Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

The Song Of songs. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Song Of songs. (1491 Views)

Song Of Solomon Not Part Of The Word Of God? / Some Facts About The Song "Amazing Grace" / Why Don't Pastors Preach From The Book Of Songs Of Solomon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 1:42pm On Nov 29, 2011
The first verse says,"the Song of songs,which is solomon's"Solomon wrote a thousand and five songs(1Kings4:32),this happens to be the best and the most precious one,consequently its called the "Song of songs".
The Song of songs describes a Christain spiritual fellowship with our Lord Jesus Christ after been saved.
A spiritual pursuit of He that dwelt in the "Holy of  Holies".
A pursuit after the"King of kings and the Lord of lords"(Rev19:16).
The Song of songs shows that we are a wife to the Lord,who is our Husband.
          YEARNING.(1:2-3).
Verse2 says"Let Him kiss me with the kisses of His mouth;for thy Love is better than wine".
She doesn't say who Him is because in her mind,there's only one "Him" who is our Lord Jesus Christ.
Every Christain have recieved the kiss of forgiveness,by the neck(Luke15:20),these kisses are not on the cheek,as were Judas's(Matt.26:49)nor are they on the feet,as were Mary's((Luke7:38).they were "kisses on the mouth" a sign of personal affection,she longs for a "kiss"which is personal expression of Love.
This inward urge is the begining of all spiritual progress.spiritual edification can't be separated from a pursuit thats based on hunger and thirst.
Our Lord said"Blessed are those who hungry and thirst for Righteousness;for shall be filled(Matt5:6) and in 1Cor1:30,says God has made Christ our Righteousness.
We(Christains) pursue because we have recieved a Revelation in our spirit by the Holy Spirit,because of the Revelation recieved by us we can proclaim"thy Love is better than wine".
Of everything that brings forth joy,elation,and excitment in our lifes under the sun,the Holy Spirit shows us that nothing can be compared to His Love.
Verse3;"Because of the savor of thy good ointment thy name is as ointment poured forth"
psalm45:7-8;says,Thou loves Righteousness and hated wickness;therefore God,Thy God,hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows,all thy garments smell of myrrh,and aloes and classi,out the ivory palaces,whereby Thy have made thee glad.
Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Anointed one,God has anointed Him with the Holy Spirit,He have recieved all kinds of ointment from the Holy Spirit,
"Thy name is as ointment poured forth"His name is an attraction toward us and by His name we are reminded that God has come forth and made His dwellings among us,
"Therefore do the virgins love Thee" because of Yourself(the ointment) and Your name(the ointment poured forth) all the Redeemed have loved you.
Re: The Song Of songs. by EvilBrain1(m): 7:47pm On Nov 29, 2011
OP should stop talking rubbish abeg. Song of Songs is all about love and sèx. It doesn't have jackshît to do with "a christian's spiritual fellowship with the Lord Jebus Christ".

You born-agains need to learn how to read.
Re: The Song Of songs. by tpia5: 5:52am On Nov 30, 2011
^^you're anti-religion yet always in religion section.

@ topic

songs of solomon applies to both Christ and the church, and on a more physical level between couples.
Re: The Song Of songs. by EvilBrain1(m): 9:37am On Nov 30, 2011
tpia@:

^^you're anti-religion yet always in religion section.

@ topic

songs of solomon applies to both Christ and the church, and on a more physical level between couples.

I'm not anti-religion, I'm anti-ignorance, anti-misrepresentation of facts and anti-religious-intolerance. Look at my posting history if you don't believe me.

I find it strange that a born-again like you is not bothered to see someone clearly twisting the scriptures. It's very annoying that so many religious people are unable to think objectively or read anything without projecting their preconcieved beliefs on it. That's why they magically start seeing Jesus in Song of Songs, a book whose meaning is as clear and unambiguous as it's possible to be. Its also why the more christians read the bible, the more ignorant they seem to become about what it actually says.

I'll say it again, you born-agains need to learn how to read.
Re: The Song Of songs. by Thelstan(m): 10:01am On Nov 30, 2011
Literally, the song of songs is a love song of the adventures of a woman, her lover and a king (Solomon) who also wanted her for himself.

But let's hear from the horse's mouth.

