Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,078 members, 7,957,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:27 AM

Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? (25132 Views)

Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? / If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On / Living The Fasted Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by Joagbaje(m): 8:57am On Dec 10, 2011
@obowumi

obowunmi:

14 days no food only water.

Thanks for your contribution . Your fasting got my attention , are you serious ? 14 days without food and WATER? Pls break it down for us . How did you do it? Have you had some lesser fastings before ? Or you just did it first time? Some people will want to learn and. E encourage by your experience . How did you handle the thirst and hunger? Thanks
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by obowunmi(m): 2:49pm On Dec 10, 2011
Joagbaje:

@obowumi

Thanks for your contribution . Your fasting got my attention , are you serious ? 14 days without food and WATER? Pls break it down for us . How did you do it? Have you had some lesser fastings before ? Or you just did it first time? Some people will want to learn and. E encourage by your experience . How did you handle the thirst and hunger? Thanks

My parents always made me fast when I was young, undecided undecided undecided undecided
In 2005, I completed a three-day fast without water or food, that was an experience, I felt soo weak and delusional

BRB**
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 10, 2011
obowunmi:

My parents always made me fast when I was young, undecided undecided undecided undecided

lol, Child Abuse or poverty? Pick one because no rational human lets a kid starve fast.

obowunmi:

In 2005, I completed a three-day fast without water or food, that was an experience, I felt soo weak and delusional
Delusional? You mean you felt the anointing of the holy spirit. Holy spirit= delusion

Ok, go back to swapping tales and tips of voluntary starvation.
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by sovpounds(m): 5:11pm On Dec 10, 2011
I usually engage in dry fasting i.e no food and no water. I have not engaged in fasting and drinking water so I dont know how it feels. When I fast the only water that touches my tongue is when I brush my teeth. I usually fast from 6am till 6pm, sometimes I start at 6am on maybe a Monday and break at 6pm on Tuesday (no food and no water). Sometimes I start at 6am on maybe a Monday and break at 6pm on Wednesday (no food and no water).

The longest fast I have engaged in was 4 days of no food and no water and I did it twice in 10 days in October 2010. Then it was a desperate fast because I was in trouble, I really knocked loudly on heavens door and God selected me to be among the people that he would show mercy on whom he would show mercy according to his word in Exodus 33:19. I didnt deserve the mercy of God because I committed a shipload of sins but God used that experience to draw me closer to him. I was supposed to be punished on earth for what I did, but during this intense fasting and prayer I invoked the word of God in Jeremiah 16:16 and asked God to send for many fishers to fish them, and send for many hunters to hunt them and God answered my prayer even though I did not deserve an answered prayer.

I admit I have drifted away from God and as a result I find it difficult to fast as much as I used to in 2010. Sometimes I ask myself is it because I was in trouble and was desperate I fasted like that? I feel bad and I have decided to retrace my steps back to the most high. What God did for me in November 2010 would forever remain in my memory till I depart this earth.

Thank you Lord!!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by newmi(m): 10:25am On Dec 11, 2011
Martian:

lol, Child Abuse or poverty? Pick one because no rational human lets a kid starve fast.
Delusional? You mean you felt the anointing of the holy spirit. Holy spirit= delusion
Young man, there are so many things you can joke about but making a joke about the Holy Spirit is not accepted at all

1 Like

Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by Joagbaje(m): 7:55am On Dec 14, 2011
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by obowunmi(m): 1:38pm On Aug 06, 2012
I recently did 7 days no water or food and that sent me to the hospital.

Fasting can be very dangerous.
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by obowunmi(m): 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2012
The first day is easy because you still have some energy from food for the previous days.
The second day, your stomach begins to rumble.
The third day, you literally have no strength -- what keeps you going to your desire and passion to ask God for strength and maybe that which inspired the fast in the first place.
The forth day, the word of God becomes your food.
The fifth day, you probably sleep a lot, you can't speak....prayer at this point is your only strength
The sixth day, you might get dizzy and very weak
The seventh day...at 6pm when you break. Any food you eat comes right out so be sure to eat food that is NOT acidic or too pepperish.

