous shia beliefs. Nairalanders beware of him please.
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by jafextra(m): 6:00pm On Nov 26, 2011
Happy new year to all Muslim in the house
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by bashydemy(m): 6:14pm On Nov 26, 2011
Same to you all Muslim bro and sis
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 26, 2011
n
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by walelamina: 6:46pm On Nov 26, 2011
haapy hijjra 1433,barka all tha way for all the nairalanders
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by MeGaStReEt: 7:47pm On Nov 26, 2011
lol @Happy New Year grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 8:57pm On Nov 26, 2011
Mmm
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by LagosShia: 9:25pm On Nov 26, 2011
ola80:

@ LagosShia, this post is to congratulate the muslims on the new hijra year, NOT for you to start propagating your erroneous shia beliefs. Nairalanders beware of him please.

seeking a sense of belonging does sometimes help heal the feeling of stu.pidity and inferiority complex. grin
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by chimauga(m): 11:36pm On Nov 26, 2011
Wonders, two muslim attacking and abusing each other in the name or religion, No wonder boko haram comes from there , Mmmtthewww
Re: Happy New Year (hijra) by tbaba1234: 11:49pm On Nov 26, 2011
chima-uga:

Wonders, two muslim attacking and abusing each other in the name or religion, No wonder boko haram comes from there , Mmmtthewww

Just like protestants and catholics have fought for thousands of years: Don't you even know your history?

(1) (2) (Reply)

"6 Days Of Bonanza": The Fast Of 9th, 10th & Other Days Of Muharram / Guidelines Concerning Names Which May Correctly Be Attributed To Allaah,.... / How To Complete The Missed Rakat(s) Of Salat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.