Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:43 AM

Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker (7582 Views)

2012/2013 May/june NABTEB Exam Time- Table / NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide / What Are The Requirement Needed 4 Writing Nabteb Exam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by Babasessy(m): 3:16am On Dec 02, 2011
Rep in exam scandal
• As PA writes NABTEB exam for lawmaker

Eagle-eyed men of Abia State Criminal Investigation Department (CID) have arrested one Chetachi Obi , the Personal Assistant (PA) to a member representing the state at the National Assembly, (names withheld) for alleged examination fraud.

Obi was arrested with another woman suspected to be the invigilator for allegedly sitting for the current Nov/Dec NABTEB examination for her boss.
Obi and the invigilator were arrested at Unique Comprehensive High School , Isuochi following a tip-off from those who have observed that Obi had been writing the examination daily since it started on November 10.
Obi , who has been coming to the exam hall in her private Volkswagen Golf car, was arrested and her car impounded and parked at Isuochi police station.
She was arrested yesterday while she was sitting for Mathematics, in connivance with the invigilator.

A source said detectives had laid siege for Obi , When the police got to Umunneochi in a white Mercedes Benz salon car, marked , KADUNA AE 378 KGK, they reported at the police station as men who are on surveillance.
“Unknown to Obi that danger was lurking inside the school , she drove into the school in her Golf car as usual , and sat down for the day’s business. Not quite five minutes into the exercise, the detectives arrested her.
Speaking to Daily Sun on the matter, the Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP), for the state CID, Mr Joseph MicLoth, confirmed the arrests, stating that he was yet to be briefed on the matter and he would in turn brief his boss, the commissioner, before investigation continues.

“The matter was reported to me and I detailed my men for the arrest. It is true that they have been arrested , but we have been on a meeting since morning. Now that I am back to the office, they will come and brief me and I in turn will go and brief my boss, the state Commissioner of Police. There is nothing else I can tell you gentlemen now”, MicLoth said. Details of the examination are as follows. Exam: NABTEB., Centre: Unique Comprehensive High School, Isuochi.,Year of Examination: Nov./Dec, 20011., Centre Code: 01060., Candidate’s No: 01060085., Name of Candidate: (Rep’s name withheld by us). The picture of the honorable member is also attached to her examination card, showing that she was the one that entered for the examination , but ironically , her PA, Chetachi Obi was the one that had been sitting for the exams for her since the exercise started.

Our investigation shows that the lawmaker, who is a committee chairman, presented a diploma certificate and Masters degree to the National Assembly as her qualifications. One wonders what she would be doing with a NABTEB Certificate if her claim is true. The suspects who are being held at the state CID are yet to make statements , a police source said , as Daily Sun observed that a particular man was following the Investigating Police Officer (IPO) in charge of the case, probably in an effort to settle the matter out of the official process.

After several attempts to get the lawmaker on her mobile phone when she finally picked up her call at about 7 pm last night, she claimed that it was a wrong number. Before she said it was wrong number, she had demanded for the reasons for the call and she was duly informed. She also asked for the name of the town where the test took place and she was told the examination held at a town called Isuochi in Abia State.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/dec/02/national-02-12-2011-001.html
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by Nobody: 4:02am On Dec 02, 2011
This is why I cant trust any Nigerian doctor.

They sabi fake certificates.

PS: This is why our present laws/ regulations are so backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkward.
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by okosodo: 5:58am On Dec 02, 2011
It happens everyday
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by jamace(m): 6:41am On Dec 02, 2011
Why not say the name of the REP but mentioned the PA.s name? So, our newspapers also trample on the poor and are afraid of the big thieves? sad sad sad
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 02, 2011
Ibos and crime. . . .fake people with cheap minds.who knows how many of our nL ibos carry fake waec results sef ?
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by TenKobo1: 10:56am On Dec 02, 2011
It's not a new thing in Nigeria, in fact i suspect this deal went sour because the lawmaker has sinned against his excellency or some mini-excellency somewhere, Check very well.
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by MyJoe: 11:14am On Dec 02, 2011
jamace:

Why not say the name of the REP but mentioned the PA.s name? So, our newspapers also trample on the poor and are afraid of the big thieves? sad sad sad
Exactly. Someone should find out the name and post it here forthwith.
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by kassano22(m): 11:15am On Dec 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Ibos and crime. . . .fake people with cheap minds.who knows how many of our nL ibos carry fake waec results sef ?
and who taught them forgery if not the yorubas the who are the epitome of crime and personification of fogery.Rubbish
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by marocguy(m): 11:16am On Dec 02, 2011
dats wot u get wen we allow touts lead our politics, since we chose to sit n complain on the internet rather than join and change the system.
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by sugar001(f): 11:16am On Dec 02, 2011
Why should the name be withheld? Rubbish!
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by Chiori(m): 11:17am On Dec 02, 2011
I am glad this is happening. Soon there will be a total break from the sacred cow tradition that has been our bane. And soon newspapers will begin to be able to give news with names, whether it involved Nkiruka Onyejeocha, Chinenye F. Ike, Nnenna Ijeoma E. Ukeje. I am not ashamed it is happening in my state Abia, because that will make us begin to reason properly when next we are electing our representatives, so we don't give mandates to frauds anymore.
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by marocguy(m): 11:18am On Dec 02, 2011
bluetooth = ethnic bigot = (neck slaying almajiri/boko harams somwhr in borno) X (some western education)
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by atasteve: 11:20am On Dec 02, 2011
Shortcuts are most of the time very "longcuts"

This is embarrassing, but I am not surprised even parents do the same for their children. sad
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by MyJoe: 11:22am On Dec 02, 2011
Chiori:

I am glad this is happening. Soon there will be a total break from the sacred cow tradition that has been our bane. And soon newspapers will begin to be able to give news with names, whether it involved Nkiruka Onyejeocha, Chinenye F. Ike, Nnenna Ijeoma E. Ukeje. I am not ashamed it is happening in my state Abia, because that will make us begin to reason properly when next we are electing our representatives, so we don't give mandates to frauds anymore.
Thank you.

What they are doing now is letting us suspect all the three female lawmakers from the state. They better tell us who it is or the two innocent ones should clear their names.
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by MyJoe: 11:22am On Dec 02, 2011
Chiori:

Thank you.

What they are doing now is letting us suspect all the three female Reps from the state. They better tell us who it is or the two innocent ones should clear their names.
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by Chiori(m): 11:25am On Dec 02, 2011
@MyJoe, that is exactly the point I am trying to score.
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by dammyfine: 11:27am On Dec 02, 2011
Am interested in d name cos soon dey wil bribe d police nd d chapter wil close
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by Chiori(m): 11:29am On Dec 02, 2011
MyJoe:

Thank you.

What they are doing now is letting us suspect all the three female lawmakers from the state. They better tell us who it is or the two innocent ones should clear their names.
Suppose the three of them come out to declare they are innocent, how will that help us?
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by ismhab(m): 11:34am On Dec 02, 2011
These igbos are good in doing this kind of business, the even engage in making fake university certificate, the worst part of them is that, they get enrol in NYSC for more than four time, so as to enjoy the monthly allowance. Don't talk of arm robbery in nigeria and africa.
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by Chiori(m): 11:41am On Dec 02, 2011
ismhab:

These igbos are good in doing this kind of business, the even engage in making fake university certificate, the worst part of them is that, they get enrol in NYSC for more than four time, so as to enjoy the monthly allowance. Don't talk of arm robbery in nigeria and africa.
And the Hausa/Fulani are good in terrorism and wholesale murder.

1 Like

Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by MyJoe: 11:45am On Dec 02, 2011
Chiori:

Suppose the three of them come out to declare they are innocent, how will that help us?
I doubt the guilty one will be shooting her mouth right now, except, perhaps, to say she was falsely accused, which will instantly give the game away. But, then, this is Nigeria.  Anyway, we will soon know who it is. You can bet people know already, and soon there will be BB, facebook, twitter or some thing else.