Break the fast in bits. smiley

1 Like

Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by OmoAlata(f): 1:34pm On Sep 07, 2012
The longest I've gone without food nor water is 3 days. I've done this twice and both times, the 2nd day was the hardest shocked

On the 3rd day, the roof of my mouth hurt so badly that I could only sip warm water and not eat much smiley

The longest fast is the one MFM is doing right now. 70 days non-stop. It's not so bad though as Mondays and Fridays we break at 5p.m; all other days at 2p.m. wink

1 Like

Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by Sweetnecta: 3:40pm On Sep 07, 2012
Arent you guys making up your own religion, instead of the religion from God wit His Ruling on fasting?

Omo alata and the other guy above, you see how dangerous it is to create your own process of fasting?

God will never burden any soul more than it can bear, the reason fasting is just before doawn to just after sunset.

Please dont kill yourself because ignorance will terminate life for no beneficial reason.
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by ijawkid(m): 8:59am On Sep 08, 2012
obowunmi: I recently did 7 days no water or food and that sent me to the hospital.

Fasting can be very dangerous.

Lol.......

Fasting is not mandatory,neither is it a precept that christians must follow strictly in order to be approved by GOD.....

Fasting shuld be by choice...and it shuld not be announced.....members of a church are not be coerced into fasting...parents shuld nt coerce there kids too into fasting....

Lastly::::::....fastings shuld not be announced...it shuld be done secretly....and no one shuld knw u did fast except the Father...

Shikena!!!!

1 Like

Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by OmoAlata(f): 9:27am On Sep 08, 2012
ijawkid:

Fasting is not mandatory,neither is it a precept that christians must follow strictly in order to be approved by GOD.....

Fasting shuld be by choice...and it shuld not be announced.....members of a church are not be coerced into fasting...

Oh believe me. During the last dry fast announced in the church when we held our Deliverance Service, not everyone observed it as it should have been done. People openly said they drank water and/or ate so nobody can be forced to do anything wink
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by obowunmi(m): 10:59am On Sep 08, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol.......

Fasting shuld be by choice...and it shuld not be announced.....members of a church are not be coerced into fasting...parents shuld nt coerce there kids too into fasting....

Lastly::::::....fastings shuld not be announced...it shuld be done secretly....and no one shuld knw u did fast except the Father...

Shikena!!!!

Jesus fasted for 40 days and 40 nights. The bible records it - so I know.

1 Like

Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by ijawkid(m): 11:06am On Sep 08, 2012
obowunmi:

Jesus fasted for 40 days and 40 nights. The bible records it - so I know.

Jesus did fast I know..

But did he command his followers to fast??

Now that's d question u shuld ask urself,,...

Fasting is optional not mandatory....

And it shuldnt be done publicly...

I believe when Jesus fasted no one saw Him,....he fasted in secret .....
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by obowunmi(m): 11:16am On Sep 08, 2012
You are making your subjective comment based upon your interpretation of the biblicl book. Nothing makes your statement true or correct.
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by obowunmi(m): 11:18am On Sep 08, 2012
Where in my statement have I said Jesus commanded anyone to do anything? Even to pray or follow Jesus is not by force.

But Jesus remains an example for Christians.

1 Like

Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by ijawkid(m): 12:06pm On Sep 08, 2012
obowunmi: You are making your subjective comment based upon your interpretation of the biblicl book. Nothing makes your statement true or correct.

Nope dear...

Jesus did advice his disciples on the principals of fasting....if u read them u'll have to agree with me.....

Fasting shuld be done in sÉcret...between u and GOd just as Jesus did....

It means when I fast d next person shuld not know I did.....its to be done in secret....

And also it is not mandatory to fast....

Those are my points......
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by obowunmi(m): 12:38pm On Sep 08, 2012
ijawkid:

Nope dear...

Jesus did advice his disciples on the principals of fasting....if u read them u'll have to agree with me.....

It means when I fast d next person shuld not know I did.....its to be done in secret....

Are you gay? Who are you calling dear??

You are basing your comment on subjectivity. No point arguing with you - keep twisting and creation your own interpretation of the bible.
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by ijawkid(m): 3:22pm On Sep 08, 2012
obowunmi:

Are you gay? Who are you calling dear??

