Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,140 members, 7,849,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:12 AM

Tell Me What You Think About This - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Tell Me What You Think About This (733 Views)

What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging / Product Prices Comparison Site For Nigeria: Prices.com.ng What Do You Think About It. / What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Me What You Think About This by georgen2u(m): 12:56pm On Nov 29, 2011
It took me about Six months to save money for VPS
Took me about About 4 months to developed and integrate
Please i will be happy and very much glad if you tell me what you think about this web site

http://www.afripals.com
one love
Re: Tell Me What You Think About This by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 29, 2011
6 months? Lemme start saving money to buy vps too - maybe 1 year sha.
Re: Tell Me What You Think About This by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2011
That validation e get as e be.
Re: Tell Me What You Think About This by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 29, 2011
All the up-and-down scrolling in the registration is pissing me off, lemme explain this once and for all.

If you wish to use ajax to load contents into a DIV, i mean different contents, what you do is that you calculate the maximum length of that div,
and you make use of css to stabilize the heigh. min-height for mozilla and height for I.E
So if you fix the height to say 700px - if the content is short, the div is like that and the browser does not scroll up and down.

I am reluctant to post any codes here because of the nairaland spam bot.

next, if you are going to use javascript - why allow an empty field to go the server in the first place?

It was not highlighted carefully that you must pick a country, you submit, browser scroll up and down, and it comes back and says fill country.

And i must warn you, you are risking hacking your captcha if you fail to refresh the captcha each time a wrong response is picked for a field.

I am not doing a vulnerability scan - but it appears you are not aware of the ways of hacking - and you do not think that is a risk.

Now you send a welcome message without including the link of your website? Is that ok?

Even if you are not going to do SEO - at least put a decent meta tag into the website.

This site depends too much on javascript. It is not too good for a site just coming up. Does it work on mobile device?

Disable javascript and load your home page or this link- http://signup.afripals.com/location.php

You submit the form, nothing happens. If you try the same with facebook, when the page reloads, it will tell you you need javascript to run the site.

I will signout at this point. I will just stop here.
Re: Tell Me What You Think About This by georgen2u(m): 4:54pm On Nov 29, 2011
That Was A great Review and i appreciate it. Keet it on i am now aware of the Flaws and iam Improving it now,
Re: Tell Me What You Think About This by georgen2u(m): 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2011
its done and everything is ok and should be working try again and for you to say you can hack? well i wonder how much it will take you to understand that session hijacking can only occure if my users didn't log out i have many back end hardening architecture
Re: Tell Me What You Think About This by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 29, 2011
The hacking i was saying before - was bots registering and spamming your registeration because it makes it easier to bypass the captcha.

The thing is - even if my site gets hacked - i will know it is a professional hacker - not someone that just picks a hacking book today and decides to use my site as testing-testing - and gbosa - the whole site scatter - and i start to run kaba-kaba!
Re: Tell Me What You Think About This by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 29, 2011
I have a lot of work to do now, at least i have contributed something and signed up. Let others do some stuffs too.
And please as payment for my review - try signing up on my developer's directory - www.developers..net

If you want me to do a more exclusive review - dusting it more thoroughly for free too - contact me via my site or anyhow.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Help Please!!! / Website Designer Needed / Anybody Wiith An Android Developer Account ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.