Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide (5074 Views)

2012/2013 May/june NABTEB Exam Time- Table / Personal Assistant Writes NABTEB Exam For Lawmaker / What Are The Requirement Needed 4 Writing Nabteb Exam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by Chiori(m): 12:19am On Dec 04, 2011
Exam Fraud: It’s A Set Up –rep’s Aide

Less than 24 hours after Daily Sun broke the story, Hon. Onyejeocha allegedly mobilized an aide to storm Umuahia over the matter.
The aide has contacted the local government chairman, Mr. Dan Okoli; leadership of Abia State Criminal Investigation Department (CID) and the state’s Commissioner of Police.

Reliable sources told Sunday Sun that the aide first met with Mr. Okoli, who in turn took him to top officials of the State CID and the CP on Friday.
“Hon. Onyejeocha has already mobilized one of her top aides in Abuja to Umuahia over the matter. She sent a man from Abuja on Friday, who met with Dan Okoli and the State CID. Later, they went to meet the CP and stayed there till 6p.m.

“Thereafter, they lodged at Eastern Comfort Hotel, Umuahia. But we are watching and waiting,” the source said.
On Thursday, Chetachi Obi, aide to the lawmaker representing the Isuikwuato/Umunneochi Federal Constituency, was arrested for allegedly writing the ongoing Nov/Dec NABTEB examination for her boss.
But she claimed her arrest was a set up by political opponents of her boss.

Obi and the examination invigilator were arrested at Unique Comprehensive High School, Isuochi, following a tip-off from those who alleged that Obi had been writing the examination for the lawmaker daily since November 10.
However, the police in Abia State Criminal Investigation Department (CID) have said investigation into the arrest of Obi was ongoing.
A team of policemen from the command would be dispatched to the Benin office of the National Business and Technical Examinations Board this week to find out if the honourable member registered for the examination or not.
Impeccable police source, who pleaded anonymity, disclosed yesterday that since the examination body had no office in Abia, the command would dispatch a team to Benin, which is the board’s headquarters, to cross-check issues regarding the allegation against Obi, who has been released on bail.

“We don’t want to be seen trading words with the suspect. This is not the first paper she is writing the examination. You know politicians; they are only trying to launder their image.
“We are still investigating the matter. NABTEB has no office in the state. We will go to Benin on working days to carry on with the investigation,” our source said.
Meanwhile, Obi, who briefed journalists in Umuahia, claimed she was called by an unknown person to come to the Unique Comprehensive High School centre for the examination, and was arrested by policemen, who took her to the State CID, Umuahia.

She said those who saw what was going on between her and the police even thought she was being kidnapped.
“What happened two days ago was unfortunate. The incident made me understand how desperate people who want to be in power can be. I was in ABSU, where I was doing my registration for a Law admission I gained when somebody called me that I had an urgent message from my boss. I went as the person asked me to come to the examination centre at Unique Comprehensive High School. When I got there, somebody came out from the hall and asked me if I am Onyejenze and I asked if there was any problem, and they asked me to wait. They said they were there for me and that I should give them my car key, which I obeyed under threat, and they took me to Umunneochi police station in their white Mercedes Benz car, from where they took me to State CID Umuahia.

“There, I was shown a letter from the Commissioner of Police said to have been written by Isuochi people against my boss. When I asked to see the petitioner, they refused to show me and said it was a high profile case in which two elephants are fighting and that I would be the grass. I was refused bail on Thursday and was granted bail on Friday between 5:30 and 6p.m. Those who arrested me are DSP Onyemauche and one officer from Legal Department of State CID,” Obi said.

She threatened to take the police and all the newspapers that publicized the allegation to court for redress.
She stated that her boss did not enter for any NABTEB examination, having obtained her WASC, Diploma and Master’s degree from Imo State University.

http://newnigerianpolitics.com/2011/12/04/exam-fraud-it%E2%80%99s-a-set-up-%E2%80%93rep%E2%80%99s-aide/
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by Chiori(m): 12:21am On Dec 04, 2011
The film show has started.
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by amaham(m): 11:56am On Dec 04, 2011
Abia! Abia!! Abia!!! How many times did I call u? Can anything good come out from u?
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by egift(m): 3:42pm On Dec 04, 2011
Desperados! Nne be on attacking mode before the soil you.