According to Jewish tradition in the Midrash and the Targum, the book is an allegory of God's love for the Children of Israel. In keeping with this understanding, it is read by Sephardic and Mizrahi Jews on Shabbat eve, to symbolize the love between the Jewish People and God that is also represented by Shabbat. Italian Jews read it on the eve of the first Yom Tov and Yom Tov Sheni of Passover, just before Arvit. Most traditional Jews also read the Song on Shabbat Chol HaMoed of Passover, or on the seventh day of the holiday, when the Song of the sea is also read.

The Jews who study and recite the book often tend to see deeper than the literal sense.

The name of the book ("The Song of Songs of Solomon"wink comes from a superscription: "The song of songs, which is Solomon's."

"Song of songs" is a Hebrew grammatical construction denoting the superlative; that is, the title attests to the greatness of the song, similar to "the lord of lords", "the king of kings" or "holy of holies" (used of the inner sanctuary of the Jerusalem temple).

Rabbi Akiba declared, "Heaven forbid that any man in Israel ever disputed that Song of Songs is holy. For the whole world is not worth the day on which Song of Songs was given to Israel, for all the Writings are holy and Song of Songs is holy of holies." (Mishnah Yadayim 3:5).

Similarly, Martin Luther called it das Hohelied (the high song). This is still its name in German, Danish, Swedish and in Dutch.

Those wey get the book talk say na the book holy pass, and dem dey read am often. Get your minds out of the gutter, guys  grin

All quotes from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_of_Songs
Re: The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 10:47am On Nov 30, 2011
PURSUIT and FELLOWSHIP.
In Verse4,She prayed saying;"Draw me,we will run after Thee".Although she desire to pursue after our Lord always,she  often feel a lack of strength for the pursuit.as she pray and worship Him,His Spirit within her becomes her drawing power inwardly,resulting to her pursuing power outwardly.the more He draws her,the easier it becomes for her to pursue Him.
"Draw me,'We' will run after Thee".as she recieve  Grace before Him,others will surely be affected by Him.
Verse4b;"The King hath brought me into His chambers" her previous prayer is being answered"the King hath brought me into His chambers"
the "chambers" are the "secret place"(Pslm91:1).unless we have personal friendship with a person,we won't bring him in our chambers(secret place),it signifies the begining of Fellowship and Revelation.others that are blessed through her Fellowship and Revelation in the chambers,proclaims;"we will be glad and rejoice in Thee,we will remember Thy Love more than wine,the upright love Thee".
"we will be glad and rejoice in Thee,we will remember Thy Love more than wine" others knew that since God has begun His work,He will surely complete it(Phil1:6).there present experience fills them with hope for the future.
"the upright love Thy"that is their love comes out of a good conscience(1Tim1:5).
Re: The Song Of songs. by tpia5: 12:21pm On Nov 30, 2011
@ evil brain

the song of solomon discusses love, not so?

Since you dont accept the reality of the spiritual love Christ has for his church, then why do you think you'd understand the love described in SOS?

Obviously you dont recognize anything beyond the physical. But sometimes that's only half the story.

Lets not derail the thread plz.
Re: The Song Of songs. by EvilBrain1(m): 2:29pm On Nov 30, 2011
tpia@:

@ evil brain

the song of solomon discusses love, not so?

Since you dont accept the reality of the spiritual love Christ has for his church, then why do you think you'd understand the love described in SOS?

Obviously you dont recognize anything beyond the physical. But sometimes that's only half the story.

Lets not derail the thread plz.

Oh so you're now resorting to that stûpid "hidden knowledge" argument? The one so much loved by freemasons and wahabi scholars? Abeg please!

The bible doesn't require any special revalation to understand. And even if it did, I was a full blown, bible believing, "spirit filled", tongue speaking, head shaking christian for half my life. And during that time I read SOS at least 4 times (it might have been more, I don't really remember) and I didn't see anything relating to Jesus in it. It's about love and sèx. It was probably used during marriage ceremonies.

