Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos (22122 Views)

World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos / World Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos / Do You Kow The Largest Church Auditorium In The World Is In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by nelsondgod(m): 7:36pm On Dec 06, 2011
I wonder when we will start appreciating things done for God.
Noone complains when a 100,000 capacity stadium or theatre is been built,but we complain when a church is too big or beautiful. Im very happy for this development. Glory to God.
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by jawjaw1: 7:39pm On Dec 06, 2011
Congrats to them. But my question is how are they going to clean it? How are they going to maintain this structure?
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by nelsondgod(m): 7:40pm On Dec 06, 2011
I wonder when we will start appreciating things done for God.
Noone complains when a 100,000 capacity stadium or theatre is been built,but we complain when a church is too big or beautiful. Im very happy for this development. Glory to God.
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by babsmii(m): 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2011
jaw jaw:

Congrats to them. But my question is how are they going to clean it? How are they going to maintain this structure?

leave it to them na, how about a soccer stadia. which is more expensive to maintain, abi u dey find work
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by drstan(m): 8:49pm On Dec 06, 2011
Bashy.demy@if u said waste of land ,na u buy the land 4 them make una fedra govmnt go buy land way them go use, useless complain. ,.@and about the cleaning it wil be a source of employment,
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by LagosShia: 9:00pm On Dec 06, 2011
[b]i for one know that figuratively the number of churches in Lagos far exceeds the number of christians in Lagos.

you just need to take a look in commercial areas and even rich residential areas like banana island and the lekki expressway.you actually see tens of churches before you can spot a Masjid.along the lekki expressway for instance,you dont see a masjid visibly from the expressway but you see many churches.the very beautiful lekki central mosque is built inwards.also,leaving the murtala int'l. airport,there was the church.it was later that a masjid was built by its side to balanace the image representation of nigeria.

i hope muslims are not sleeping while the christian missionaries are giving nigeria a false image of a "christian country".

let the muslims in nigeria wake up and BUILD THE LARGEST MASJID (MOSQUE) IN THE WORLD IN LAGOS,IN YORUBALAND.That would be a direct message that the dream of a "christian south" is a wet-dream fantasy for the missionaries that is false.i know among the muslims,we have generous men who are rich and capable of undertaking such project.so please they should come forth to BUILD THE LARGEST MOSQUE IN THE WORLD IN LAGOS.also,i encourage muslims to open facebook groups and pages calling for the construction of the LARGEST MASJID IN THE WORLD IN LAGOS.

christians keep building churches while they have more than enough.while muslims spread their mats outside mosques and unto the streets to pray on fridays because of lack of space.that is unfair.muslims should wake up!!!
[/b]
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by bashydemy(m): 9:14pm On Dec 06, 2011
Yea masha Allahu God will make it possible
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by LagosShia: 9:17pm On Dec 06, 2011
bashy_demy:

ameen!
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 06, 2011
LagosShia:

christians keep building churches while they have more than enough.while muslims spread their mats outside mosques and unto the streets to pray on fridays because of lack of space.that is unfair.muslims should wake up!!!

who stopped muslims from building a bigger mosque? grin Stop complaining and go dig the foundations my friend.
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by numo86(m): 10:52pm On Dec 06, 2011
I knw there's actualy no problem wit buildin a place for worship, but my question is will this building make some few persons rich?, that is d serious problem we r havin in nigeria, d prime reason why churches and there buldings want to choke us is jus to make money, every1 wants to run his/her own empire, peddling Gods word, oyedepo had d biggest wit 50k capacity,now is this 1, well no wahala, let us all take to heart that peddlers of Gods word wil nt inherit Gods kingdom, let us also note that those who think d evangelizing work is for material gains are nt nearin heaven, d bible has said it and it stands till d end,
***All materially rich pastors and bishops take note***
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by billyG(m): 10:56pm On Dec 06, 2011
I think we need more factories on every street corners not gigantic churches we already have enough already. cry cry cry cry
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by ibide(m): 11:01pm On Dec 06, 2011
I think thi muslem people lack sence. Are u people fools? Why cant u build your what ever and live we christain alone ? Dont u know that we are the light of the nation ? Also the salt of the nation ? No matter how muslem try thy cannot meet us [sub][/sub]
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by theseeker2: 11:24pm On Dec 06, 2011
ibide:

