Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,619 members, 7,820,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies (8674 Views)

Mile 12 Market Comes Back To Life After Deadly Tribal Clash / Bank Customers Boycott Banks On #nobankingday (photos) / Will Nigerians Boycott Banks On Tuesday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by Sike(m): 9:14am On Dec 02, 2011
ezeagu:

How did ACN capture an Igbo state like Ogun
Ouch! Is Ogun an Igbo state??
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by Jakumo(m): 10:12am On Dec 02, 2011
Beaf:

Is this thing due to politicians? Or is there just a gang thats always high on drugs?
Its hard to understand.

There are two schools of thought regarding the composition, agendas and background of the armed bank marauders now effectively closing down entire state economies in the south of Nigeria.    The first theory points to large gangs of political thugs who were issued Kalashnikov automatic rifles by the crate-load in the run-up to state elections some years back.  Those hoods all subsequently drew generous monthly salaries from state treasuries during their sponsors tenure of political power.  When later elections deposed many officials that had hitherto approved monthly salaries to political thug gangs, that income source dried up, leaving unprecedentedly huge numbers of heavily armed, hungry and gratuitously violent men to essentially fend for themselves.   The presumption has always been that it would only be a matter of time before all furloughed guns-for-hire inexorably metamorphosed by default into freelance bank robbers, home-invaders and highwaymen.

The  second, more ominous conclusion, being drawn by some within both state and civilian security agencies, is that the sheer brutal ferocity and growing body-count per raid, along with highly unusual fore-warnings that preceded the most recent spate of smoothly choreographed bank raids, all hint at a cohesive masterplan to systematically degrade the viability of commerce and industry THROUGHOUT the south of Nigeria, courtesy of Boko Haram, the same shadowy terrorist group that has proudly claimed responsibility for escalating bloodshed and mayhem across the NORTH of Nigeria.  Motivated as much by extremist religious dogma as by old-fashioned criminal avarice, fundamentalist terror gangs who diversify into common violent crime pose a significantly greater threat to national stability than do splintered, un-coordinated groups of professional bandits whose primary motivation remains exclusively monetary.

Regardless of where the blame lies for the record number of MULTIPLE AND SIMULTANEOUS bank sieges recorded in southern Nigeria, serious consideration MUST be accorded to invoking the MILITARY option, by Nigeria's federal government, in ANY AND ALL zones of the federation currently recording military style bank raids or highway blockades.   At the state level of law enforcement, remote controlled aerial drones would be FAR cheaper to acquire and operate than armored vehicles, and could be deployed on extremely short notice for covert overhead surveillance, to loiter above and relay down to mobile command posts high-resolution imagery of criminal gang assaults, as they unfold.  With such real-time information available, getaway vehicles can be observed and stealthily tracked with relative ease, which in turn would facilitate safe-distance ground pursuit or the tactical pre-positioning of light armament ambushes in locations specifically chosen to minimize civilian casualties.
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by jmaine: 10:35am On Dec 02, 2011
A sane topic hijacked by partisan goons . . . the innocent guys killed by this lunatics am sure are not card carrying party members but normal people like you and i . .and it's also not an issue that the last few weeks have been hellish times for the banks in Oyo . . .abeg make una no turn this thread to ACN/CPC/APGA/PDP squabbles . . .

Ode-remo . .It must have been an horrible experience and it's like those guys are so high on drugs to be spraying packed cars unless their hand no strong for the gun when dem dey carry wey dey cause such mis-directed shots . .
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by Rhino5dm: 10:46am On Dec 02, 2011
You ain't gonna have it your way, trust me. I shall expose every inch of your deep hate toward the SW to the surface. You wont see me coming, AM always here.

Beaf:

Good riddance. Go somewhere where you can regale doubters with your Akwa Ibom high stories.
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 10:48am On Dec 02, 2011
This means the economy over there will drop
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by Rhino5dm: 10:57am On Dec 02, 2011
Dont you think those innocent people dying in Rivers State deserve his sympathy? beaf is snake with PDP agenda to pursue. Why wont he comment on the multiple arm robbery occurring in his state?

Dont be fooled by his sweet diction, else you remain brain washed.

Ileke-IdI:

I thought I was the only one who noticed.

But he explained it to me that he was just sympathizing with Ogun. I give him the benefit of doubt.

I mean, he's not a tribalist or a SW hater, he's just after ACN states, which are mostly"unfortunately" located in the SW. Ignore the fact that he's not after ACN states in other regions.

I hope you're with me on this one.

He's just sympathizing.
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by Beaf: 10:58am On Dec 02, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

You ain't gonna have it your way, trust me. I shall expose every inch of your deep hate toward the SW to the surface. You wont see me coming, AM always here.

You've always had a "rich" imagination. Why not imagine yourself telling Akpabio to tar the roads and dualise them with Julius Berger in Akwa Ibom?
thats what you did here:

. . .I can go and on with this. . .but am using my mobile phone to type.