People are wicked o!
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by 9ijaprince(m): 4:49pm On Dec 04, 2011
The rep involved should seek the services of Baba suwe. The stories look similar.
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by feeljohnny(m): 8:10pm On Dec 04, 2011
Story story! Abeg make i go get beer jare, na today
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by Bolt2011(m): 8:23pm On Dec 04, 2011
Even if the aide did sit for the exams for her boss, the case will eventually end with the police only if the Honorable is not from the ruling party. A worse case is that of Governor Gabriel Suswan of Benue state. Naija i hail thee
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by jayyem(m): 8:26pm On Dec 04, 2011
I actually served in that local government and all through my stay there she didn't seem like somebody who held in high esteem by her people as there is no tangible project she did,not even borehole in Ngodo where she built her house,therefore,it is no surprise if her own people rose against her if the reported story is actually true.
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by Chiori(m): 8:45pm On Dec 04, 2011
Bolt2011:

Even if the aide did sit for the exams for her boss, the case will eventually end with the police only if the Honorable is not from the ruling party. A worse case is that of Governor Gabriel Suswan of Benue state. Naija i hail thee
What about Suswam? What is his case?

As for Onyejeocha, I hope it will not be swept under the carpet.
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by nsiadi: 10:25pm On Dec 04, 2011
The more you look the less you see
Hope they wont put the job of the poor police officers on jeopardy

Definitely something is fishyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by Bolt2011(m): 10:32pm On Dec 04, 2011
@ Chiori, Suswam's case has been in court for months if not years. He has been accused of using a fake SSCE result with evidence and testifiers to back up this accusation, they even said he is not a graduate of any law school as he claimed. Despite all these accusations and proofs, he is still a 'sacred cow' calling the shots in Benue.
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by Chiori(m): 10:46pm On Dec 04, 2011
Oh, that! I thought some new case had cropped up.
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by Cypost: 11:04pm On Dec 04, 2011
Chiori:

O̲b̲i̲,̲ ̲w̲h̲o̲ ̲b̲r̲i̲e̲f̲e̲d̲ ̲j̲o̲u̲r̲n̲a̲l̲i̲s̲t̲s̲ ̲i̲n̲ ̲U̲m̲u̲a̲h̲i̲a̲,̲ ̲c̲l̲a̲i̲m̲e̲d̲ ̲s̲h̲e̲ ̲w̲a̲s̲ ̲c̲a̲l̲l̲e̲d̲ ̲b̲y̲ ̲a̲n̲ ̲u̲n̲k̲n̲o̲w̲n̲ ̲p̲e̲r̲s̲o̲n̲

Her story dose not just add up. In this era of murder, kidnapping and ransom UNkNOW PeRSoN will call u to an unfamiliar location and u hurriedly went, alone. Give us another gist joo
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by Ndkings1(m): 11:26pm On Dec 04, 2011
Ok_i don hear u na.
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by ncpat(m): 1:23am On Dec 05, 2011
HOW EVER THE STORY GOES I BLAME THE NIGERIAN POLICE FOR INCOMPETENCY, IF SOMEONE GAVE THE POLICE A TIP-OFF SO WHAT STOPS THEM FROM GATHERING ENOUGH EVIDENCE BEFORE MAKING ARREST,NOW WE ARE IN A WORLD OF DIGITAL WHERE THEY COULD HAVE EASILY CAPTURED HER ON TAPE ENTERING AND EVEN WRITING THE SAID EXAM, NOW EVEN IF THEY FIND THE NAME OF HER BOSS AS A REGISTERED STUDENT FOR THE EXAM, SHE CAN STILL DENIES IT SINCE IT IS A WORLD OF POLITICS JUST AS SHE HAS SAID THAT IT WAS A SET-UP SO THE REGISTRATION TOO WAS A SET-UP B`COS THERE IS NO ACCREDITED CENTRE FOR REGISTRATION OF NABTECH SINCE THE PASSPORT IS BEEN SCAN AND NOT DIRECTLY CAPTURED. SO POLICE UNA DON Bleep UP THERE IS NOTHING TO INVESTIGATE
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by egift(m): 8:27am On Dec 05, 2011
If you said she sat for the NABTEB exams, then tell us the Reg No. and the name on it (hers or her Boss).

According to the article:
"She stated that her boss did not enter for any NABTEB examination, having obtained her WASC, Diploma and Master’s degree from Imo State University."