I think thi muslem people lack sence. Are u people fools? Why cant u build your what ever and live we christain alone ? Dont u know that we are the light of the nation ? Also the salt of the nation ? No matter how muslem try thy cannot meet us [sub][/sub]
Listen to this capentar worshiper
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by amor4ce(m): 11:30pm On Dec 06, 2011
Isn't there only one place and centre of worship, Jerusalem, which will be restored when HE comes to collect HIS people? If so, what is the point of erecting the largest church buildings? Shouldn't we be seeking for HIM to allow us worship HIM in HIS Kingdom when HE comes?

Also, how does the TAC plan to handle commuter and vehicular traffic?
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Ileya: 1:15am On Dec 07, 2011
This is actually quite a huge setuo requiring some serious infrastructure - toilets, health & safety issues, emergency exits, fire prevention. The local traffic situation also needs to be factored in. I trust they ran some thorough computer simulations on the operations and there exist an ample water supply into the establishment, and not just some borehole!

Think of Wembly and the number of toilet facilities there, with an infinite water supply and guaranteed continuous electricity power supply, transportation facility to and fro, car parking facility. On average, fans arrive 1 hour before the game, 2 hours elapsed time for the game itself and 1 hour for all to depart. One must allocate 8 hours for a visit to this church.

The building is located on a road which is a major exit from Lagos to Ibadan and beyond, the North, East etc. To locate a building of this size with such demanding transporting does not seem very wise. Lastly, but not the least, what about those church visitors who need to return to Lagos after the service. Does there exist an underpass/overpass to allow them to conveniently perform a U-turn. I have witnessed some horrific atempts at U-turns on the 'Expressways' in Nigeria, not a pretty site.
I see a horror in the making here. A very large black spot as just been created.
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Nobody: 4:50am On Dec 07, 2011
Building a 100,000 capacity church is not a "thing" for God. Channeling some of the billions of Naira made by "churches" in Nigeria towards charity, helping the poor, building hospitals, building orphanages, building schools (not 350k per year tuition universities); will be "doing for God". How many of these churches actually give to the society? So I don't really see why this should be celebrated, when some of that money could be used to help people in need.
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Jenifa1: 4:57am On Dec 07, 2011
hope there are enough fire exits.
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Nobody: 4:58am On Dec 07, 2011
Also, if the church truly had the intentions of spreading the word of God when embarking on this kind of project, they would have split the money to build 10 smaller size churches across the country, so the gospel spreads well.
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Demdem(m): 5:26am On Dec 07, 2011
numo86:

I knw there's actualy no problem wit buildin a place for worship, but my question is will this building make some few persons rich?, that is d serious problem we r havin in nigeria, d prime reason why churches and there buldings want to choke us is jus to make money, every1 wants to run his/her own empire, peddling Gods word, oyedepo had d biggest wit 50k capacity,now is this 1, well no wahala, let us all take to heart that peddlers of Gods word wil nt inherit Gods kingdom, let us also note that those who think d evangelizing work is for material gains are nt nearin heaven, d bible has said it and it stands till d end,
***All materially rich pastors and bishops take note***

With due respect to bishop Oyedepo, the way winners and TAC are administered is different. Leadership hierarchy / selection probably also. The mere fact that it took 25yrs to complete even probably before winners started speaks volume to. I appreciate the commitment. A church filled with money bags shouldn't wait for such years to complete this edifice.
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Demdem(m): 5:31am On Dec 07, 2011
billyG:

I think we need more factories on every street corners not gigantic churches we already have enough already. cry cry cry cry

I desire that also but remember that this project commenced when the nigerian economy was the toast of all nations. Blame our political leaders for where we are now. TAC shouldn't be blamed for that.
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Demdem(m): 5:45am On Dec 07, 2011
Ileya:

This is actually quite a huge setuo requiring some serious infrastructure - toilets, health & safety issues, emergency exits, fire prevention. The local traffic situation also needs to be factored in. I trust they ran some thorough computer simulations on the operations and there exist an ample water supply into the establishment, and not just some borehole!

