Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,538 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? - Music/Radio (581) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? (1158809 Views)

What Are You Listening To Right Now? / What Are You Listening To Right Now? / What Are You Listening To Right Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) ... (1215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by kingsilly(m): 8:23pm On Apr 13, 2016
cao:
Come Into My Head by Kimbra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eDQdYIqhbE

I SEE YOU wink
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by kingsilly(m): 8:23pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ciara::Dance like making Love

1 Share

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by kingsilly(m): 8:37pm On Apr 13, 2016
One thing :: Amerie

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 13, 2016
Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girlhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 13, 2016
Jason Derulo - Get Ugly smiley
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Richiy(f): 9:32pm On Apr 13, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Thanks dear cheesy

cry cry You naughty!!! grin
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by cao(f): 10:27pm On Apr 13, 2016
kingsilly:

I SEE YOU wink
You cheeky lil bugger.
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by obixcel(m): 11:22pm On Apr 13, 2016
Meghan Trainor - "NO" Beautiful song. It reminds me of the hit songs of d late 90s on to d early 2000s, sung by d likes of Aaliyah, Jojo etc. Nice tune and rhythm.

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by PunterTim(m): 1:48am On Apr 14, 2016
Flume - Stay Close
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by juman(m): 4:11am On Apr 14, 2016
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by cmaprts: 10:27am On Apr 14, 2016
Damadam mastiko lander.... hmm hmm....
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by RaeMystix: 4:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
P-square----Ifeoma.

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Baloguncred(m): 6:51pm On Apr 14, 2016
EnlightenedSoul:
Ali Kiba - Mwana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8lfg-3l5U&list=FLDSEGCqQuU1IWguGq2j-vQw&index=15

Nice song tho. I do enjoy bongo flava.

Care to listen to;
1. Unconditionally Bae - Sauti Sol X Ali Kiba
2. Sura Yako - Sauti Sol

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by SirShymexx: 7:12pm On Apr 14, 2016
Nmeri17:
grin grin
ahaha cheesy Now that's a lot! You've obviously had an appreciable number of enviable relationships. Why did I use to think you were the Nigerian pìmp ambassador to the UK Must have had something to do with your unknighted handle--all the talk about hitting on hoes and thirsty broads wink. Anyways, its nice meeting this homely part of you.

As for the songs you mentioned, well I can relate with a lot of those songs that were a fad during a relationship coming back to haunt you after the relationship is over. Especially in a Nigerian setting where an artiste innocently singing a song titled after his beau(maybe obianuju or Ifunanya), then you start recollecting some bad ass relationship you had with some Ifunanya chic 13 years back and before you know it, you're inconsolably reeling on the bare floor shedding hot tears.

So to avoid that, I promptly delete all songs that have anything to do with an old flame. Same reason I don't keep songs with fewer BPM on my phone except very few with a magnetic melody--one or two contemporary songs (Yanni), Dildø Dido etc and Flavor (on days he observes his own five minutes of sanity smiley). Life's too short jare. The only materials I jealously curate are pictures we took (only while smiling wink) and happy memories we shared; the only thing that usually survives all the lies told under the inebriation of youthful lusts grin. Come be like I dey convert music thread to romance. Shymexx bye bye! cheesy

Loool. Let the tears flow. grin

I watched Kobe Bryant play his last NBA game yesterday, in an emotional game, and I almost cried watching him. He's a part of my childhood, teenage years, and adulthood. 20 years of hard work, dedication, tears, sweat, and blood to his fans and it's like a part of me is gone. grin

I didn't cry though, but I think I wanna cry now cos it just dawned on me that I won't see Kobe Bryant on the basketball court again. I'll make this legendary MJ tune the soundtrack, as the tears flow. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAyKJAtDNCw
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by fulfillbill(m): 7:22pm On Apr 14, 2016
Lloyd Banks Ft. Avant --Karma
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by kingsilly(m): 7:54pm On Apr 14, 2016
All this one una dey do, you want us to be chading tyas now......@sirshymexx
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 14, 2016
Baloguncred:

Nice song tho. I do enjoy bongo flava.

