Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,251 members, 7,953,937 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:19 AM

Are Nigerian's Human Resources Strategic Enough? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are Nigerian's Human Resources Strategic Enough? (1147 Views)

Which University In Nigeria Offers Human Resources . / How Relevant Are Nigerian Professional Bodies / Are Nigerian 'Graduates' Really Graduates? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerian's Human Resources Strategic Enough? by Dewalex(m): 4:25pm On Mar 10, 2006
Can we say our human resources in Nigeria are strategic enough to face Global challenges as a result of Globalisation?
Re: Are Nigerian's Human Resources Strategic Enough? by Seun(m): 9:08pm On Mar 10, 2006
I find the question very abstract. I'm interested in learning why you want to know the answer to this question!
Re: Are Nigerian's Human Resources Strategic Enough? by raldsfield(m): 9:17pm On Mar 10, 2006
Looks like a project topic or a market research topic.

Bro's my advice is that you perpare a questionnaire and send to all the MD's in 5 start companies

they will give you a more valid answer cool
Re: Are Nigerian's Human Resources Strategic Enough? by Dewalex(m): 10:01pm On Mar 10, 2006
Its actually a question open for discussion but I came about the topic when I looked at the way we manage things and resources inĀ  Nigeria
raldsfield:

Looks like a project topic or a market research topic.

Bro's my advice is that you perpare a questionnaire and send to all the MD's in 5 start companies

they will give you a more valid answer cool
Re: Are Nigerian's Human Resources Strategic Enough? by Dewalex(m): 10:05pm On Mar 10, 2006
I dont think its abstractive, its just about the way we manage resources in Nigeria both human and material .
Seun:

I find the question very abstract. I'm interested in learning why you want to know the answer to this question!
Re: Are Nigerian's Human Resources Strategic Enough? by raldsfield(m): 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2006
Well money is not spent on training staff, and the Universities are not giving graduates challenges in school.

I don't think Nigerian's Human Resources Strategic enough. Their no training and no emphasis on customer service. Hope my answer inspires
Re: Are Nigerian's Human Resources Strategic Enough? by chy(f): 11:10am On Mar 15, 2006
no because our schools are not producing graduates with more practical experience,
lecturers not been encouraged such that research work are relegated to the background
then coming to our companies they don't send their human capital to relevant training their more
concerned with the profit not putting into consideration
that human capital plays are crucial role
and will help them be in line with globalization for instance how many junior workers in aparticular company are computer literate maybe 30% which is too low
Re: Are Nigerian's Human Resources Strategic Enough? by SeunO(m): 12:30pm On May 10, 2006
I think the major problem with Human resource practise in Nigeria, is that the vast majority of Nigerian companies don't view their HR depts as a strategic tool. It is my belief that GREAT people is the single most important factor for organisational success. The earlier we stop to regard HR as the "hire, fire & payroll" department, the better it will be for Nigerian companies.
Re: Are Nigerian's Human Resources Strategic Enough? by Dauda(m): 8:11am On May 29, 2006
Given the resources available to HR managers and strategists in Nigeria, I give them A for their projection, management and development of HR in Nigeria. Apart from the multinationals that invest in strategic HR practices, most Nigeria companies do not yet realize how productivity and efficiency can be enhanced by putting the right people in the right positions. As such there is little or no budget allocation for T&D. If you want your workers to be up to date with the ever changing technology in the global work place, we need to do a little more than we are doing right now in investing in personnel development and enhancement. The short answer to your question therefore is that we need more trained strategists in Nigeria to help develop our work force for them to have the ability to compete globally.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Still Make It / is it 4 real / BIOCHEMISTRY GRADUATES Meet Here Let's Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.