It's prudes like you who think anything to do with sèx is "gutter thinking" that are trying to censor it by changing the meaning. You better stop decieving yourselves, and learn how to read.
Re: The Song Of songs. by tpia5: 9:32pm On Nov 30, 2011
^^i'm not going to argue this with you.

enjoy your projecting.

you sound like you're hurting- too bad you rejected Jesus.

anyway, i'm not God.

good luck.
Re: The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 10:16am On Dec 01, 2011
REVELATION in the inner Chambers(1:5-7).
Verse5,says,"I am black,but comely,O ye daughters of Jerusalem,as the tents of Kedar.as the curtains of Solomon"
"I am black" in His chambers she discovers her filthness(blackness),however she sees her acceptance by the King.hence she says"I am black,but comely"comeliness refers to her acceptance.
"O ye daughters of Jerusalem"some saved one's, "As the tents of Kedar,as the curtains of Solomon" Kedar means a dark chamber,"Curtains of Solomon"refers to inward beauty,in the chambers she sees her filthness,and the worldliness of people around her,the "Daughters of Jerusalem"are worldly,though they are saved.
Verse6;"Look not upon me,because i am black,because the sun hath looked upon me,my mothers children were angry with me,they made me keeper of the vineyard's,but mine own vineyard have i not kept"
"Look not upon me" she became ashamed of herself because of the Revelation recieved by her in the chambers,the Holy Spirit then gave her strenght to confess and testify before men under the"sun","I am black the sun hath looked upon me",and because of her confession her close relatives and friends became angry with her,for she have decided to keep her "own vineyard"(doing God's will in her life)and forsaking her former ways"keeper of the vinegards"
Verse7 says;"tell me,O thou whom  my soul loveth,where thou feedest,where thou makes the flock to rest at noon;for why should i be as one that turned aside by the flocks of thy companions" she asks 'Lord,why would You not tell me?why will i be lead astray"turned aside"for so long,all i ever needed is You,for You are my food"feedeth" and my perfection"rest at noon".
Re: The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 3:55pm On Dec 02, 2011
The King's Answer(1:cool.
:8says"If thou know not,O thou fairest among women,go thy way forth by the footsteps of the flock,and feed thy kids beside the shepherds tents".
"If thou know not"word of rebuke,'Dont you know' "O thou fairest among women" 'You that have recieved more Grace than others' as you have recieved from Me "Go thy way forth by the footsteps of the flock,and feed thy kids beside the shepherds tents". "the flock" is the Church,"thy kids" are young Christains, "shepherds"(plural) those under the Lord's training(she's not the only student), "tents"(plural) different meeting ground.
Her "kids" are "beside" the shepherds tents, the Lord intends that she secure a meeting ground for herself beside other shepherds tents and feed "thy kids".as she recieves from Him,while she pursures,her daily duties  mustn't be ignored(she must feed the younger believers).
Re: The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 11:46am On Dec 04, 2011
The Kings Praise and Promise(1:9-11).
:9-11,"I have compared thee,O my love,to a company of horses in Pharaoh's chariot's,thy cheeks, are comely with rows of jewels,thy neck with chains of gold.We will make thee borders of Gold with studs of Silver".
:9-10,describe the beauty  she possesses naturally,while verse11,describes God's work and the beauty that comes from God.these 3verses speaks of six things,
1, HORSES:horses are know for there strenght and swiftness."horses in Pharaohs chariots"signifies the best among all horses,spiritual speaking ,it denotes her natural strenght and swiftness.
2,CHEEKS;the beauty of a person is determined by the cheeks.
3,Rows of Jewels:her hair was braided on her cheek like "rows of jewels"denotes are natural goodness.
4,The NECK:"neck with chains of gold" signifies her natural gentleness,a neck without necklaces represents a stubborn neck.
5,Borders of GOLD:it takes considerable time to beat gold into borders,"WE" will make thee"Gen1:26,God said"let US make"God promise to replace her "rows of jewels" with "Border of GOLD"(God's Righteousness,Life,and Glory).
6,"Studs of Silver" Silver means Redemption,"studs of silver"that is standing on the Redemptive work  of the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 1:59pm On Dec 07, 2011
The indwell Christ(1:12-13).
    Verse12-13.
"While the King sitteth at His table,my spikenard sendeth forth the smell thereof,a bundle of myrrh is my well-belove unto me;He shall lie betwixt my breasts".
Verse12says"while the King sitteth at His table,my spiked senders forth the smell thereof". 1Kings4:22-23 pays special attention to Solomon's table."the King sitteth at the table" refers to her enjoyment of the Lord's riches.her feeding and enjoyment is only"while the King sitteth at His table" as she feeds and enjoys with the Lord,her "spikenard" spontaneously "sendeth forth the smell thereof"just as the the outpouring of the ointment of spikenard from the story of Mary(Jhn12).the more she feeds the better her consecration and praises unto Him.
Verse13,says:A bundle of myrrh is my well-belove unto me,He shall lie all night betwixt my breasts".
"myrrh"signifies Christ Crucified,after our Lords death Nicodemus anointed His body with myrrh(Jhn19:39)."A bundle of myrrh is my well-belove unto me"she's saying the Cross is been applied unto me.
"all night"silent period. "my breasts"refers to her faith and love,(1Thes5:8;But let us,who are of the day,be sober,putting on the  BREASTPLATE of FAITH and LOVE, 
"He shall lie all night betwixt my breasts"she's saying;though He is silent "all night"my faith and love in Him shall never slumber.
Re: The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 11:51am On Dec 09, 2011
Putting on the outward Christ(1:14).
Verse14,says"My beloved is unto me as a cluster of camphire in the vineyards of Engedi" "camphire" is henna,and it's used for fingernail dye."Engedi"is a town in the wilderness of Judah(Josh15:61-62).the meaning is "the fountain of the lamb",a place David took refuge when Saul was after his life(1Sam23:29,1Sam24:1). "the vineyards"(plural) ministries standing on the ground of the Church.
"My beloved is unto me as a cluster of camphire"Christ have become her outward adornment."In the vineyards of Engedi" through her ministries Christ is been confessed and testified outwardly to the world.

