Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Youwin Updates - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Updates (10167 Views)

Pictures of President Jonathan Inspecting an Aircraft Made by a Youth at YOUWIN / Successful Stage-1 YOUWIN Women Participants / YouWin Second Round Candidates List For The 36 States And FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2011
adisarasaq:

Pls help, my business plan was selected but i didn't check my mail until now and they said the training is from 6-9. Pls what can i do?

forget it man, 2mrrw is the last day, 1 out of 4 compulsory days will make no sense. they are so strict here, i doubt if u can beg ur way in
they sent the emails out 5 days prior, i cant believe this
Re: Youwin Updates by obowunmi(m): 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2011
Why is this program so rushed and hurried ? Godddammm
Re: Youwin Updates by obowunmi(m): 9:06pm On Dec 08, 2011
Adisarasaq, if u miss now, you can always apply next year.
Re: Youwin Updates by dokkyelele(f): 9:40pm On Dec 08, 2011
hello can somebody tell if there is any accormodation and allowances. I need to knw plzzz
Re: Youwin Updates by obowunmi(m): 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2011
No allowances! No accomodation, Just food. Lots of food.
Re: Youwin Updates by ambyzown(m): 9:59pm On Dec 08, 2011
mrjingles:

I hope you applied cos you really need the training on how to run a biz. The disbursements to beneficiaries are not the only outlays. the man said they were fed, it costs money, halls are rented and paid for, materials for training are not free, transportation is not by foot and administrative work would not be done by a charity organization. You don't have access to all the information so you can't make any judgement.

Did you notice a provision of N4.8bn for advisers et al?
Re: Youwin Updates by Ayanfe4me: 10:02pm On Dec 08, 2011
Pls i'll like to know if they'll provide accommodation so that i'll know how to prepare for the training. Thanks.
Re: Youwin Updates by obowunmi(m): 10:40pm On Dec 08, 2011
There's no accommodation.
Re: Youwin Updates by frog12: 10:47pm On Dec 08, 2011
I thought it will run 3yrs, for the total 1200 winners.  Are you saying there will be 3600 winners for the entire 3-yr period?  

Your idea of Cloud Computing is unfeasible, there is no power in the country,
So many catfish, poultry ideas, just as I had thought, they selection criteria doesn't seem rigourous.

More feedbacks please.
Re: Youwin Updates by jmaine: 11:03pm On Dec 08, 2011
Nice one OP . . . .
Re: Youwin Updates by frog12: 11:59pm On Dec 08, 2011
Honestly, I want to hear more feedbacks, and the types of ideas that were selected.
Re: Youwin Updates by Beaf: 12:21am On Dec 09, 2011
I'm sure Rhini.5dm is still busy "advicing" Akpabio about how to build roads and employ Julius Berger; he might even be very occupied single handedly saving Italy from floods, while drawing up CAD diagrams that can miraculously drill oil. . . I'm sure he is very engaged in the formulation of the next high story, while his mates are positively seizing the opportunities of a lifetime through YouWin.

Poor Rhino.5dm and the 12 wretches he is "feeding." embarassed
Foolishness is a cheap drug.
Re: Youwin Updates by mrjingles(m): 9:14am On Dec 09, 2011
I didn't hear anybody say well done to FG or is YOUWIN an NGO program? The usual people who flood threads with insults are giving this one a wide berth.
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 09, 2011
all ideas av heared so far sounds like something that already existed, just that they all seem to want to extend it, and do it in a way thats never being done b4.
Re: Youwin Updates by debokaz(m): 11:59am On Dec 09, 2011
I think youwin guys would have done better if they had given reasons for not selecting some entries.
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 09, 2011
How many who applied to redeveloped agricultural farmland or who wanted to venture into farming are accepted.
I applied to developed a verifiable arable land of 10acres that will be used to plant medicinal herbs that will greatly help in the nation rollover malaria program, i sited such an example in Kenya where such herb production are been assisted by WHO.
The email i received stated that i am not qualified, where are we heading to in this nation all talk about farming etc no action
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 09, 2011
so far so good in Kaduna. the venue was changed to gamji and so far, the lectures are great. waiting for the selection.
Re: Youwin Updates by agabaI23(m): 2:43pm On Dec 09, 2011
indigene:

How many who applied to redeveloped agricultural farmland or who wanted to venture into farming are accepted.
I applied to developed a verifiable arable land of 10acres that will be used to plant medicinal herbs that will greatly help in the nation rollover malaria program, i sited such an example in Kenya where such herb production are been assisted by WHO.
The email i received stated that i am not qualified, where are we heading to in this nation all talk about farming etc no action

You may have a good idea but a wacky biz plan. A good idea needs a good biz plan to succeed. A bad idea with a good biz plan has a better chance in my opinion

1 Like

Re: Youwin Updates by frog12: 3:56pm On Dec 09, 2011
ladanski,
Can you give us a brief overview of the lecture? Is it about creating a biz plan, etc?
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 09, 2011
the lectures focus on how to run your business successfully, what to look out for, legal matters, how to write a convincing biz plan,
accounting (balance sheet, calc. break even, financial projections etc.)

plus special etisalat lines to call anyone of 6000 invited users, 24/7 for free.
so if i experience challenges with my new business, i can call chukwudi in ondo to ask his views and solutions
without feeling embarrassed about it.
Re: Youwin Updates by frog12: 7:14pm On Dec 09, 2011
Thanks. I thought so, how to write biz plans, etc.
To be honest, this programme is poorly conceived, and I think it is doomed to fail. It will not yield the expected amount of employment, and I'm quite sure, the participants will only be given a tiny financial amount, to implement the biz.