Care to listen to;
1. Unconditionally Bae - Sauti Sol X Ali Kiba
2. Sura Yako - Sauti Sol

Are you a Kiswahili speaker?

Of the two you rec'd, I like the sounds of the second one, "Sura Yako". I'm ignorant of the different types and flavors of Kiswahili music, but I def enjoy some of the sounds of it, for sure. I've quite a few Bravenese friends (from Somalia), and their language (Chimwini) has Kiswahili influences, and sorta sounds like how they talk. They listen to Somali, Bravenese and Kiswahili music, so any what I hear and listen to of it is usually from them.

Like this one, from Tanzania, which I totally dig:

Offside Trick - Dege ft. Hammer Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXg6zhEDtK0

In this, a few of the people in the video, like the light male singer, the whack xylophoner @0:21, and blue shirt @0:42 actually look Bravenese.

Well, anyhow, thanks for the recs. If you have any other recs, or would like to demonstrate the different flavors, I'm totally open to it.

2 Likes

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by iamMayasky(m): 2:38am On Apr 15, 2016
Download Mixtape: Dj Mayasky (@iamMayasky) - Party On Fire www.street2fame.com/2016/04/mixtape-dj-mayasky-iammayasky-party-on.html?m=1
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by joey150(m): 6:17am On Apr 15, 2016
Nasty c x davido x casper nyovest - juice.
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Richiy(f): 9:54am On Apr 15, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Thanks dear cheesy

Somebody's ego is competing with the size of Olumo Rock. undecided undecided
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by cao(f): 6:34pm On Apr 15, 2016
Rey's Theme by John Williams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65As1V0vQDM
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Pdizzle(m): 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2016
cool

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 16, 2016
Panda Panda Panda Panda Panda Panda Panda
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nmeri17: 7:35pm On Apr 16, 2016
SirShymexx:

Loool. Let the tears flow. grin

I watched Kobe Bryant play his last NBA game yesterday, in an emotional game, and I almost cried watching him. He's a part of my childhood, teenage years, and adulthood. 20 years of hard work, dedication, tears, sweat, and blood to his fans and it's like a part of me is gone. grin

I didn't cry though, but I think I wanna cry now cos it just dawned on me that I won't see Kobe Bryant on the basketball court again. I'll make this legendary MJ tune the soundtrack, as the tears flow. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAyKJAtDNCw

really? LOL! I don't recall watching any Bball game beyond 3 minutes. That would subject me to enduring long ass guys slaloming around slippery floors in big ugly sleeveless vests and throwing balls with their hands like deficient toddlers.

The Kobe name does ring a bell though. He's more or less the most famous man in the sport. I think his retirement is quite early but that is cup of tea though. But if you ever run out of buckets to weep into, bro I'm always here smiley. My brother deals in plastics so I can help you with as many as will suffice. at no cost at all (what are friends for? wink)
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nmeri17: 7:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
Kanye West x Kid Cudi x Raekwon - Gorgeous
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 9:49pm On Apr 16, 2016
The Weekend ft Drake _ Live for.
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by GeniusDavid(m): 4:41am On Apr 17, 2016
Lukas Graham 7 years.
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 17, 2016
i love that My gospel

others are, dangerously and i wont tell a soul
Richiy:
Nine track mind album by Charlie Puth, with my favorites on repeat:

As you are
Marvin Gaye
My gospel
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 17, 2016
j. cole ft nas - let nas down (remix)
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2016
Good Sunday afternoon to all Nairalanders.....join me as I listen to Sauti Sol.....Relax!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHlus5Hn3h0
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by PunterTim(m): 7:06pm On Apr 17, 2016
1bkaye:
Panda Panda Panda Panda Panda Panda Panda
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) ... (1215) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.