Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,113 members, 7,953,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:41 PM

Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola (5920 Views)

Demolition Of Structures Ongoing At Opobo-Junction, Aba (Photos) / See The Massive Houses Reportedly Marked For Demolition By Kaduna State Govt (pi / Expensive Property Marked For Demolition In Kaduna (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by ceomike(m): 3:26am On Nov 30, 2011
Fashola Orders Demolition Of Churches, Houses Inside Birch Freeman School

No fewer than three churches and some houses that are illegally erected inside Birch Freeman High School, Surulere, Lagos, have been marked for demolition by the state government, while occupants have been served with a quit notice.

The state governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola, gave the directive on Tuesday, while presenting a new block of 21 classrooms to the school.

Fashola, who was angry to see his alma mater disfigured with illegal structures, said that the development would see the demolition of the Peace of God Mission Church building, as well as houses which had sprung up within the  premises of the school.

He said: “Let me use this opportunity to notify all squatters or occupiers of the land that belongs to Birth Freeman High School that the trespass ends today and your relocation must start henceforth, as I intend working with the Old Boys Association to reclaim and return back to the school every inch of land that used to belong to her.”

He said he would stop at nothing to ensure that every inch of land belonging to the school and lost to encroachers would be recovered.

According to him, the drainage work required to solve the constant flood encroachment during rainy seasons would necessitate the need to recover the land initially owned by the school.

Speaking on the new classrooms, Fashola said it was borne out of the infrastructure decay that had hit the school, which formed his character as well as the leadership and punctuality values he exhibits today.

http://www.nigerians.com.ng
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/32058-fashola-orders-demolition-of-churches-houses-inside-birch-freeman-school
Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by babaowo: 12:55pm On Nov 30, 2011
action MAN BRF,carry go joor!!!
Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by babyboy3(m): 1:04pm On Nov 30, 2011
I Attended Eko Boys which was a stone throw away from Birch Freeman, occasionally I walk through the school to get across to Surulere,

They were no churches there in the 80's at best a may be a school chapel for students
Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by Chisom212: 1:04pm On Nov 30, 2011
Good!

Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by mykoi55: 1:27pm On Nov 30, 2011
BRAVO!! BRF, He should try and extend and redirect his search light to other schools that are facing similar treats from encroachments and are not privileged to a BRF as an old boy. As the saying goes "what is good for goose is also good for the gander".
Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2011
I'm a Christian but if the managements of these churches erected their buildings against the laws of the state, then the government had to do what they had to do. Although, this policy must be effected on all other religious sect that may be breaking one regulation or the other.
Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by scopusng(m): 1:44pm On Nov 30, 2011
Mtcheeeee, wetin concern me? Abeg, make i go watch under 23 match against Senegal.
Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by dustydee: 1:50pm On Nov 30, 2011
Country where people just wake up and start building without regard for any law.
Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by araba1(m): 2:13pm On Nov 30, 2011
the same thing is happening in my own school aladura comprehensive high school anthony all the land has been sold and mansion are now there
Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by femi4: 2:15pm On Nov 30, 2011
scopusng:

Mtcheeeee, wetin concern me? Abeg, make i go watch under 23 match against Senegal.
i guess na replay you wan go watch cos the match was played yesterday
Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by BabaO2: 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2011
I'm a Christian but if the managements of these churches erected their buildings against the laws of the state, then the government had to do what they had to do. Although, this policy must be effected on all other religious sect that may be breaking one regulation or the other.
Good talk and good enforcement by Fashola, but one wonders why is so difficult for Fashola to pull down or shut mosques that are flagrantly breaking the law of the state by erecting their loud speakers outside and ontop of their mosques and thereby constituting nuisance to the peace of the environment. At least the law says those speakers must be kept inside not outside.
Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by sugardaddy1(m): 2:59pm On Nov 30, 2011
colomb:

What has being a Christian got to do with the issue at hand? Mscheew
Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by r231(m): 3:16pm On Nov 30, 2011
baby-boy:

I Attended Eko Boys which was a stone throw away from Birch Freeman, occasionally I walk through the school to get across to Surulere,

They were no churches there in the 80's at best a may be a school chapel for students

what yr
Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by babyboy3(m): 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2011
what yr

1983 - 1988 we are not the same set

A-L-A-D-E-G-B-A-***********
Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by r231(m): 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2011
baby-boy:

1983 - 1988 we are not the same set

A-L-A-D-E-G-B-A-***********

yes
Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by Sike(m): 4:33pm On Nov 30, 2011
Whatever!
Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2011
Talk the talk
Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by eros(m): 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2011
He gets some things right, then get others very, very wrong. Great job all the same. We would rather have you as our President, than the Dumbo we have now.
Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by palma(f): 12:05am On Dec 01, 2011
@ Baba_O, the churches are also guilty of that. I know of a church around maryland side or so, i have never seen the church but when am in the car i could clearly hear every tiny bits of their sermon. So almost all churches and mosques are guilty!
Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by Tunjman(m): 8:40am On Dec 01, 2011
The present environment of the school is truly an eyesore compare to what we used to have in the 90s, I think it's a nice move by BRF!

Birch Freeman, Trained for duty and for thee!
Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by joselekas(m): 9:49am On Dec 01, 2011
I attended the school between 1997-2003 and I can categorically say that the school was then an eyesore. Thanks to the effort of BRF, there has been major infrastructural face lift in the last few years. I am sure the old boys association have been putting a lot of pressure on BRF. My question is what happens to other public schools worst than BFHS?
Re: Churches & Houses In Birch Freeman Sch Marked For Demolition By Fashola by GboyegaD(m): 10:54pm On Dec 01, 2011
joselekas:

I attended the school between 1997-2003 and I can categorically say that the school was then an eyesore. Thanks to the effort of BRF, there has been major infrastructural face lift in the last few years. I am sure the old boys association have been putting a lot of pressure on BRF. My question is what happens to other public schools worst than BFHS?

The sincere question!!!

(1) (Reply)

Building Student Hostel Vs Regular Apartments / Know Abuja Today (the Model City) And Get Your Property / Construction Of A Proposed Office Building and Car Wash In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.