You are basing your comment on subjectivity. No point arguing with you - keep twisting and creation your own interpretation of the bible.

Lol....

Sorry I was sleeping and typing.......

Its not my interpretation...

If u want me to quote scriptures here I'll start doing that...

Ready??
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by k2039: 6:57pm On Sep 08, 2012
mine 3 days,no water and food
Midnight of the second night,I was so weak
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by obowunmi(m): 7:27pm On Sep 08, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol....

Sorry I was sleeping and typing.......

Its not my interpretation...

If u want me to quote scriptures here I'll start doing that...

Ready??

Hehehehehe.....
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by Gbenge77(m): 10:37am On Oct 29, 2013
ijawkid:

Nope dear...

its actually mandatory for christians.
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by toygod2: 6:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
omo na last year o. 6-6. I wan die grin grin
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by babystathopoulos: 8:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
This thread was suppose to be personal detailed experiences of the longest time you have fasted,how you did it and what changed in your life.
Nobody is saying full experience to inspire others including mi.
I find it difficult to do dry fasting for more than a day even when am determined to, the second day I feel miserable and useless cos I am too weak to do anything even to pray, so I have to take something.
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by ByfireByfire: 2:59am On Jul 21, 2014
Fasting is necessary & mandatory.There are situations that if you fail to fast,there will be a major or permanent damage,loss or horror.Fasting effectively done averts lots of these.

However fasting requires wisdom,grace & tact.It is a very delicate matter that if not handled aright can cause health problems especially while breaking.
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by ByfireByfire: 3:09am On Jul 21, 2014
Breaking a fast requires the most utmost care.It should begin with hours of water & must by all means exclude anything acidic or hard to the stomach & intestines because they are so tender like that of a baby after long or moderate long fasts.

Some break with orange which is acidic & thats where you hear people say that they got ulcer from fasting.The acid erodes the lining of the small intestine which is already very weak & tender from the fast.If you choose orange,the squeese into a cup & dilute with lots of water.

After hours of water should be non acidic fruit like pawpaw.If its soup then it has to be vegetable soup with little or no pepper.
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by cyorozco: 4:22am On Jan 21, 2015
I feel God calling me on a no food no water 40 day fast with no contact with water at all. Which means no showers, brushing teeth, washing hands. Where is this in the word? the part of no showers, etc.? Really need an answer asap! Also, Im going to be preaching His coming in the streets and not staying in a home but basically going homeless. I have to say also I live in Tucson Arizona. God is good and I believe He wont ask me to do something that would hurt me but Im trying to see if He has ever called others to not shower etc. for that long.
I just want to know that I am going to be safe without taking showers etc for 40 days.
Jesus is coming soon! God bless yoU!
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by fragrant(f): 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
Beautiful thread.
Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by onitshaman: 6:21pm On Nov 30, 2019
Joagbaje:

Some Christians break their fasting by 3 pm or 6pm some even break it by 12noon!. While some others fast for a day ,some 3 days and one 7 days . Ive heard some fast for 40 days just like Moses,Elijah and Jesus. We hear others warn against long fasting.

I know some Christians love to fast but need some encouragement from those who have experienced fasting. I want us to relate our personal experiences here On what fasting has done to you, and how long your fast s lasted and the different results . This testimonies are to encourage the faith of others. We have read books on tastings but nothing can be more edifying than real life experience of others.

Personally I've not done a 40 day fast as some have but I desire to. I will like those who have done such to relate their experiences so that we can learn from them.

Either your fast is long or short ,pls share your testimony. Let's know how you did it and what benefit was it to you.
3days dry

1 Like

Re: Fasting : Your Personal Experience, What's The Longest Time You Have Fasted? by onitshaman: 6:28pm On Nov 30, 2019
mabell:
30 days is my longest so far
i did deliverance in MFM and it was wonderful.in MFM deliverance.fasting is 3days dry,no food,no water,nothing for 3whole days,but after it,my life changed for the best,God delivered me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari’ll Deliver On Campaign Promises – Kumuyi / Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? / Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.