Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,715 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? - Music/Radio (472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? (1157066 Views)

What Are You Listening To Right Now? / What Are You Listening To Right Now? / What Are You Listening To Right Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (1215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by FOREXMARTS: 6:57am On Jun 13, 2015
coogar:

i would have to disagree with this.
RTD was everything - it was my favourite album that era. juicy & gimme the loot are 1/10th of the story.

"warning" nko? "the what" featuring method man? then you have....

•everyday struggle
•one more chance
•respect
•unbelievable
•ready to die(title track)

biggie's story telling was unique. he wasn't a lyricist or a classic poet like nas but he had this street vibe about him that had nuccas on the block feel relevant. he spoke about the struggle of the common man. you need to redownload RTD. you are not a hip-hop fan if you don't have RTD. cheesy

i'm listening to "gimme the loot" now with biggie robbing pregnant women off their baby rings & mom pendants. cheesy

Lol I am an audiophile, also a professional sound engineer, asides the fact that Bigie was unnecessary violent and dirty The sound quality was damn below par. Legends handled Nas's illmatic album. Illmatic didn't make platinum, RTD did. Sales ain't a criteria in My kind of hiphop. I still got RTD in my laptop just not on my phone. Don't be biassed lol you know RTD's production was poor and unnecessarily long. Illmatic was short always leaving me saying let's do it again.

Biggie is among the legends true dat but I will always put Nas'illmatic before RTD. 1994 is revered as the golden era of hip hop and 4 classic albums of that year were Dr. Dre's The chronic, Nas's Illmatic, Biggie's RTD and Snoop's debut album(with "the shiznit" as my favourite). Just my preference lol. Of all these albums RTD had the poorest production.
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 13, 2015
Years and Years -- Shine
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 13, 2015
Listening to Nas I can
damn, it's been a while since listened to it that I've almost forgotten how good it sounds✘
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) --- HillSong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nmeri17: 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2015
Flo Rida x Sia - wild ones
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by valmunich(m): 4:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
Coldplay--- Fix you

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by coogar: 6:48pm On Jun 13, 2015
FOREXMARTS:

Lol I am an audiophile, also a professional sound engineer, asides the fact that Bigie was unnecessary violent and dirty The sound quality was damn below par. Legends handled Nas's illmatic album. Illmatic didn't make platinum, RTD did. Sales ain't a criteria in My kind of hiphop. I still got RTD in my laptop just not on my phone. Don't be biassed lol you know RTD's production was poor and unnecessarily long. Illmatic was short always leaving me saying let's do it again.

the production wasn't poor - the street feel was deliberate. it was recorded in the same studio nas did illmatic. DJ premier blessed both albums. actually, it's the street feel that made it the most influential rap album in that era. biggie became the king of NY on the back of the success of that album & nas was nowhere to be found.

Biggie is among the legends true dat but I will always put Nas'illmatic before RTD. 1994 is revered as the golden era of hip hop and 4 classic albums of that year were Dr. Dre's The chronic, Nas's Illmatic, Biggie's RTD and Snoop's debut album(with "the shiznit" as my favourite). Just my preference lol. Of all these albums RTD had the poorest production.

RTD was a better album than illmatic.
illmatic was too short - it's the kinda album you just listen to & nod your head cos it's deep & highly intellectual.

RTD was just pure entertainment. it's a story book. the intro was about how biggie was born & the last track was how he committed suicide. it's a documentary of a drug dealer - alcoholism, sëx, drugs, robbery, etc. it had it all. biggie was more personal, nas used a 3rd person narrative in illmatic.

RTD>>>>>>>illmatic.
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by oluwawilliams(m): 7:34pm On Jun 13, 2015
STUDY IN UNIVERSITIES IN PHILIPPINE WITH LOW TUITION FEES NO JAMB, NO UTME. Seriously,why kill yourself over jamb while your mates got this information and are now studying in universities with international recognitions. Lots of countries in the world will invite you to study abroad which will be quit expensive and in most cases you've ignored,but have you ever considered the Philippines? Do you know at least 1 out of 10 doctors in the US studied in the Philippines? Do you know south Korea sends not less than a thousand students every month to study in Philippines?Aside from the international standard of teaching,the tuition fees in the Philippines is one of the cheapest you can find around the world. Most students in Philippines pays less than$500(#100,000)per section,which means with$2000(#400,000)you can complete a 4 years degree course. The amazing part of this is you don't need to hustle for admission all you need is your secondary school statement of result(WAEC).With your WAEC result or neco result you can gain admission to any school and course of your choice...below are some key steps you need to follow to become a student of Philippines 1, you need to submit the necessary document(waec result,photocopy of passport Bio page etc) to any school of your choice in the Philippines and pay the necessary charges for the school to process and send you an invitation letter.2, you will wait for about 5 working days to receive your invitation letter from the school through DHL.3, After you've received the invitation, you will prepare other documents for authentication and go get your visa at the Philippines embassy in your country.4, buy your fight ticket and its done. You will be guided on other processes on your arrival to the Philippines. NOTE :: no payment of tuition fees to any one until your arrival to the Philippines. Admission is sure,visa is sure...all am here to do is to guide you and give you information about the schools here. And there tuition fees.. for help about studying in Philippines do not hesitate to contact MR Tobi on +639477250322 Email: Tonioni2013@gmail.com Whatsapp:+639062418709 BBM: 569C2A60

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by kalifabreed(m): 8:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
56Bars - by Yunqblood you can also listen here. http:///DEUIwPEAMW

follow @yunqblood_kf on twitter

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Shymm3x: 3:01am On Jun 14, 2015
Dr Dre - keep their heads ringing

Joe ft Shaggy - Ghetto Child

Keith Murray ft Tyrese - nobody do it better

Styles P ft Akon - Can you believe it

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Aspiregreat: 7:10am On Jun 14, 2015
I've got my mind made up and I won't turn back
Because I want to see my Jesus someday.