The Kings praise(1:15).
Verse15 says"Behold,thou art fair,my love,behold thou are fair;thou hast doves' eyes"
The purpose of the Lord's praise in verse15 is for encouragement.the first"thou are fair" encourages her,whereas the second "thou are fair"praises her eyes as been "doves eyes"Literally the eyes of doves denotes the beauty of her natural eyes,but spiritually,it undertones spiritual insight,because she have recieved Revelation,the King can praise her.
Re: The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 11:38pm On Dec 19, 2011
Her Response(1:16-2:1).
Verse16;says"Behold,thou are fair,my beloved,yea are pleasant;also our bed is green".
She praises the Lord,not only is He fair,but also pleasant in all His ways."Also our bed is green"psalm23:2;says He  makes me lie down in green pastures;He leads me to waters of rest"the table mentioned previously also has an element of rest.she had learnt how to feed,she must also be taught how to rest in the Lord."Green"grass signifies everything that is living,that have life and can serve as food,its also a resting ground after feeding.
Verse17;says"The beams of our house are cedar and our rafters of fir"cedar is a tall and strong tree,which signifies humanity filled with Glory,"Fir" is cypress used for ship building(Ezk27:5)and for musical instrumen(2Sam6:5).in Solomons temple,the chief kinds of wood are cedar and cypress."The beams of our house are cedar and our rafters of fir"our house is filled with your Glory(cedar),praise and worship(fir).
2:1says"i am the rose of Sharon,and the lily of the valleys".
"rose"is a kind of wild flower that grows in the land of Israel.this flower is considered a despicable plant in the land of Judea."sharon"is a plain land(1Chron5:16).
She acknowledges how despicable  she is in Sharon and a lily in the valleys,meaning she's un-worthy,that the Lord is her provision and her provider.
Re: The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 4:19pm On Dec 21, 2011
The Lord's reply(2:2).
Verse2 says"As the lily among thorns,so is my love among the daughters"
the Lord is saying she is indeed a lily,not in contrast to the valleys,but in contrast to the thorns.the "thorns"signifies that which grows out of the natural realm and did not come out as a result of sowing.this refers to there result of sin and the natural self.it is typified by the thorns in Matt13:7.the thorns in Hebrws6:8,signify the fruit that comes out of a person's own self-will,whose end is to be burnt. The "daughters" signifies those that live a sinful life as a result of been born of sin.
"As the lily among thorns ,so is my love among the daughter's"though she is surrounded by a sinful environment,the Lord is her source and her strenght.
Re: The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 4:19pm On Jan 09, 2012
HER PRAISE AND ENJOYMENT(2:3-4).
Verse3;says"As the apple tree among the trees of the wood,so is my Beloved among the son's.i sat down under His shadow with great delight,and His fruit was sweet to my taste".
"Apple tree among the trees" 'apple' here is likened to 'bergamot orange'its an evergreen plant and doesn't shed its leaves in winter.
"the son's refers to all the things that captures ones heart,everything that's desired(Gen3:6) and can be compared to ordinary trees.whereas the Lord is as tall as the trees in "the wood"which denotes forest,His overshadow never fails,because He is evergreen and provides shade all the time and also bears fruit;He is tall,overshadowing and fruitful.
"with great delight"she rejoices at His presence and also enjoys His accomplish work for her in His presence.because"His fruit was sweet"to her taste.(Rev10:10b;it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth).
Verse4 says;"He brought me to the banqueting house,and His banner over me is love".Revelation is given in the chambers mentioned in chapter1:4.whereas she enjoys His Finished work in "the banqueting house"in His presence.(banquet hall/house is where quests are entertained).
"His banner over me is love"this means that love is the unfurled standard.the whole matter relates to love.a banner shows what one does;its a motto.our banner is love,meaning everything they(she and the Lord) do is based on love.
Re: The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2012
HER PRAISE AND ENJOYMENT CONTINUES(2:5-6)
Verse5says,"Stay me with flagons,comfort me with apples:for i am sick with love".
The word "comfort" may be translated as "revive" to be sick of love is to be joyous to the point of exhaustion.the main point of the verse is a beckoning for moderation.it's good for her to be in His presence,but the experience of the saints of old shows that they were overwhelmed in His presence,they fell down as dead(Job42:5-6,Isaiah6:5,Deniel10:8-9,Habakkuk3:16,Peter;Luke5:8,John;Rev1:16-17). what she enjoys is more than she can handle.there is a measure to our capacity to enjoy the Lord.we have to ask the Lord to increase our capacity before we can enjoy more,an earthen vessel does not have enough capacity;there's a need to recieve more strength from the Lord to increase our capacity for enjoyment.