But something has to be done about the quality of journalism in Nigeria.
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by Chiori(m): 11:50am On Dec 02, 2011
MyJoe:

I doubt the guilty one will be shooting her mouth right now, except, perhaps, to say she was falsely accused, which will instantly give the game away. But, then, this is Nigeria.  Anyway, we will soon know who it is. You can bet people know already, and soon there will be BB, facebook, twitter or some thing else.

Yeah, journalism has to revolutionize, the way our judiciary wants to make some radical changes to procedures in the court room.
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:06pm On Dec 02, 2011
Hmmm. Now the PA becomes the scapegoat while the REP walks free
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by Chiori(m): 12:13pm On Dec 02, 2011
The Rep cannot walk free if the authorities are minded to pursue this to a good conclusion. There will be records to show that the PA was working for her, and thorough investigations and inquests can get the truth from the culprit(s).
BCuZiMBlaCk:

Hmmm. Now the PA becomes the scapegoat while the REP walks free

Come to think of it, it might be any of the female members of the House of Reps from any other state that went to take the exam in Abia in order not to raise eyebrows in her home state.
MyJoe:

Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by dastudent(m): 12:13pm On Dec 02, 2011
They might bring forth the name of the law maker but it would be quite easy for the lawmaker to bribe the Police and what we would hear is that she was framed.
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by Chiori(m): 12:19pm On Dec 02, 2011
All the same, they should be mentioning names so that it would stand against her in future. And that way it would make us rein in our tendency to do unjust stuff.
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by gbigbega: 1:20pm On Dec 02, 2011
a friend of mine just confirm that it's Nkiruka Onyejeocha because the exam was conducted in her constituency
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by Ninapha(f): 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2011
kassano22:

and who taught them forgery if not the yorubas the who are the epitome of  crime and personification of fogery.Rubbish

Bluetooth must u bring tribalism into every thread, check am nau! those who presented Toronto Certs are Ibos too.  Respect urself or are u too dull to give meaningful contributions?

@OP I pity the PA who has sacrificed her future for the big fool. I believe the "dishonorable" could have sat for the exams herself without much ado.
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by Basics007: 1:30pm On Dec 02, 2011
jamace:

I feel like shooting the editor of this paper
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by Chiori(m): 1:49pm On Dec 02, 2011
gbigbega:

a friend of mine just confirm that it's Nkiruka Onyejeocha because the exam was conducted in her constituency
It could easily have been any of the other two Abia female Reps. It might as well have been Hon. Mulikat Akande Adeola - Ogbomosho North,South/Orire, Hon. Martha H. Bodunrin - Barikinladi/Riyom, or any other ones whose names I have not mentioned. It is a illogical to assume that because it happened in Nkiruka Onyejeocha's constituency, then it is she who is the culprit. No. The journalists have to do justice to this event by mentioning the name of the person involved.
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by lonamy: 2:04pm On Dec 02, 2011
Chetachi Obi, is PA to Hon. Nkeiru Onyejiocha

Eze however told Nigerian Compass that not long after one Chetachi Obi, the Personal Assistant to the Federal House of Representative member for Isiukwuato/Umunneochi federal constituency, Hon. Nkeiru Onyejiocha threatened to rope them into trouble, he got information that his name was one of eight names listed for arrest or assassination.

Source:http://www.123people.es/ext/frm?ti=person%20finder&search_term=eze%20ugochukwu&search_country=ES&st=person%20finder&target_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thenigeriandaily.com%2F2011%2F02%2F27%2Fisuochi-a-community-under-seige%2F&section=blog&wrt_id=327
Re: Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker by zignor(m): 2:09pm On Dec 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

you are no 1 . . .OLUWOLE CUSTOMER . . . .OTU OCHAtongue tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Past Questions And Answers. / "mapouka 101 At Oou" Abeg My Fellow Nairanlanders, True Or False / OAU Suspends Four Students Over Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.