Nigerian politicians can be very desperate in their efforts to pull people down.
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by sirp2007: 8:29am On Dec 05, 2011
Cypost:

I WONDER TOO.TO FURTHER FAULT HER ALIBI,SHE COULDNT CONFIRM FROM HER ''MADAM'' OF D SUPPOSEDLY STRANGE CALL,NEITHER DID SHE GO WITH ANY SECURITY AGENT OR WITNESS.WE HAVE DAFT PPLE IN AUTHORITY.SHE CANT EVEN FATHOM BELIEVEABLE LIES
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by egift(m): 8:45am On Dec 05, 2011
sir-p2007:

I WONDER TOO.TO FURTHER FAULT HER ALIBI,SHE COULDNT CONFIRM FROM HER ''MADAM'' OF D SUPPOSEDLY STRANGE CALL,NEITHER DID SHE GO WITH ANY SECURITY AGENT OR WITNESS.WE HAVE DAFT PPLE IN AUTHORITY.SHE CANT EVEN FATHOM BELIEVEABLE LIES

^ But her accusers are not giving us a better lie either. If she was sitting for Exam where is the registration details. Also are the aware she already have "WASC, Diploma and Master’s degree from Imo State University"?
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by lonamy: 9:03am On Dec 05, 2011
Chiori:

Less than 24 hours after Daily Sun broke the story, Hon. Onyejeocha allegedly mobilized an aide to storm Umuahia over the matter.
The aide has contacted the local government chairman, Mr. Dan Okoli; leadership of Abia State Criminal Investigation Department (CID) and the state’s Commissioner of Police.

Reliable sources told Sunday Sun that the aide first met with Mr. Okoli, who in turn took him to top officials of the State CID and the CP on Friday.
“Hon. Onyejeocha has already mobilized one of her top aides in Abuja to Umuahia over the matter. She sent a man from Abuja on Friday, who met with Dan Okoli and the State CID. Later, they went to meet the CP and stayed there till 6p.m.

“Thereafter, they lodged at Eastern Comfort Hotel, Umuahia. But we are watching and waiting,” the source said.
On Thursday, Chetachi Obi, aide to the lawmaker representing the Isuikwuato/Umunneochi Federal Constituency, was arrested for allegedly writing the ongoing Nov/Dec NABTEB examination for her boss.
But she claimed her arrest was a set up by political opponents of her boss.

Obi and the examination invigilator were arrested at Unique Comprehensive High School, Isuochi, following a tip-off from those who alleged that Obi had been writing the examination for the lawmaker daily since November 10.
However, the police in Abia State Criminal Investigation Department (CID) have said investigation into the arrest of Obi was ongoing.
A team of policemen from the command would be dispatched to the Benin office of the National Business and Technical Examinations Board this week to find out if the honourable member registered for the examination or not.
Impeccable police source, who pleaded anonymity, disclosed yesterday that since the examination body had no office in Abia, the command would dispatch a team to Benin, which is the board’s headquarters, to cross-check issues regarding the allegation against Obi, who has been released on bail.

“We don’t want to be seen trading words with the suspect. This is not the first paper she is writing the examination. You know politicians; they are only trying to launder their image.
“We are still investigating the matter. NABTEB has no office in the state. We will go to Benin on working days to carry on with the investigation,” our source said.
Meanwhile, Obi, who briefed journalists in Umuahia, claimed she was called by an unknown person to come to the Unique Comprehensive High School centre for the examination, and was arrested by policemen, who took her to the State CID, Umuahia.

She said those who saw what was going on between her and the police even thought she was being kidnapped.
“What happened two days ago was unfortunate. The incident made me understand how desperate people who want to be in power can be. I was in ABSU, where I was doing my registration for a Law admission I gained when somebody called me that I had an urgent message from my boss. I went as the person asked me to come to the examination centre at Unique Comprehensive High School. When I got there, somebody came out from the hall and asked me if I am Onyejenze and I asked if there was any problem, and they asked me to wait. They said they were there for me and that I should give them my car key, which I obeyed under threat, and they took me to Umunneochi police station in their white Mercedes Benz car, from where they took me to State CID Umuahia.

“There, I was shown a letter from the Commissioner of Police said to have been written by Isuochi people against my boss. When I asked to see the petitioner, they refused to show me and said it was a high profile case in which two elephants are fighting and that I would be the grass. I was refused bail on Thursday and was granted bail on Friday between 5:30 and 6p.m. Those who arrested me are DSP Onyemauche and one officer from Legal Department of State CID,” Obi said.