Verse6,says"His left hand is under my my head,and His right hand doth embrace me".
"His left hand is under my head" this means He is lifting her head to behold Him.the most natural position to embrace some is to embrace with the right hand.the emphasis is on the Protection and Support of love;Psalm91:14,says"Because he loves me" says the Lord, "I will Rescue him;I will Protect him,for he acknowledges my name.
It's not on the support of strenght,but the support of intimacy.in other words,after one has enjoyed the Lord's love,there is still the need for the support of His grace.
Re: The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 5:30pm On Jan 30, 2012
THE LORD's CHARGE(2:7).
Verse7 says"I charge you,O ye daughters of Jerusalem,by the roes,and by the hinds of the field,that ye stir not up,nor awake My love,till he please".
Some translation uses "gazelles" instead of "roe" and the word "he" should be in the feminine gender. "I charge you" this is in the imperative mood;it is the tone of a King.The "Daughters of Jerusalem"  here implies to nominal Christains,that loves excitement and meddling with many outward things.therefore,the Lord tells them not to stir up her love.
Roes and Hinds are by nature animals that are easily stirred up.The King gives this charge because she have become sick of love(2:5).there is no need to stir her up anymore;she can pause a  little while,she's in the Lord's hand,there's no need for others to arouse her.if others try to meddle with her affairs,it will not help her.instead,it will only stir her up.she must rest for a while and wait for this period to end before she engages in a second pursuit."that ye stir not up,nor awake my love"they(daughters of Jerusalem) should wait for her to rise by herself.they shouldn't think  she's too soulish and needs help.its part of her training.its where her lessons have brought her,and there should be a pause.for love has reached its climax,the Lord is present;therefore,she is still(Hab2:20).He will rest in His love(Zeph3:17).meaning He will love her in repose.
Re: The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 3:55pm On Feb 18, 2012
THE POWER OF RESURRECTION(2:8-9).
Verse8 says,"The voice of my belove!behold,He cometh leaping upon the mountains,skipping upon the hills".
"The voice of my belove" she rejoices at the Voice of her beloved,because she loves the joy of His presence.since she already has an intimate relationship with the Lord,it becomes easy for her to recognize His Voice;MY SHEEP HEAR MY VOICE AND I KNOW THEM,AND THEY FOLLOW ME(JHN10:27).in the Bible  both mountains and hills  refer to barriers."He cometh leaping upon the mountains,skipping upon the hills"meaning that nothing is too high or too great to stop Him.
Her Lord is the Lord of Resurrection.Christ has Resurrected;He has overcome all difficulties and barriers.difficulties and barriers are things of yesterday.He is living in the next day.the mintute He leaps all difficulties and barriers are beneath His feet.in verse 8, the Lord manifests His Resurrection power,and speaks to her in a living way.she didn't know of such things in her previous experience with the Lord.she ran before,but she did not know what it was like to leap upon the mountains and skip upon the hills.in order to teach her the lesson,the Lord calls her.since she can easliy recognize His voice.
Re: The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 11:56am On Feb 20, 2012
THE POWER OF RESURRECTION(2:9).
Verse9,says"My beloved is like a roe or a young hart:behold,He standeth behind our wall,He looketh forth at the windows,showing Himself through the lattice"
Both Darby's translation and the margin of American Standard V.render "roe" as "gazelle",and Darby's New Translation use "a young hart"
The Lord is associated with a hart in the heading to psalm22,where there is the expression "the hind of the dawn"(RSV) or "the hind of the morning"(ASV,margin).
Which refers to the morning of the first day of the week,when Christ resurrected.Morning is the begining of another day,while Resurrection is the begining of a new day.it is the starting point of a person's spiritual life,which is signified by a new day.
