Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,284 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Why Do People Think They Are Getting A Good Deal With Hitv? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Do People Think They Are Getting A Good Deal With Hitv? (1428 Views)

Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better / Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Think They Are Getting A Good Deal With Hitv? by suprted(m): 8:51am On Sep 26, 2007
i couldn't sleep last night, and i was just thinking about shit in general and it occured to me that on HITv, subscribers are paying 4000 naira a month for 23 or so channels at best. most of which are not 24 hours.

1. Sky News OK
2. God TV OK
3. BBC Wprld OK
4. EuroSport News OK
5. Hi Sports Scrambled
6. Hi Soccer OK (looses signal occasionally though)
7. Hi Sports 2 OK (though no programming most of the time, except there are simultaneous matches showing)
8. Hi Nolly OK (but not 24 hours programming)
9. Hi kids OK (but not 24 hours programming)
10. Hi Life Scrambled
11. E! OK (looses signal occasionally though)
12. Nickelodeon OK

Here is a list of some of the channels. maybe someone can furnish the full bouquet.

now take DSTv, which has been castigated for oppressing the common man, blah blah blah blah. they charge 9000 a month, but can we agree that you are getting more bang for your buck? DSTv has at least twice as many channels as HiTv, so at the very least the costs average to the same amount or close the same amout per channel. now i've seen it said that HITv is for soccer lovers, but soccer is not the only sport in the world. what if i wanted to watch the rugby world cup. what if i wanted to watch tennis, did hitv carry the usopen? will hitv carry the olympics next year? am i really going to shell out 4000 naira for only soccer coverage? at least on SS3 when they start to show for example liverpool and reading or ajax cape town and supersport united for the 100th time or so that week, you can switch to something else, watch a movie, a documentary, a music video or hell another sport. can viewers of hitv really honestly say that they are getting value for money?

(1) (Reply)

About Scriptwriting / Nigeria Threatens To Ban Big Brother Africa III For Immorality / Peaktalentshow: Interesting! What Is Your Take About It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.