They were only looking for simple ideas, or unfeasible ones.
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 09, 2011
so you are you telling me, if i give frog12 sound business training, then put 10million naira on top of it, you are doomed to fail?

i agree.
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2011
c'mon frog12, be optimistic. d lectures are mostly management courses and how to write biz plans.
Re: Youwin Updates by frog12: 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2011
ladanski & co:

I'm, but just making my initial assessments known. I said it before, the training would mostly comprise only how to write biz plan. How would you expect novices and neophytes to understand business training in 2 day sessions? Impossible. So it is poorly conceived.

It is similar to the Maryam Babangida's better life programme. If you really want to create jobs, partner with large/medium enterprises, or select those with the right qualifications, and sound plans, that would most likely succeed.

The objective behind the programme, is simple, the types of winners were already pre-selected. Now, if you still doubt me (though I have been right about the biz plan compendium so far), wait and watch 3 years from now, hahaha,
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 09, 2011
well i got free meals and i'm not complaining smiley either way, i dont want 2 look back nd say 'what if, '
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 10, 2011
webdezzi:

the lectures focus on how to run your business successfully, what to look out for, legal matters, how to write a convincing biz plan,
accounting (balance sheet, calc. break even, financial projections etc.)

plus special etisalat lines to call anyone of 6000 invited users, 24/7 for free.
so if i experience challenges with my new business, i can call chukwudi in ondo to ask his views and solutions
without feeling embarrassed about it.

frog12:

ladanski & co:

I'm, but just making my initial assessments known. I said it before, the training would mostly comprise only how to write biz plan. How would you expect novices and neophytes to understand business training in 2 day sessions? Impossible. So it is poorly conceived.

It is similar to the Maryam Babangida's better life programme. If you really want to create jobs, partner with large/medium enterprises, or select those with the right qualifications, and sound plans, that would most likely succeed.

The objective behind the programme, is simple, the types of winners were already pre-selected. Now, if you still doubt me (though I have been right about the biz plan compendium so far), wait and watch 3 years from now, hahaha,

1st u did nt answer my question : if i give you sound training, and give you 10M, will you fail?

i listed SOME topics covered and you chose to see just the biz plan so you can drive home your point.

let me tell u something frog, being a professional at anything is relative.

to a guy who started programming 2 years ago will see seun osewa as a pro, seunosewa MAY likely see mark zuckerberg as a pro, Mark will see Larry page as a pro.
same with business, to Dangote, your a complete novice and neophyte.
Dangote should be given all the money based on your point, not baby professionals like you

with that username you have, i shouldn't be arguing with you. just had to tell u what you dont know
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 10, 2011
at the final class. venue has changed again but the topic 2day is biz plan.
Re: Youwin Updates by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 10, 2011
venue changed back 2 UI

Re: Youwin Updates by frog12: 6:03pm On Dec 10, 2011
webdezzi:

I can't answer that question, because in business, there are many factors that decide success:

1. Luck
2. Talents
3. Marketing potential and connection
4. Demand & Supply

I didn't necessary focussed on biz plan, I also mentioned that it is impossible to teach novices business concepts in 2 days, even pupils take months to understand how to count 1,2,3.
What I said about biz plan was in fact correct, as I expected a programme of this type, to only offer training focussing on such, and other variables one should consider in business.

It would have made sense for the FG to partner with successful companies, to offer social programmes, internships, industrial trainings, to unemployed youths --that will keep them busy, and also offer them trainings in return. The benefit is, if those youths want to start their businesses after, they are already well-equipped.

It just seems like a waste of money, since the expected # of employment is simply an expected outtack, without understanding the qualifications and backgrounds of those selected.

Would you rather give Dangote a billion to create thousands of jobs, or a new graduand? Dangote, of course, because he has the track record in the industry: his companies are profitable.

Even if I were to be given the money, it may or may not succeed, because many factors decide success. I will try my best regardless, because I understand my limits, and my skillsets, and how it can be employed to better advantage.

Listen, I will be honest with you, I applied because I wanted to make a difference, however inspite of our earlier criticisms that the FG could have partnered with Medium/Large enterprises to make jobs available --not this way.

This seems like a proof-of-concept, with so much money at base, and in proof-of-concepts, if the results are not enviable, after a while, the project could be cancelled, or funds could be diverted to many areas as see fit. With these amount of money, you shouldn't make it a proof-of-concept. I think most are not aware of this, already, it is a face-saving scheme for the FG, not concrete. But good luck, and let's watch.
Re: Youwin Updates by NET1(m): 6:16pm On Dec 10, 2011
frog12:

Listen, I will be honest with you, I applied because I wanted to make a difference, however inspite of our earlier criticisms that the FG could have partnered with Medium/Large enterprises to make jobs available --not this way.

The bolded part is all I want to hear,

.NET
Re: Youwin Updates by obowunmi(m): 6:41pm On Dec 10, 2011
Frog12: I agree with you, I am indeed watching. I seriously want to see the final winners. undecided undecided undecided

I know its going to be the Igbenedions and Adenugas, the politically connected that will win the final prize.
Re: Youwin Updates by tuniski: 6:47pm On Dec 10, 2011
na wa oh for us. Why cant we just be skeptical and wait till 26th jan to know d real thing at least for d 1st time we are witnessing this scheme. It appears ok to me uptil dis moment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Forex Trading Vs Nigerian Factor. Who Wins? / Best Yahoo Boys Apps For Fast Cash Out (2022 Latest Update) / AMCON Hands Over Keystone Bank To New Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.