"behold He standeth behind our wall" a "wall" exists between her and the Lord.the wall encloses her,and keeps the Lord out.yet,she does not see anything wrong with the wall.as a result,she does'nt say "my wall" but "our wall".she intends for that  wall to enclose herself and the Lord and keep the World and everything else out.then she would have fellowship with the Lord and rest in Him and live happily within the wall.she would be able to find the Lord within her heart all the time,and she could ignore circumstances,persons,brethre,her daily duties and many trials.she only knows the sweetness of fellowship,but does'nt know the power of work and the fierceness of warfare.there is only the thought of making three tents on the mountain(Matt17:4),and no thought is given to the mass of sinners at the base of the mountain.
She needs to learn to let go of the Lord within and allow Him to lead her out.she should not try to hold on the Lord with her own strenght,but she should allow Him to lead her on.she should learn to trust in the Lord's Word and to follow by exercising her Faith to leap over the mountains and skip over the hills.she should learn to live by something other than just feeling of the Lord's presence.
The "wall" is the wall of her introspection.it causes her to miss the Lord.but Thank the Lord,for He has set apart "windows" and "lattices" for Himself for her to see through.
The Lord is trying to deliver her out of this condition,He is teaching her to realize that His presence can be found under any circumstance;there is no need to look for Him only within herself.she should learn to know Christ more from the environment than from within.for He is omnipresent.
Re: The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 9:46am On Feb 22, 2012
THE RICHES OF RESURRECTION(2:10-11).
Verse 10th says"My beloved spake,and said unto me,Rise up,my love,my fair one,and come away".
Verse 11 says,"For,Lo,the winter is past,the rain is over and gone".
The Lord speaks very clearly here;He wants her to "Rise up"and "Come away".this does not mean that inward experiences are wrong.if they are wrong He would  not have given them to her.but if she continued in this way,she would not be able to contact the outside;the minute she contacted the outside,she  would seem to lose her peace.Therefore,she has to seek for His mountain-leaping,hill-skipping presence.Madame Guyon said,"Once His presence was a question of time and place,when we can trust that the Lord's presence is within us wherever we are,we will not be deceived by our inward feelings".
Since the Lord is calling her to come away with Him,He speaks of His past experiences and the present facts."the winter is past",winter is a time of dryness,coolness,lack of growth,and testing.during the first part of her experience,the Lord brought her through these things.it seems as if the Lord has clearly brought her out of all the testings,coldness,dryness and apparent deafness.with His undeniable presence,the Lord has driven "WINTER" away without her even being conscious of it.
"The rain" is not the spring rain,but the winter rain.it is the rain that chills and turns into snow.the winter rain keeps her inside the house and stops her from doing anymore.Hence,the rain refers to trials(Gen6-7,Matt7:25-27).the Lord tells her that many trials are behind her as a result of His presence.the passing of the winter rain indicates two things(1)the presence crosses,that is,the trials,are over,and (2)the Lord's Cross is over,that is,the work of His Cross is accomplished,and she should not dwell constantly on His  death,for He has risen.
Re: The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 9:48am On Feb 23, 2012
THE RICHES OF RESURRECTION(2:12-13).
Verses 12 and 13 says,"The flowers appear on the earth;the time of the singing of birds is come,and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;the fig tree putteth forth her green figs,and the vines with the grape give a good smell.Arise,my love,my fair one,and come away".
The Lord wants her to stand on the ground of Resurrection.after a time of death,spring,the time of Resurrection,is here.these verses tells her that she should understand her position in Resurrection.both verses describe the condition of Resurrection;they speak of spring after winter.if spring is mentioned without first mentioning winter,it means that there is only life without Resurrection.but when spring is mentioned after winter,it indicates Resurrection.the Lord shows her all the things that are in Resurrection,so that she will no longer pay attention to the dead,cold,dry,and wilted winter.
"Flowers" signify the adornment of beauty,and "birds" signify the sound of singing.the flower are manifested on the earth,and the birds sing in the air.flowers speak of art,and birds speak of music.according to Matthew 6,both flowers and birds are under God's special care.God cares for them so much that they can sing and show forth their beauty.
"The voice of the turtle" is the sound of praise and love-call in the land.