She threatened to take the police and all the newspapers that publicized the allegation to court for redress.
She stated that her boss did not enter for any NABTEB examination, having obtained her WASC, Diploma and Master’s degree from Imo State University.

http://newnigerianpolitics.com/2011/12/04/exam-fraud-it%E2%80%99s-a-set-up-%E2%80%93rep%E2%80%99s-aide/

[size=14pt]
This is a BLATANT LIE

I was in ABSU, where I was doing my registration for a Law admission I gained when somebody called me that I had an urgent message from my boss. I went as the person asked me to come to the examination centre at Unique Comprehensive High School. When I got there, somebody came out from the hall and asked me if I am Onyejenze and I asked if there was any problem, and they asked me to wait.
[/size]

If someone called you that you have a message from your boss, don't you have your boss's phone number to confirm if it was true? Besides wouldn't your boss have called you to give you information about the message she has for you. And are you so stupid to have fell so cheaply to the hands of people like that, what of if they were kidnappers.

Obi, you are very silly
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by egift(m): 10:53am On Dec 05, 2011
@lonamy:
Yes, we can blame her for not being smart considering how desperate and evil people are these days.

But she may just be the grass as her Boss and Opponents slug it out. This should also be a lesson for all of us - They call you & You go = Then anything you see na your wahala cool
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by Mosesli: 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2011
I dey laugh.
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by Mosesli: 12:25pm On Dec 05, 2011
Sad.
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by Rhea(f): 12:55pm On Dec 05, 2011
Putting a face to the name. That's your 'honorable' legislator

Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by Ninapha(f): 1:46pm On Dec 05, 2011
[
egift:

If you said she sat for the NABTEB exams, then tell us the Reg No. and the name on it (hers or her Boss).

According to the article:
"She stated that her boss did not enter for any NABTEB examination, having obtained her WASC, Diploma and Master’s degree from Imo State University.

Nigerian politicians can be very desperate in their efforts to pull people down.

I dont believe OBI besides, I know how Nigeria police works. After collecting money from the politician, they would also tell them what to say to defend themselves.

How can someone who has no exam papers and not seated in an a exams hall be arrested! aid to such top politician? haha. now what about the disparities in Madam honourable's qualifications. WASC,DIPLOMA And MASTERS? na wah oo. Nigeria is working
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by gentlesJ(m): 10:49pm On Dec 05, 2011
I don't seem to understand this woman qualification,WAEC,DIPLOMA,MASTER,, how did she get to master degree,did jump from diploma to master,can some educate me cos this confusion is getting worst.what I know is after ur Diploma,u go for either HND,HD,or Bsc plus postgraduate diploma if the need be,before going for Master.
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by ruthkufe: 4:59pm On Dec 06, 2011
wonderful
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by otitisteve: 5:33pm On Dec 06, 2011
Na wa ooo. Orisirisi
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by Chiori(m): 10:07pm On Dec 06, 2011
gentles J:

I don't seem to understand this woman qualification,WAEC,DIPLOMA,MASTER,, how did she get to master degree,did jump from diploma to master,can some educate me cos this confusion is getting worst.what I know is after your Diploma,u go for either HND,HD,or Bsc plus postgraduate diploma if the need be,before going for Master.
Ah ah! Don't you know that in her days, if you had a 1st-class Diploma you proceeded straight to Masters? :-D
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by Vinjakes: 8:40am On Dec 09, 2011
[color=#990000][/color]Share

inShare
SocButtons plugin
Re: Woman nabbed in Abia for writing exams for a Rep

Abia State Police Command has vowed to un-earth every hidden truth behind the activities of the member of the House of Representatives’ aide, Chetachi Obi, following her denial that she was writing any examination when the police arrested her. The suspect alleged that she only obeyed to follow the police to the state CID under threat to her life to which onlookers felt that they were kidnappers.

A police source that did not want to be named, disclosed that Thursday’s examination was not the first that Obi was writing for the lawmaker, adding that she forgot that the police had been monitoring her for more than two days before her arrest.

Our source also said that the police would not want to join issues with her since the statement she made when she was arrested are still available and they are on top of the investigation to establish the fact that her boss actually registered for the exam which she was taking for her. Daily Sun learnt that by the time all the relevant facts are established, following the conclusion of their investigation, those involved would be paraded before newsmen.

