Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Nigerian Serial Killer. How Plausible? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigerian Serial Killer. How Plausible? (1249 Views)

Debt From Home. ( a killer's instinct) / The Killer Leggings / The Killer Is In My Net (A Thriller) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Serial Killer. How Plausible? by afroxyz: 8:47am On Nov 27, 2011
I am working on a fiction which tells the story of an enraged unemployed graduate who resorts to killing officials of organisation where he has been denied employment, not because he was not qualified but due to nepotisim, favouritism etc how wld the idea of a nigerian serial killer play out
Re: Nigerian Serial Killer. How Plausible? by adjain(m): 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2011
Personally, i have often wondered why there isn't much news about serial killers in nigeria. The nigerian serial killer has to have a nigerian feel, i'm sure you know that. Styling a nigerian serial killer after the contemporary american will just be transplanting. The problem with that is that transplants do not often survive the harsh terrain of foreign soil. All in all, though, i think it's a great idea.
Re: Nigerian Serial Killer. How Plausible? by afroxyz: 9:47pm On Nov 27, 2011
Tnx a lot. Yes the serial killer wld definetely have a nigerian feel. Am encouraged. Could you shed more light on making the character more realistic to the nigerian reader
Re: Nigerian Serial Killer. How Plausible? by adjain(m): 1:03pm On Nov 28, 2011
Well. Serial killers usually have a knack for getting their prey based on specific criteria. There's a book where someone thought he was jesus and ended up killing 12 people with the names me jesus' disciples. In the nigerian context, the execution of the killing should portray a rich firsthand grip of nigerian climate. The method of acquiring the prey should be plausible, considering nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Poetry: Why Don’t You Love Me? / Ebola A.k.a Ebonyi State Virus - short story / Today Is World Book And Copyright Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.