"The fig tree putteth forth, "these figs are winter figs they signify fruit that still remain after passing through death.this fruit has passed through the Cross and has been test,,but it still remains.
"The vines are in blossom;they give forth fragrance"(RSV)the vine are just blossoming;this is in the present tense.this means the situation is full of the hope of fruit-bearing and that the fruit-bearing is certain.no one see vine blossoms;before the flowers have time to exhibit themselves,they have turned into fruit already.other blossoms may not consummate in fruit.but when the vine blossoms,it will surely bring forth fruit.(Jhn15:5).this is the position of Resurrection.everything that is dead is over,and the future is full of assurance.
The Lord uses the Riches of Resurrection to persuade her to come forth.she should not care just for the happiness in her feelings;she should experience the power of Resurrection.this is not the time to be passive;this is the time to be aggressive,to come forth,and to show forth His life to the World!.
Re: The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 2:52pm On Feb 24, 2012
THE CALL OF THE CROSS(2:14).
Verse 14 says,"O my dove,that art in the cleft of the rock,in the secret places of the stairs,let me see thy countenance,let me hear thy voice;for sweet is thy voice,and thy countenance is comely."
formerly she was only described as having the eyes of a dove.now she is describe as a "dove" itself.the Lord calls her according to the position she's about to attain.if she hides "in the cleft of the rock and in the secret places of the stairs"she will truly live in the Spirit.
"the cleft of the rock"signifies the Cross.the line of thought here indicates that she has not understood the Cross deeply enough.the Lord is speaking to her again in a poetic way,that the power and riches in Resurrection that have been describe must be lived out through a pattern.first there is the power of Resurrection,then there is the conformation to His death.
Phlippns3:10says:"i want to know Christ and the power of His Resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings,becoming like Him in His death."which matches the Song of songs 2:8-14.the Cross that is describe here is subjective and experimental.
"Let me see thy countenance,let me here thy voice"the countenance is what man sees,the voice is what he hears.both countenance and voice are found in the cleft of the rock and the secret places of the stairs.the emphasis here is on oneness(union)with the Cross.for the Cross of Christ to become her Cross.
She should pass through the Cross so that the Lord's Cross will becomes her Cross.but inorder for the Cross of Christ to be all that others see and hear from her,there is a need for her to first know the Resurrection of Christ.only that which passes through the the Cross constitutes Resurrection.
"For sweet is thy voice,and thy countenance is comely"the voice denotes prayer as well as praise(Mal3:16).
These does not refer to the natural sweetness and comeliness of her voice and countenance.rather,it describe the sweetness and comeliness that she has when she is in the cleft of the rock and the secret places of the stairs.
"the secret places" indicates complete enclosure,hence,it signifies completion.
"The secret places of the stairs" should be refer to the place of ascension,(Col3:3-4,says;for you died,and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.when Christ,who is your life appears,then you also will appear with Him in glory.).
As She is being dealt with daily by the Cross and,at the same time,she is giving up the Adamic elements in her,by not striving for the Resurrection life;rather,by losing more of her Adamic life.she have everything that issues from the Resurrection life already.but at the same time,she still have many things belonging to Adam.hence,the matter today is not how much she gain,but how much she LOSE.
Re: The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 4:07pm On Feb 26, 2012
THE REMOVAL OF HINDRANCES(2:15).
Verse 15 says"Take us the foxes,the little foxes,that spoil the vines:for our vines have tender grapes".
The "us"here is the same as the "our" in 2:12."Take us the foxes" is in imperative mood.the foxes always take away the fruit,whereas "the little foxes" break the branches whenever they can.the foxes only want the fruit and there is still a possibility of fruit-bearing.but the little foxes make it impossible to bear fruit.if she don't pay attention to the matters of life of the Cross before Resurrection and the experience of Ascension after Resurrection,everything will be spoiled by the little foxes.
"For our vines have tender grapes" this means that the state of perfection has not been reached.the manifestation of Resurrection is just the begining,and the experience of Ascension is just begining.if she is not careful,the foxes can come and spoil them.