Think of Wembly and the number of toilet facilities there, with an infinite water supply and guaranteed continuous electricity power supply, transportation facility to and fro, car parking facility. On average, fans arrive 1 hour before the game, 2 hours elapsed time for the game itself and 1 hour for all to depart. One must allocate 8 hours for a visit to this church.

The building is located on a road which is a major exit from Lagos to Ibadan and beyond, the North, East etc. To locate a building of this size with such demanding transporting does not seem very wise. Lastly, but not the least, what about those church visitors who need to return to Lagos after the service. Does there exist an underpass/overpass to allow them to conveniently perform a U-turn. I have witnessed some horrific atempts at U-turns on the 'Expressways' in Nigeria, not a pretty site.
I see a horror in the making here. A very large black spot as just been created.

Infact, more than enough facilities will need to be placed inside that building. I hope government agencies did inspect and approve the building before sanctioning it for purpose.
The info I got (stand to be corrected if untrue) suggests to me that there is another smaller church inside that same compound where worshippers have been worshipping for years. The new temple will be used for special services and occasions or combined services. TAC already have hundreds/thousands of churches already in lagos where worshippers still worship.
The issue about traffic will probably be an occassional challenge. Even before now even before the advent of all other camps on this road, TAC has been receiving hundreds of thousands of worshippers yearly on this same ground. It's an occassional challenge that is surmountable. No cause for alarm.
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Demdem(m): 5:49am On Dec 07, 2011
nwanna89:

Also, if the church truly had the intentions of spreading the word of God when embarking on this kind of project, they would have split the money to build 10 smaller size churches across the country, so the gospel spreads well.

TAC has many of those churches even in the remotest villages scattered all over the country. Even in fishermen enclave in ND here, u will see TAC. I learnt some of their churches were burnt in the north. Can't confirm that oooo.
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by numo86(m): 6:48am On Dec 07, 2011
@demdem, i understand ur point, bt also know were i'm comin from, let d buildin nt make some few persons millionaires, d older churches hav less materially rich clerics, but the recent pentecostal churches are all out for there own empire to milk there members dry, they commercialize Gods message,build buildins that will attract customers,then from there build schools and other firms for themselves, some even build micro finance banks, i fear for 9ja, this whole church everywere drama will finally drive many to atheism, becos d churches r absolutely nt affectn d lives of d attendants, rather is impoverishin and leavin many deluded, its purely business, imagine a church programme will have 1 of its parts as " BUSINESS SUMMIT", its crasy, d churches r now business centers or business schools, they train a wide range of materialistik beings who cant draw d line between contentment and love for money, they claim to perform miracles and have led many to hospital beds wit there sicknesses worse than what it was before, let us always remember that commersialism of evangelism leads to destruction & also those professed men of god who gain riches from there flocks are headin for destruction, d bible said it, 1 day dey come wen all of these wil end, Jesus wil ask them if this was d work he rili sent them,
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Joagbaje(m): 6:50am On Dec 07, 2011
@Afam4ever

That chruch doesn't look like the largest in the world. Ho[b]w exactly did they come to this conclusion[/b]?

