Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,326 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Naija Boarding Schools: - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Naija Boarding Schools: (771 Views)

Boarding Schools And Lesbianism / Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools / Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Naija Boarding Schools: by monie0078(f): 5:29am On Sep 25, 2007
Ok so here's the thing. I attended boarding school in Nigeria from 1990 to 1995. It was an awesome experience, and even though I hated it at the time, I wouldn't trade those years for anything, I haven't been home in quite a while. When I do go, I fully intend to go back to my school (Lagos State Model College) to check it out, Anyway, being that I graduated so freaking long ago, I'm well aware of how different things are today. I was wondering though if anyone can help answer some (if not all) of these questions,

1. What are boarding schools like today? Do students still have to take provisions and what not to school? If yes, is Cabin still popular? lol,
2. Do most schools have running water now?
3. Is the whole 'Senior/Junior' relationship still what it was those years? As in that do they still hate each other, and do the seniors still punish like it's going out of style?
4. Are you still allowed to hit your juniors?
5. Are all female students still required to have the same hairstyle?
6. Are cell phones allowed in school?

Now these questions might seem straight dumb to a bunch of you, but I'm truly curious, Don't ask why these thoughts popped in my head, I don't know, I was talking with a friend of mine and we started reminiscing, Next thing you know, I'm wondering, :-)

Well, that's it, Help out if you can.

Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

What Online Service Will Nigerian Students Pay For / What Do U Think About National Open University Of Nigeria / Is Oau Ppost Ume Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.