"the little foxes" are her natural habits and introspection.they may not be big sins.but a little folly can spoil wisdom and honor(Eccl10:1).the little foxes are hiding behind the vines.if she's not careful,the vines will be destroyed.
These little foxes can hinder her from bearing fruit.if the Resurrection life is not well established,there is need to guard against the little foxes.
She can't deal with the small problems(the little foxes) alone.neither can they be dealt with by the Lord alone.
They have to be dealt with through her cooperation with the Lord.
Re: The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 3:09am On May 11, 2012
FAILURE AND RECOVERY(2:16).
Verse 16 says"My beloved is mine,and i am His:He feedeth among the lilies"
After she has seen the King's attitude,heard His calling,and apprehended the complete union,she answers in this way.she turns back to review herpes experience.one thing has satisfied her heart-'Her belove is hers'.she is already clear that her belove is hers,and she also knows that she belongs to her beloved "And i am His".
"He feedeth among the lilies" Although the matter of work is touched here,the emphasis is not on the way the Lord deals with the flock,but on the relationship between the Lord and the lilies."the lilies" are those who have a pure conscience.planted by the Lord Himself,and they are the Lord's own work.(in the heading to Psalm45 there are the words,"upon Shoshannim" which means "set to the lilies"winkthe Lord is feeding the flock among a group of people.He implies that we are the liles and that He is feeding us.as long as we have the Lord,we are satisfied.here she pays attention to what He is to her.however,her words do not answer the Lord's question...
Re: The Song Of songs. by Callotti: 10:37pm On May 11, 2012
Here is mine. . . Sorry, not a 'religious BUSH-WHACKER'! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJoGv5NRiOA
Re: The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 5:36pm On May 15, 2012
FAILURE AND RECOVERY.2:17.
Verse17 says,"Until the day break,and the shadows flee away,turn, my beloved,and be thou like a roe or a young hart upon the mountains of Bether".
By saying this,she recognizes the existence of "the shadows" in a disguised way,she knows that she has not been fully joined with the Lord.she ask the Lord to wait until the shadows flee away.she is looking for the day to break.the word "turn" on the one hand,shows her inability to hear the Beloved's call and to rise up and follow Him,and on the other hand,it shows her desire for the Lord's presence(she wants Him to be with her on her own terms WITHIN THE WALL) she is seeking after pleasure in her feeling,and she is reluctant to participate in any activity in Resurrection.she asked the Lord to "turn" as fast as "a roe or a young hart upon the mountains of Bether"(the hindrance of separation between them)so He can always be with her behind the hindrance.but the Lord's way of training her is to take away her inner feelings of His presence when she cannot carry this presence to the environment in the world(if we cannot secure Christ's presence in our environment,we cannot secure it in our feeling's for long)she thinks that she can embrace the Lord between her bre**ts all night long,just like she did before..in chpter1:13.little does she realize that the Lord has left in the night.
The Lord takes away her cherished feelings so that she will lose her feelings of His presence(though not in fact).This is for the purpose of drawing her to seek after the Lord in OUTWARD THINGS.This is the first time she is attracted to turn outward.
Re: The Song Of songs. by ichuka(m): 9:12am On May 18, 2012
FAILURE AND RECOVERY..3:1.
Verse3:1 says,"By night on my bed i sought Him whom my soul loveth:i sought Him,but found Him not"
Her Beloved seems to have hidden Himself.this is something unexpected of her.the purpose of the Lord is to utilize her desire for fellowship in her feeling to attract her so that she WOULD GAIN WHAT SHE SHOULD GAIN.because she has lost the feeling of His presence,she thinks that she has lost the Lord.she does not yet have the knowledge or experience.Hence,she is foolish;she does not understand the Lord's intention.she seeks for the One whom her soul loves.she thinks that she is seeking for Him,not realizing that she is actually seeking for the FEELING OF HIS PRESENCE.her seeking is Genuine,but she does not realize that the object which she seeks and fails to find is not the real thing.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Who In The Bible: Adam The First Man / Heart Touching Story ++faith In Allah++ / Happy Raksha Bandhan Greeting Cards For Brothers/sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.