Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria (8681 Views)

Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty / Entrepreneurship In Nigeria / Is There A Peak Age For Entrepreneurship ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by olaedo3087(f): 11:04am On Feb 05, 2013
We dedicate this Page to Entrepreneurs all over Nigeria and the entire globe for their spirits of perseverance under harsh world economy. Through their efforts, the world has witnessed and experienced tremendous positive changes that have improved the lives of millions of people. We also encourage young entrepreneurs who are struggling in their business to emulate the characters of successful entrepreneurs with the hope that this will propel them to success.

Fly high Entrepreneurs!!!

Be the first to click LIKE on Facebook to get tips and updates on your wall via www.facebook.com/ngentrepreneur

9 Likes

Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by olaedo3087(f): 11:16am On Feb 05, 2013
Our Objectives

•To help the Nigerian undergraduate and graduate change his/her typical belief system and start developing his/her skills early enough to add value to himself/herself and the system.

•To impart knowledge of leading edge, proven techniques and skills needed to bridge the gap between the certificate earned and the wealth desired.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by olaedo3087(f): 11:17am On Feb 05, 2013
Stop Waiting for Perfect Conditions!!!

Too many of us stand on the dock waiting. We want the ship in place, the gangplank perfectly positioned, the weather right, and an engraved invitation before we’re willing to launch out. It will never happen! Dreams don’t move toward us, we have to move toward them.

One author writes: ‘Its time to quit waiting for perfection, inspiration, permission, reassurance, someone to change, the right person to come along, the kids to leave home, the new administration to take over, an absence of risk, someone to discover you, a clear set of instructions, more self-confidence, or the pain to go away.

Instead of saying, ‘We’ve never done it before’, say ‘We have the opportunity to be first’, Instead of saying, ‘We don’t have the resources’, say, ‘Necessity fuels invention’. Instead of saying, ‘There’s not enough time’, say, ‘We’ll change how we work’. Instead of saying, ‘We’ve already tried that’, say, ‘We learn from experience’. Instead of saying, ‘Our vendors and customers won’t go for it’, say, ‘Let’s show them the opportunities’. Instead of saying, ‘We don’t have enough money’, say, ‘Maybe there’s something we can cut’. Instead of saying, ‘We’re understaffed’, say, ‘We’re a lean, hungry team’. Instead of saying, ‘It’ll never get any better’, say, ‘We’ll try one more time’. Instead of saying, ’Let somebody else deal with it, say, ‘I’m ready to learn something new’. Instead of saying, ‘Its not my job’, say, ‘I’ll be glad to take the responsibility’. Instead of saying, ‘I can’t, say, ‘By God’s grace I Can!’

9 Likes

Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2013
Good motivation. Hoping it's not 'wetting the ground' for an advert.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by talk2D: 12:53pm On Feb 05, 2013
Thx
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Skywalker5(m): 12:54pm On Feb 05, 2013
To the Entrepreneurs in Nigeria, is it possible to transact business in Nigeria using a company registered outside Nigeria? is it mandatory that i have to register it in Nigeria first?
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by neksummi(m): 12:57pm On Feb 05, 2013
A lovely thread. Will be following as I'd like to connect with like minded people.

I'm a Netpreneur.

https://www.nairaland.com/1142592/lets-team-up-ensure-all

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 05, 2013
Nice thread. Very nice thread. Many have excuses about Capital, its a real issue but shouldnt be an excuse for anyone with a great business idea.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by ebamma(m): 1:02pm On Feb 05, 2013
Am a certified garri enterpreneur, i buy cassava from my village and bring it to the town to sell to bakeries that produce cassava bread,thank God im now doing what i love most

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by obowunmi(m): 1:08pm On Feb 05, 2013
visit: [url]awpnetwork.com[/url] to see how many young people have done it without money.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 1:09pm On Feb 05, 2013
Nice.

Always like to see things like this on front page, but NL and d mods always pay attention to trivialities.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 05, 2013
Glad to see people are catching the buzz!

This is to the high flying world changer.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 05, 2013
Billyonaire: Nice thread. Very nice thread. Many have excuses about Capital, its a real issue but shouldnt be an excuse for anyone with a great business idea.
That is about to be solved with a project along that line.
People will have to feature their start-up business on a website where investors can buy up eaquity in it so entrepreneurs will have an avenue to reach out to a wider range of audience and investors.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Dondbuzor: 1:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
following
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 05, 2013
Subscribing...
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by hightechIT: 1:18pm On Feb 05, 2013
Nice thread!
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by olaedo3087(f): 1:19pm On Feb 05, 2013
Understanding the Power of Change

• Change is the only permanent thing in life.

• The only way to win the race of life is to learn to keep pace with change e.g. the story of the lion and gazelle in the Serengeti Plain of East Africa.

• Those who resist change lose charge.

• To keep growing you have to keep changing.

• Change is what makes life dynamic.

• Change is the difference between the present and the future. In other words, the future is birth in the womb of change.

• To prosper in a changing world requires that you anticipate, prepare for and embrace change. You must see the future before it occurs.