. . .and the so much touted road projects in Akwa Ibom is my credit. As i was the one that sold the idea to Akpabio victor to invite Julius Berger, based on what i saw Ma'azu achieved with them in Bauchi.
In 2007 before flagging off his campaign, i advised him. You know what, Ikot Ekpene-Abak road was the first road they built in Akwa Ibom and i was the one that said so, cos that road leads to the governor's house. I told them to dualized it.

I know where to go and make blood money. . .

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-799736.32.html

Thats what I call a "rich" imagination. Carry go! Wetin man no go hear?

kindly entertain us, someone should bring in the dancing monkeys for accompaniment. Lol!
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by stepo707: 11:02am On Dec 02, 2011
God have mercy on us oh.All this men of the underworld angry
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by Beaf: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2011
jmaine:

A sane topic hijacked by partisan goons . . . the innocent guys killed by this lunatics am sure are not card carrying party members but normal people like you and i . .and it's also not an issue that the last few weeks have been hellish times for the banks in Oyo . . .abeg make una no turn this thread to ACN/CPC/APGA/PDP squabbles . . .

Ode-remo . .It must have been an horrible experience and it's like those guys are so high on drugs to be spraying packed cars unless their hand no strong for the gun when dem dey carry wey dey cause such mis-directed shots . .

Guy, NL is being hijacked by all sorts of unprincipled types. I find it difficult to imagine why a topic lamenting the deaths of fellow Nigerians, should be hijacked by those whose minds are so far gone that they cannot even step back and form the thought, "may their souls rest in peace."
NL has sunk to a terrible low, now even the dead are being kicked around by wicked people for weird reasons that beggar belief.

Concerning the spraying of parked cars, I found that particularly disturbing too. Why would sane people spray parked cars, except they are trigger happy because they are under some sort of influence? The whole thing is mad. IMHO, the governor needs to throw in the towel and ask for military might to face those bastar'ds bullet for bullet.
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by Jakumo(m): 11:11am On Dec 02, 2011
Beaf:

IMHO, the governor needs to throw in the towel and ask for military might to face those bastar'ds bullet for bullet.

Hear hear. The sooner the better.
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by Beaf: 11:16am On Dec 02, 2011
Jakumo:

There are two schools of thought regarding the composition, agendas and background of the armed bank marauders now effectively closing down entire state economies in the south of Nigeria.    The first theory points to large gangs of political thugs who were issued Kalashnikov automatic rifles by the crate-load in the run-up to state elections some years back.  Those hoods all subsequently drew generous monthly salaries from state treasuries during their sponsors tenure of political power.  When later elections deposed many officials that had hitherto approved monthly salaries to political thug gangs, that income source dried up, leaving unprecedentedly huge numbers of heavily armed, hungry and gratuitously violent men to essentially fend for themselves.   The presumption has always been that it would only be a matter of time before all furloughed guns-for-hire inexorably metamorphosed by default into freelance bank robbers, home-invaders and highwaymen.

The  second, more ominous conclusion, being drawn by some within both state and civilian security agencies, is that the sheer brutal ferocity and growing body-count per raid, along with highly unusual fore-warnings that preceded the most recent spate of smoothly choreographed bank raids, all hint at a cohesive masterplan to systematically degrade the viability of commerce and industry THROUGHOUT the south of Nigeria, courtesy of Boko Haram, the same shadowy terrorist group that has proudly claimed responsibility for escalating bloodshed and mayhem across the NORTH of Nigeria.  Motivated as much by extremist religious dogma as by old-fashioned criminal avarice, fundamentalist terror gangs who diversify into common violent crime pose a significantly greater threat to national stability than do splintered, un-coordinated groups of professional bandits whose primary motivation remains exclusively monetary.

Regardless of where the blame lies for the record number of MULTIPLE AND SIMULTANEOUS bank sieges recorded in southern Nigeria, serious consideration MUST be accorded to invoking the MILITARY option, by Nigeria's federal government, in ANY AND ALL zones of the federation currently recording military style bank raids or highway blockades.   At the state level of law enforcement, remote controlled aerial drones would be FAR cheaper to acquire and operate than armored vehicles, and could be deployed on extremely short notice for covert overhead surveillance, to loiter above and relay down to mobile command posts high-resolution imagery of criminal gang assaults, as they unfold.  With such real-time information available, getaway vehicles can be observed and stealthily tracked with relative ease, which in turn would facilitate safe-distance ground pursuit or the tactical pre-positioning of light armament ambushes in locations specifically chosen to minimize civilian casualties.

I agree more with your argument that they might be political thugs belonging to past or present men in power, otherwise it is hard to fathom their beastly courage and confidence. If that be the case, whoever it is should be roped in with the robbers and given a death sentence (hanging, firing squad or extra-judicially behind the station, it doesn't matter).
As for the boko haram angle, I don't think so. Especially since Lagos in nearer and much more important to the country than Sagamu.
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by Rhino5dm: 11:17am On Dec 02, 2011
I always feel joy whenever i see you digging my shiit. Whenever i boxed you to your lies and deceit, you lick my shiit.

So, what next? Since the mods forbid your wierd and silly pictures?. . .Go on, maggots always feel better diving into latrine.

