Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Glo Free Sms, A Scam Or Not? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Free Sms, A Scam Or Not? (2253 Views)

Glo Free MB & Dubious Configurations / Mtn & Glo Free Call Codes / Glo Free Calls Wat A Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Free Sms, A Scam Or Not? by jmoore(m): 8:55pm On Nov 25, 2011
I checked my glo balance on my phone and after my balance was displayed, there was a text promo for free sms.
I decided to give it a trial but found out that the receiver have to pay 15 Naira to retrieve the message.

below is the format the the receiver gets on his or her phone

You have a message from 08051234567 requesting you to pay for the message.Please reply "YES to receive this message. Price N15"

If you ask me, I will say this is a scam!!!
Re: Glo Free Sms, A Scam Or Not? by LordReed(m): 10:50am On Nov 26, 2011
Its not a promo for free sms, its a promo to introduce receiver pays for sms. If you don't want it don't use it simple.
Re: Glo Free Sms, A Scam Or Not? by jmoore(m): 5:20pm On Nov 26, 2011
Lord_Reed:

Its not a promo for free sms, its a promo to introduce receiver pays for sms. If you don't want it don't use it simple.

So I do not understand english or what? I dialed #124# and I got this "YOUR PREPAID ACCOUNT BALANCE IS MAIN: Nxx.xx. SEND SMS 4FREE. Send your message to 1462 plus Glo number eg 146208051234678"

they said I should send sms for free, they did not say that the receiver will pay for it. It is a scam!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Glo Free Sms, A Scam Or Not? by aieromon(m): 9:59pm On Nov 27, 2011
Lord_Reed:

Do you mind telling us what message is displayed when you check your balance?

It states that you can send sms4 free but it doesn't tell the subscriber that the recipient will pay the service charge for receiving the text message.

What is advertised is different from their intentions.Rubbish angry
Re: Glo Free Sms, A Scam Or Not? by LordReed(m): 1:48am On Nov 28, 2011
Here is the full text of the service.

Re: Glo Free Sms, A Scam Or Not? by LordReed(m): 1:53am On Nov 28, 2011
Here's the full text regarding the service.

(1) (Reply)

MTN Blackberry Complete(monthly) NOW #800 / Download The Latest Whatsapp Messenger AKP Version 2.17.16 On Your Android Phone / Com.android.phone Stopped Working On Infinix Hot Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.