Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Dont Fall Victim, Uba Atm Machines Are Automated Thieving Machines! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dont Fall Victim, Uba Atm Machines Are Automated Thieving Machines! (1886 Views)

UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam / Transfer Money To Other Bank Accounts Accross Nigeria Using UBA Atm Mastercard / ATMs: Automated Thieving Machines? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dont Fall Victim, Uba Atm Machines Are Automated Thieving Machines! by savesoul(m): 1:53pm On Sep 27, 2007
Two weeks ago i went to my bank to make a withdrawal but the Queue was too long, i quickly remembered i had my ATM card in my wallet, i proceeded to the ATM machine but it wasn't functioning, i quickly whisked myself to a nearby UBA bank to use my ATM card on their Machine, i did all necessary procedures but the machine didn't give me my Money, the stupid thing even printed a receipt for me!! angry angry angry, complained but they told me to go to my Bank that they cant do anything to my problem. I had written 2 letters to the Manager of My Bank Branch, But i havent gotten my refund back. it is going to almost 3 weeks now.It had happened to me on a Diamond bank ATM Machine, but i quickly got my money back, Whats else Should i do? Will i get My money Back?cos it is taking too long.
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Uba Atm Machines Are Automated Thieving Machines! by Crownvilla(m): 2:12pm On Sep 27, 2007
Sorry to hear about that. Don't give up though, hound then till you get your hard earned money back.
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Uba Atm Machines Are Automated Thieving Machines! by enolase(m): 4:41pm On Sep 27, 2007
Here's a tip to avoid this problem.

The bank has a documentation of how much money is loaded into the machine on any given day, and also has a record of the transactions on that machine.

If for any reason you are not paid by the ATM, please go and make an immediate complaint, and demand that the machine be made unavailable for further use. Then they should be made to count the money left in the machine and cross check it with what is on the printed records of the ATM.

Very important.

Yesterday, someone nearly had a nasty experience in UBA. The money that was pushed out for him was almost drawn back after 5 secs. The guy had to forcefully stop his money from being taken back into the machine. It temporarily made the machine dysfunctional, but he got his money! cheesy
Re: Dont Fall Victim, Uba Atm Machines Are Automated Thieving Machines! by niyyie(m): 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2007
You think a Nigerian bank will shut down an ATM based on your request only?

(1) (Reply)

Why Small Business Fail In Nigeria / Etoro.com / 3k Facebook Groups With About 100 000 000 Members Biggest List..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.