• John Sculley said, “THE FUTURE BELONGS TO THOSE WHO SEES OPPORTUNITIES EVER BEFORE IT OCCURS”.

• There are a lot of changes in the Nigerian workplace and the economy today has made many of our youths irrelevant in the present system.

• These changes are not just peculiar to this country but they are the emerging trends in the global economy today.

Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by olaedo3087(f): 1:26pm On Feb 05, 2013
Understanding the changes in the Nigerian economy & workplace

1. There are fewer jobs in the workplace to cater for the Nigerian undergraduates and graduates. This situation is caused by the following factors.

• Corporate restructurings have thrown many employees into the labour market. Example is the reforms going on in the banking industry, which have left many bankers jobless.

• The government recent move to sanitize it workforce will lead to hundreds of thousands losing their jobs.

• Jobs are created at a slower pace than the rate at which it is being destroyed. Probably the only job you will get is the one you create.

2. There is no security in the workplace again.

• The more security you seek the less freedom you find.

• One of the most secured places on earth is the prison; the inmates are secured but not free!

• Only what you can control its outcome and destiny is secured.

• The only way to secure your future is to create your future. The only secure job is the one you
create.

• The example cited in B1 shows that security is gone.

3. The system no longer respects certificate but certified minds.

• It is what you have in your head that determines whether you get ahead.

• The richest people in the world are school dropout. They dropped out but today they stand out! They all have certified minds. E.g. Bill GATES, Michael DELL and others.

• “PhD’s are good, but Ph Do’s are better.”

• The current system requires people with practical skills and not impracticable theories learnt in schools.

• A certified mind has the following characteristics: quick to think, ability to generate ideas, visionary in thinking, versatile in learning and decisive in execution.

Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by 222Martins(m): 1:30pm On Feb 05, 2013
Just as God opened the eyes of Elisha's servant to see the chariots of fire, i just wish God can open the eyes of many to see the opportunities in Nigeria. Countries such as China, South Africa, U.S.A, U.k, etc are scrambling to invest in Nigeria,.....while our youths are scheming on ways to run abroad for greener pastures. We need a change of mindset. I made my first $10,000 in Nigeria,......and i will make my first $1,000,000,000 in Nigeria. May God help us all....

8 Likes

Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by igbsam(m): 1:30pm On Feb 05, 2013
Am subscribing. Might be very useful if some goofs don't show up to mess up this thread.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by ekaromail: 1:30pm On Feb 05, 2013
Nice. Am subscribing
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by bigx(m): 1:31pm On Feb 05, 2013
Jarus: Good motivation. Hoping it's not 'wetting the ground' for an advert.

Exact thoughts, lets watch and see....
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 05, 2013
222Martins: Just as God opened the eyes of Elisha's servant to see the chariots of fire, i just wish God can open the eyes of many to see the opportunities in Nigeria. Countries such as China, South Africa, U.S.A, U.k, etc are scrambling to invest in Nigeria,.....while our youths are scheming on ways to run abroad for greener pastures. We need a change of mindset. I made my first $10,000 in Nigeria,......and i will make my first $1,000,000,000 in Nigeria. May God help us all....
You are encouraging Nigerians to stay home, thats great. But why are you measuring your success in dollars instead of Naira ?

12 Likes

Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Bontee: 1:35pm On Feb 05, 2013
Nice
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Ikengawo: 1:35pm On Feb 05, 2013
good thread
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 05, 2013
Jarus: Good motivation. Hoping it's not 'wetting the ground' for an advert.
Would that be a crime? It's only on Nairaland I see entrepreneurship being discouraged, now you expect same entrepreneurs so come pay for direct Advertising on your site. Smh!

OLODOgrin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by PapaBrowne(m): 1:42pm On Feb 05, 2013
Space Reserved for comment.
Entreprenuership is the lifeblood of any economy.It also is my passion and my work. I will comment in better details soon.....
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Kx: 1:43pm On Feb 05, 2013
Pastorprenuer
Netprenuer
Nice new words, just wondering if there aint others.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Chrisjane(f): 1:55pm On Feb 05, 2013
[link me up in netpreneurship
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by decepticos(m): 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2013
R we ready?
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by citypulseng(m): 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2013
As I keep telling those who care to listening, stop the permutation and START SOMETHING! There are just so many opportunities and businesses you can dabble into if you only stop to think.

I think the major problem we have in this part of the world is the MINDSET of the youths especially fresh graduates coupled with fear of failure.

Don't be surprise after all said and done, many readers here will only feel motivated for one hour before running back to their old life...

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 05, 2013
Chrisjane: [link me up in netpreneurship
I'm the right person to talk to on this. smiley

You could easily do the following kinds of Online based businesses.

* Drop shipping.
* E-commerce distribution.
* Resale services.
* Blogging.
* Domain and Website flipping.
E.t.c.

Do your research on them and get back to me on your choice.
gidilinks@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fish Farm Blog / I Am Investing 1-10 Million Naira Every Month In Persons With Bright Ideas / Paypal To Introduce Credit Card With 2% Cash Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.