yongii cho in south korea has largest single congregation in the world, the attendance is well over a million worshipers. but they have no building for that crowd.
The largest built church has been winners chapel in otta which seats 50,000 people. So if its true that TAC can seat 100,000 people then it should be the current largest church biulding in the world.
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Ideyontop: 8:40am On Dec 07, 2011
congratulations to the apostolic church,the church is marching on!
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Pain(m): 8:48am On Dec 07, 2011
Instead of Building Factories and Hospitals, We pride ourselves in building churches and trading in hope. Merchants of Hope!!
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Holadokun(m): 9:26am On Dec 07, 2011
WORLD RECORD[b][/b]
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by chux76(m): 9:42am On Dec 07, 2011
ANOTHER MEGA STRUCTURE AGAIN!!!! Arrant NONSENSE!!!!
What is/are churches and their wealth INFLUENCED THOUGHTS TURNING INTO THESE DAYSIn the midst of HUNGER,UNEMPLOYMENT,LACK OF SHELTER, et al in the country,we want to proud ourselves with this? Gosh,sometimes I rethink what we Christians deem PROPER,or from what perspective we look at life and our brothers and sisters,I ASK: WHERE IS THE LOVE,How would that structure commute the mass unemployment and hunger in the land,we Nigerians are such gullible people.
Try preaching to a HUNGRY MAN and see what his ANGER would do to you. Abeg abeg abeg, make we talk something better, pschewwwww!!!
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 07, 2011
This building was actually inspired by God, that we sud build a temple where his people 4rm over 40 con3 wud b able 2 come together under d same roof 2 worship Him. So, stop posting rubbish on dis thread jst because ur leaders r nt doing d right thing.
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by kooto(m): 12:28pm On Dec 07, 2011
good atleast more people will be accomodated comfortably during service, it's not all about money, that's how i see it.
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Judek2(m): 1:07pm On Dec 07, 2011
LagosShia:

[b]i for one know that figuratively the number of churches in Lagos far exceeds the number of christians in Lagos.

you just need to take a look in commercial areas and even rich residential areas like banana island and the lekki expressway.you actually see tens of churches before you can spot a Masjid.along the lekki expressway for instance,you dont see a masjid visibly from the expressway but you see many churches.the very beautiful lekki central mosque is built inwards.also,leaving the murtala int'l. airport,there was the church.it was later that a masjid was built by its side to balanace the image representation of nigeria.

i hope muslims are not sleeping while the christian missionaries are giving nigeria a false image of a "christian country".

let the muslims in nigeria wake up and BUILD THE LARGEST MASJID (MOSQUE) IN THE WORLD IN LAGOS,IN YORUBALAND.That would be a direct message that the dream of a "christian south" is a wet-dream fantasy for the missionaries that is false.i know among the muslims,we have generous men who are rich and capable of undertaking such project.so please they should come forth to BUILD THE LARGEST MOSQUE IN THE WORLD IN LAGOS.also,i encourage muslims to open facebook groups and pages calling for the construction of the LARGEST MASJID IN THE WORLD IN LAGOS.

[/b]

Hahahaha,my Muslim friend is complaining. Why critisizing and protesting at the same time. .Go and complain to your Mallams.

[/quote][quote author=bashy_demy link=topic=818598.msg9709161#msg9709161 date=1323202477]

So na jealousy dey worry you before.
You said waste of land now you are saying God will make the largest mosque possible. FUNNY MUSLIMS. 

@all, if you say factories and schools and hospitals should be built instead of churches, tell that to the Government,this is not a Government building but a private effort.
Haters and pretenders,the Pope and world leaders will appreciate this more than Nigerians.
If Boko Haram burn down ten Churches,twenty will be built. If they destroy smaller churches, Larger one will be built,and now, the Largest in the whole wild world cheesy .
This shows that JESUS IS LORD .
Re: World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos by Pukkah: 3:43pm On Dec 07, 2011
ibide:

You call yourself a Christian? embarassed embarassed embarassed No way!  You must be an impostor. See what you posted earlier:

ibide:

I want every urhobo man to take not the itsekiri & has been  killing us for long pls [b]let used this as an opportunity to bring the devil to come & feast in delta state let oganise our self to kill the major people that the itsekiri [/b]have if we donot do this the will contineu to have theis way if my fellow urhobo's do not aggree with me then i pray that source killing should never stop in our land let do to them what we the did to gbaramatu ,gbaigolo & okotomu of whice we killed 90% of the three town let start by next week if not ogbe will never allow urhobo land to rest 

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guru Maharaj Ji Calls For Prosecution Of Sheikh Gumi For Negotiating With Bandit / How MFM Was Born, By Dr. D.K Olukoya / 5 Things That God's Anointing Cannot Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.