Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,534 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? (18411 Views)

Why CBN Extended BVN Registration Deadline To Oct 31 / Top 22 Richest People In Nigeria 2011 / Ghanaian, 31, Pulls Off Britain's Biggest Banking Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by carik(m): 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2011
[color=#990000][/color]    they are jus gon replace it wit 4 wheel ride.Op didnt include dat, well its js d cost of changing, They shuld plan dat too o
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by youngmonie: 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2011
Im sure this is a very big  joke, if not this will even make many people poorer than they already have!. Cmmon this is someone's source of income to feed his family pay his kids school fees, and if they take this out what become of such people. There are millions of them lagos alone not to even talk of nationally.!! Buh im pretty sure its was some sort of mistake or something
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by naso2(m): 5:18pm On Dec 02, 2011
Superking:

The man with the real gist, please tell us.

You are offended that people called GEJ names, yet branded them "illiterates" for expressing their views. Too bad!

Kindly point where/how i branded people that expressed their views illiterates. ABI COMPRHENSION NA PROBLEM HERE?

Oga i no know the real gist, but from the posts i see, none even has it. so is it not wise for people to exercise some caution or atleast someone quoting  the report verbatim for us to see the picture clearer?
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by efisher(m): 5:19pm On Dec 02, 2011
In fact, I can bet 1 million dollars that this will not work.

The only thing that can make sense is if all motorbikes will now be produced locally and imports stopped. We may be misunderstanding this as someone else said earlier.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by UyiIredia(m): 5:20pm On Dec 02, 2011
I hope this is a joke.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by onyekabe(m): 5:20pm On Dec 02, 2011
Haha Haha i laugh the most wicked laugh of my life. If they ban okada nation wide then many people will be jobless. Hence resulting to more  crime. Do the got know the no of people that ride bike. I am a bike rider i have hnd in public admin what will people in this category do
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Yorisb: 5:21pm On Dec 02, 2011
na_so:

Nigeria has too many senseless literates.

If educated people act as rascals on the web , for a story they still dont have full grasp of, then how should the illitrate okada man react.

People are just posting rubbish and calling GEJ names without understanding what the new law covers.
Natasha,,:

really for something someone clearly heard over the news so we shouldn't comment on it? Mind you motorcycles have been banned in some areas already , I hope you haven't forgotten that

blink182:

Just saw †ђξ full report. It is 2 stroke motorcycle
engine with incomplete combustion that has been
banned to be replaced by 4 stroke engine
motorcycles. Okada man is still very much in
business.
Its their motorcycles that needs to be
changed.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by efisher(m): 5:24pm On Dec 02, 2011
Let's get this clear. What has been banned? The USE of or the IMPORTATION of motorbikes?
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 5:26pm On Dec 02, 2011
Lets wait and see what happens on january 1st
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by chiteny(m): 5:28pm On Dec 02, 2011
Four stroke motor bikes are faster than the two stroke motor bikes. I just have the feeling it will only motivate and enhance people with criminal tendencies as they will tend to escape faster than if they use two stroke bikes. undecided
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by cardoso111(m): 5:30pm On Dec 02, 2011
That's the greatest joke of the year 2011 because over 70 percent of the so called disguised employed are okada riders;look for another joke
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by MissEZ(f): 5:32pm On Dec 02, 2011
Okay so they are replacing the 2 combustion machines with 4 combustion ones. My question is can the okada rides trade in their older motocycles for the new one's, or do they need to come up with money to buy the new one's? what will be done with the older machines? I am sure there is a crony of his somewhere that stands to benefit from this scheme.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by 9jaman007: 5:33pm On Dec 02, 2011
Ban okada = a more sane road = less avoidable accident = difficulty getting to some places = increase in boko haram members
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by eros(m): 5:37pm On Dec 02, 2011
9jaman007:

Ban okada = a more sane road = less avoidable accident = difficulty getting to some places = increase in boko haram members

