Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,798 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

12 Sure Signs That You Are At A Naija Party. - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / 12 Sure Signs That You Are At A Naija Party. (829 Views)

Top 3 Naija Party Jams Released In Jan 2016 / 10 Signs That God Is Punishing You For Your Sins / 19 Sure Signs That You Are At A Naija Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Sure Signs That You Are At A Naija Party. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 23, 2007
1. Almost everyone arrives late hence the reference,'African time'.
2. You were given one invitation card but you invite 10 other friends.
3. People call the attention of those serving food by saying,'please we have not eaten in this area o!'
4. People go back to ask for more food and drinks.
5. Towards the end of the party you see people going into the kitchen helping themselves to take-away food and drinks.
6. More than two bouncers are found at the door to where food and drinks are kept.
7. People dance to 'Faze' or 'Obesere' music as if their lives depended on it.
8. You see people talking, as if they are in a fight about football or politics.
9. Most of the guys are frowning and cursing because fufu,semo or eba was not served.
10. Most of the guys are hanging around outside attending to 'business' with cellular phones.
11. You hear,'wetin sef? abeg make them bring food make i comot jo!'
12. The hall empties immediately after food and drinks have been served.
Re: 12 Sure Signs That You Are At A Naija Party. by osisi5: 10:10pm On Sep 23, 2007
fellis:

1. Almost everyone arrives late hence the reference,'African time'.
2. You were given one invitation card but you invite 10 other friends.
3. People call the attention of those serving food by saying,'please we have not eaten in this area o!'
4. People go back to ask for more food and drinks.
5. Towards the end of the party you see people going into the kitchen helping themselves to take-away food and drinks.
6. More than two bouncers are found at the door to where food and drinks are kept.
7. People dance to 'Faze' or 'Obesere' music as if their lives depended on it.
8. You see people talking, as if they are in a fight about football or politics.
9. Most of the guys are frowning and cursing because fufu,semo or eba was not served.
10. Most of the guys are hanging around outside attending to 'business' with cellular phones.
11. You hear,'wetin sef? abeg make them bring food make i comot jo!'
12. The hall empties immediately after food and drinks have been served.

the highlighted part doesn't obtain outside of Nigeria.
Re: 12 Sure Signs That You Are At A Naija Party. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 23, 2007
Re: 12 Sure Signs That You Are At A Naija Party. by osisi5: 10:43pm On Sep 23, 2007
fellis:

Oh it does. Especially number 12. I don't even know how many times I've seen it happen.

LOL.
Trust Nigerian men.
then some will be picking their teeth non stop fishing out the pieces of goat meat hiding in the nooks and crannies .

How about the loud ,deafening music?

people will be screaming on top of their lungs.
I love my country,I no go lie
Re: 12 Sure Signs That You Are At A Naija Party. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 23, 2007
I feel you jo. Naija is one seriously unique country. smiley
Re: 12 Sure Signs That You Are At A Naija Party. by ituen(m): 11:26pm On Sep 23, 2007
fellis:

Oh it does. Especially number 12. I don't even know how many times I've seen it happen.

u sure say u no follow do am especially no3
Re: 12 Sure Signs That You Are At A Naija Party. by Ndipe(m): 11:31pm On Sep 23, 2007
No. 6 is not applicable at a Nigerian party. I mean why hire a bouncer when our people are known for hospitality? It is only in African American parties that I heard bouncers are stationed at the fridge.

Ituen, abadie?
Re: 12 Sure Signs That You Are At A Naija Party. by ituen(m): 11:36pm On Sep 23, 2007
Nda,

Idiok ke. Even 4 ur villa, check well u sef don act as bouncer before for that small afang soup tongue and champions lager wey remain after wake keeping cool
Re: 12 Sure Signs That You Are At A Naija Party. by clemcykul(f): 2:57pm On Sep 24, 2007
yeah a typical nigerian party indeed where u see the ladies tryn to be americanized by all means grin grin grin
Re: 12 Sure Signs That You Are At A Naija Party. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2007
@ituen
ituen:

u sure say u no follow do am especially no3
grin What of if I follow do? Is it wrong to call attention for your food when you've not gotten it?
Re: 12 Sure Signs That You Are At A Naija Party. by RichDad1(m): 7:00pm On Sep 24, 2007
fellis:

@ituen grin What of if I follow do? Is it wrong to call attention for your food when you've not gotten it?

I wonder ooo  grin grin grin grin grin why i go come party and go back empty stomach ?God forbid  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: 12 Sure Signs That You Are At A Naija Party. by ituen(m): 9:59pm On Sep 24, 2007
Na wa oh, na because of food u go party. Make u no fall your hand one day

(1) (Reply)

Try It If U Can 5 / Fix This / Teacher And Pupil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.