In her Press briefing yesterday in Umuahia, Obi denied writing any exam for her boss or anybody. She said that neither herself nor her boss needed any Ordinary Level papers as they are all very qualified in their fields of endeavors. According to Obi, her boss has a Diploma and Masters degree from recognized higher institutions. “Her first degree was on Religion, after her Diploma which qualified her for direct entry into first degree programme for her Masters. Though I made my statement short at the police station, I was not writing exam for anybody, I am a child of God and God would be my strength”, Obi said.

She said that she was confronted at the state CID with a petition allegedly written by Concerned Citizens of Umunneochi, which she claimed bore only signatures and no names. She blamed her ordeal on the handiwork of unnamed political enemies of the lawmaker. On the examination photo card found on her during the arrest , which bore the name and photograph of the lawmaker, Obi said that anybody could manipulate that bearing in mind that her boss is a public figure whose photographs could easily be obtained.

She claimed that the lawmaker has WAEC and GCE certificates and therefore, did not need another O’ Level certificate from NABTEB. However, it was observed that on the WAEC certificate belonging to her boss which she tendered before newsmen, the lawmaker had only a pass in English Language and failed Mathematics.

The examination was taken in Ovim Girls’ Secondary School in 1984. She , however, claimed that her boss made up the deficient papers and promised to present them before the end of the day. When newsmen waited for the presentation which never came, she later called to say that the presentation would be in two weeks time.
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by Vinjakes: 9:01am On Dec 09, 2011
[color=#990000][/color]Share

inShare
SocButtons plugin
Re: Woman nabbed in Abia for writing exams for a Rep

Abia State Police Command has vowed to un-earth every hidden truth behind the activities of the member of the House of Representatives’ aide, Chetachi Obi, following her denial that she was writing any examination when the police arrested her. The suspect alleged that she only obeyed to follow the police to the state CID under threat to her life to which onlookers felt that they were kidnappers.

A police source that did not want to be named, disclosed that Thursday’s examination was not the first that Obi was writing for the lawmaker, adding that she forgot that the police had been monitoring her for more than two days before her arrest.

Our source also said that the police would not want to join issues with her since the statement she made when she was arrested are still available and they are on top of the investigation to establish the fact that her boss actually registered for the exam which she was taking for her. Daily Sun learnt that by the time all the relevant facts are established, following the conclusion of their investigation, those involved would be paraded before newsmen.

In her Press briefing yesterday in Umuahia, Obi denied writing any exam for her boss or anybody. She said that neither herself nor her boss needed any Ordinary Level papers as they are all very qualified in their fields of endeavors. According to Obi, her boss has a Diploma and Masters degree from recognized higher institutions. “Her first degree was on Religion, after her Diploma which qualified her for direct entry into first degree programme for her Masters. Though I made my statement short at the police station, I was not writing exam for anybody, I am a child of God and God would be my strength”, Obi said.

She said that she was confronted at the state CID with a petition allegedly written by Concerned Citizens of Umunneochi, which she claimed bore only signatures and no names. She blamed her ordeal on the handiwork of unnamed political enemies of the lawmaker. On the examination photo card found on her during the arrest , which bore the name and photograph of the lawmaker, Obi said that anybody could manipulate that bearing in mind that her boss is a public figure whose photographs could easily be obtained.

She claimed that the lawmaker has WAEC and GCE certificates and therefore, did not need another O’ Level certificate from NABTEB. However, it was observed that on the WAEC certificate belonging to her boss which she tendered before newsmen, the lawmaker had only a pass in English Language and failed Mathematics.

The examination was taken in Ovim Girls’ Secondary School in 1984. She , however, claimed that her boss made up the deficient papers and promised to present them before the end of the day. When newsmen waited for the presentation which never came, she later called to say that the presentation would be in two weeks time.
Re: NABTEB Exam Fraud Is A Set Up – Hon. Onyejeocha's Aide by Chiori(m): 10:10am On Dec 09, 2011
The truth must come out on this one. There are so many discrepancies already.

(1) (Reply)

Meanwhile, Back In Osun State This Is How OAU Students Sometimes Get Water. / Meet 15-year-old Sweet Potato Seller / The Nigeria Police Academy (NPA) 2016/2017 Admission Application Form (complete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.