Ban okada = a more sane road = less avoidable accident = difficulty getting to some places = increase in boko haram members = increase in armed robbery = unsafe society = more angry folks walking the streets.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by onyekabe(m): 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2011
Though some people are supporting the ban on okada claiming that okada has claimed many life. I want to assure you many more lives will be loss. I am okada rider i know what i an saying these okada riders will bring the nation down. Point of note okada employed over 1/3 Nigerian workforce.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by ibide(m): 5:41pm On Dec 02, 2011
It is going to be a criminal law to make okada reading a criminal offence lets wath & see though i did not have okada neither any of nuclae family but i will be among those that wil take to the street for protest if no i guess those victim of secustances (ban) expecialy aboki in lagos & all  the northan state are going to rob in dayl-ight pls let save our soul [/sub][list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list][sub]
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Niseamaka(m): 5:42pm On Dec 02, 2011
Superking:

The man with the real gist, please tell us.

You are offended that people called GEJ names, yet branded them "illiterates" for expressing their views.  Too bad!

WE ALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPRESS OURSELVES,BUT WE HAVE TO DO SO BASED ON FACTS,NOT ON RUMOURS,OR FALSEHOODS.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Ndkings1(m): 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2011
That is imposible.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by 195(f): 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2011
Aro Okigbo:

Let him also ban cars so that everyone will start using bicycles. We need the fuel for our generators!

[size=48pt]FALLS FROM PALM TREE [/size]
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by savesoul(m): 5:52pm On Dec 02, 2011
can't imagine myself going to ikotun in a car by evening.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Jencejyde(m): 5:58pm On Dec 02, 2011
Na today!
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by sulad82i(m): 5:59pm On Dec 02, 2011
Only God knows how this will end cos it will result in massive unemployment. I hope the guys does not turn to become armed robbers instead.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by freepeople: 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2011
he he he! I neva knew many NLers hop on bike. FYI, nothing will happen if okada is banned and any cretin that steps out to protest will be met by hot leads. Naija armed forces has enough arms to go round half the its population and enough amunitions to liquidate 10x its population. You want one Nigeria abi? Let's sit and enjoy it. Naija sweet!
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by swiftycool(m): 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2011
Hahahaha! the mumus who voted a non-performing dullard cos he had no shoe are now crying after he proved himself dumber than they exected; why not go back to the pastor that recommended him to pray he grows a brain?
u guys havnt started, lucky joe will show u more pepper 4 d next 3 and a half yrs u will wish u werent Nigerian. when we were warning u, u didnt listen, SHUT UP & enjoy it!
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Cupidkc(m): 6:23pm On Dec 02, 2011
Just heard this on radio. Are we truly practicing federalism in this country. How can he (GEJ) decide for the states.
And What is the alternative for the riders. Or maybe they should go to Aso rock for a political appointment. Lol.

Well, okada was long banned in aba,owerri and ph.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by okadaman2: 6:35pm On Dec 02, 2011
There will be blood angry
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 02, 2011
Haven't these people been surviving before the advent of Okada?
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by IYANGBALI: 6:38pm On Dec 02, 2011
this yeye govt na real yeye,see unemployment everywhere  and dis yeye govt still wan ban wok created by people for themselves,no now army robber and kidnappers go enter naija big time hisses and walks away
all4naija:

stfu i no blame you you get one yeye wok for hand.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by Sike(m): 6:43pm On Dec 02, 2011
all4naija:

Buh can u compare the economic of THEN with NOW?
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by ilorinboy: 6:50pm On Dec 02, 2011
i pray those of you who voted are reaping wat u sowed, i love nigerians
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by abhosts(m): 6:51pm On Dec 02, 2011
If it is true, the State Governors would have been duly consulted and they would have agreed to the move.
Re: Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? by DereI(f): 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2011
This is a wicked act. Cutting a man from his source of income? Consciously ridding a man from his daily bread? This is so sad. I see so many okada men as they struggle under the scorching sun and heavy rain to make a living rather than get involved in unlawful acts. And now what does the FGs expect them to eat from? I feel for the Okada riders and i pity this country. Heads will start again to roll and armed robbery will increase again. Oh God, deliver us from evil!!!  cry cry cry First it was breaking of shops and houses, now its banning of Okada riders. Let us see what's next.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stock Exchange Rally: Dangote Makes $1.1bn In Six Days / My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones / Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.