Beaf:

You've always had a "rich" imagination. Why not imagine yourself telling Akpabio to tar the roads and dualise them with Julius Berger in Akwa Ibom?
thats what you did here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-799736.32.html

Thats what I call a "rich" imagination. Carry go! Wetin man no go hear?

kindly entertain us, someone should bring in the dancing monkeys for accompaniment. Lol!
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by Beaf: 11:33am On Dec 02, 2011
^
No news from Akpabio? Shocking! grin grin grin
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by ak47mann(m): 11:37am On Dec 02, 2011
i thought it was in south east that they have kidnappers, armed robbers, ritualism shocked shocked i think beaf did some mistake there. angry angry
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by oderemo(m): 11:52am On Dec 02, 2011
Back on line, nija na wah.
Guys u can politicise this issue all u lyk, that experience was enuff for me to pack my bags and move back to my cosy s.e environment in london.
But for the amount of effort, investment and loss of employment that will cause to those who is pushing my PROJECT on, if not for all those, menh am willing to throw in the towel.
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by Reference(m): 1:02pm On Dec 02, 2011
Why is it that people of influence never think straight under pressure. It is always about the money. They are quick to estimate the 23 million required to repair APC's and more but have no estimate to put tens of thousands to work sustainably. Pity. Banks should know this. If they cannot make demands beyond their interests then any solution proferred will only be temporal. For instance as long as the NLC concerned itself with salaries alone, lack has never left them.

I'm not saying they should not buy APC's, heck they can throw in a couple of M1-A1's but as long as they donot promote jobs by rigorous privatisation and grassroot oriented public works their service of special interests will not remove one miscreant from the streets.
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by aloyemeka1: 1:38pm On Dec 02, 2011
Are they demonstrating against the robbers or what?. It won't stop armed robbers from doing their usual OCCUPY NIGERIAN BANKS in other parts of the country.
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by igbo2011(m): 1:40pm On Dec 02, 2011
Ask Abacha's family and other past politcians to get the money from foreign banks.
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by yommyuk: 1:59pm On Dec 02, 2011
Wow- what an experience ODE-REMO shocked

Just a couple of weeks ago, BBC Business news said that Nigeria is one of the top emergying economIES in the world.

Makes u wonder, HOW
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by fm7070: 3:07pm On Dec 02, 2011
Areosapien:

Nope. yorubaland is definitely the Stupiidity Capital of Nigeria.

@Areosapein,
You are very very very stupiid for that statement.
We are know that Ibo guys are the armed robbers.
If they don't rob, they will use their mother or children for money ritual
You this sentimental tribalistic m0ron
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by baslone: 3:17pm On Dec 02, 2011
Christmas is fast approaching, our BIG BOYS have to cruise SUV's to their villages to display how much they have upgraded.

It's not new, it's just getting more sophisticated.
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2011
baslone:

Christmas is fast approaching, our BIG BOYS have to cruise SUV's to their villages to display how much they have upgraded.

It's not new, it's just getting more sophisticated.

Christmas in the SE will make this robbery look like a child's play.
I beg all my bros and sisters a safe christmas sha.
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 02, 2011
fm7070:

@Areosapein,
You are very very very stupiid for that statement.
We are know that Ibo guys are the armed robbers.
If they don't rob, they will use their mother or children for money ritual
You this sentimental tribalistic m0ron

Haha!! the bleeping irony. lol.
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by eros(m): 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2011
This is a very serious situation. Last year it was Ibadan and it was hell while it lasted. All banks always closed their doors whenever there was a robbery at any of the banks.
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by humblebee: 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2011
Areosapien:

Nope. yorubaland is definitely the Stupiidity Capital of Nigeria.

i know your type, you just want reply to your post, pudding head.
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by godman01(m): 9:58pm On Dec 02, 2011
God will continue to protect us.
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by ezeagu(m): 1:46am On Dec 03, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Christmas in the SE will make this robbery look like a child's play.
I beg all my bros and sisters a safe christmas sha.

And as you wish it will come back to you 20 times (as it always does looking at the trends). The more you curse, the more you curse yourself.
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by Nobody: 1:49am On Dec 03, 2011
My personal own follow-follow. I likey, since fstranger has retired kiss
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by ezeagu(m): 10:56am On Dec 03, 2011
What ever you wish for others, will surely come back 10 times on your head, (as we've seen).
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 03, 2011
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by loco4love: 3:52am On Dec 04, 2011
The armed robbers who robbed the armoured van were wearing MOBILE POLICE UNIFORMS?

It is either:

1. they rented the MOPOL uniforms from the MOPOL themselves to use in the disguise

2.or paid a tailor to design MOPOL uniforms for them

3. or they are MOPOL MEMBERS wearing their issued uniforms.

Ki le ro nipa e = what do you think about this?
Re: Banks On Strike In Ijebu, Sagamu & Abeokuta After Deadly Robberies by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 04, 2011
oyb:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-815796.0.html

Could this be our wish?
Too sad, such savagery.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Market Loses N416b In One Week Amid Political Anxiety / A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria / I Am Investing 1-10 Million Naira Every Month In Persons With Bright Ideas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.