Good bye world I stay no longer with you
Good bye pleasures of sin I stay no longer with you
I've made up my mind to go God's way the rest of my life
I've made up my mind to go God's way the rest of my life.

Born, born, born again thank God I'm born again.
I'm born of the water, the spirit and the blood thank God I'm born again.

I am under the rock say the rock is higher than I
Jehovah hides me I am under the rock
Go tell my enemy I am under the rock

Jehovah hides me I am under rock.

Jesus name so sweet Emmanuel name so sweet.
Jesus name so sweet Emmanuel name so sweet.
Every rock me rock upon Jesus, Jesus name so sweet,
Every rock me rock upon Jesus name so sweet

Oh I want to see him to look upon his face
There to sing forever of his saving grace
On the streets of glory let me lift my voice
All my cares are past home at last ever to rejoice.

Fire, fire, fire, fire fall on me.
Fire, fire, fire, fire fall on me on the day of pentecost
Fire fall on me on the day of pentecost fire fall on me

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Aspiregreat: 7:11am On Jun 14, 2015
Aprime:

One of my best......I could play that a million tomes...
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Aspiregreat: 7:12am On Jun 14, 2015
Aprime:

One of my best......I could play that a million times. kiss
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by FOREXMARTS: 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2015
coogar:

the production wasn't poor - the street feel was deliberate. it was recorded in the same studio nas did illmatic. DJ premier blessed both albums. actually, it's the street feel that made it the most influential rap album in that era. biggie became the king of NY on the back of the success of that album & nas was nowhere to be found.

RTD was a better album than illmatic.
illmatic was too short - it's the kinda album you just listen to & nod your head cos it's deep & highly intellectual.

RTD was just pure entertainment. it's a story book. the intro was about how biggie was born & the last track was how he committed suicide. it's a documentary of a drug dealer - alcoholism, sëx, drugs, robbery, etc. it had it all. biggie was more personal, nas used a 3rd person narrative in illmatic.

RTD>>>>>>>illmatic.

This debate has been on ever since both albums came out lol. I respect your opinion but disagree totally. Quoting you " cos it's deep & highly intellectual." That's what hip hop is about to me, deep and highly intellectual, get the listener to think. Don't forget hip hop sprung up from stand up poetry which were later accompanied by background music. Once again "Deep and intellectual". Just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 14, 2015
i saw someone wrote here that songs like "America, its time, etc are from Imagine dragons last album,

Noo, its not, those songs are from their album "Night visions", which was released in 2013,

they have another album released this year, its titled "Smokes and Mirrors"

it houses songs like gold, shot, i bet my life, etc

meanwhile, heres wat im rocking.

Maroon 5 : lost stars

Imagine Dragons : cha ching

imagine dragons : polaroid

cold play : All your friends

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Phlaser(m): 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
Wow... I'm making money while I sleep. Care to join me in the world of MAPs then chat me up on whatsapp via 08068677508. I promise you that you will sack your boss in no time.
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by xtiano4(m): 5:21pm On Jun 14, 2015
Devil in my veins - yelawolf
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by boynigeria(m): 6:39pm On Jun 14, 2015
listening to the album "Everything is 4" Jason Derulo is swear he's the best in RnB right now, he's just getting better each album
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by boynigeria(m): 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2015
valmunich:
Coldplay--- Fix you

my song when im feeling down
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by hensben(m): 6:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Shymm3x: 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2015
R. Kelly - Heaven I need a hug

R. Kelly - TP-2.com album
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by coogar: 10:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
FOREXMARTS:

This debate has been on ever since both albums came out lol. I respect your opinion but disagree totally. Quoting you " cos it's deep & highly intellectual." That's what hip hop is about to me, deep and highly intellectual, get the listener to think. Don't forget hip hop sprung up from stand up poetry which were later accompanied by background music. Once again "Deep and intellectual". Just my opinion.

i respect yours too.
those 2 albums were very great - it would depend on what the listener prefers. biggie made me laugh more - he had a complete package & it was value for money.

nas' album was short - although it was more straight to the point. no needless skits & fillers. i don't have any grudge against anyone that prefers illmatic.....it was very good - it's just that i love RTD more.
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Shymm3x: 11:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
Keith Murray - Hustle On

Cam'ron - I used to get it in Ohio

Jadakiss - Why
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by darmys(f): 10:39am On Jun 15, 2015
#Shakitibobo
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Alaroro(m): 4:44pm On Jun 15, 2015
why should I have a career in Radio

Nairaland I'm going OST currently and it's da bomb try an album of these

-Twisted nerves from killbill
-Who did that to you from django unchained
-You only live twice from You only live twice
-Live and let die from Live and let die
-Oh my love from Drive
-Dirty work from American hustle
-Yellow brick road from American hustle
-Evil ways from American hustle
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by elantraceey(f): 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2015
Kim walker- One and only
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by officialteemi(m): 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2015
taylor swirft ft kendrick lamar......BAD BLOOD
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Shymm3x: 5:41pm On Jun 15, 2015
officialteemi:
taylor swirft ft kendrick lamar......BAD BLOOD

My tune right here.

Anyway, have you taken time out to study the lyrics and the coded representation displayed in the video?
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Shymm3x: 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2015
Akon - Pot Of Gold
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by 9inches(m): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
Binchie:
Years and Years -- Shine
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by 9inches(m): 6:01pm On Jun 15, 2015
Major Lazer & DJ Snake ft. MØ - Lean On
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
High -- Zella Day(She sounds just like Lana Del Rey)

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (1215) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.