Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

How Do You Overcome The Guilt From Cheating - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do You Overcome The Guilt From Cheating (1937 Views)

The New Means Students Use In Cheating During Exams (photo) / How To Overcome The Fear Of Public Speaking / Exam Cheating Taken To Another Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Overcome The Guilt From Cheating by beejaei: 3:55pm On Dec 08, 2011
Ok, I am well above average in academic capability. But from time to time I cheat because I am too lazy to study for subjects I do not like. I am not just lazy, I just doubt my ability in those areas. So for example, I will study for all my math and programming classes, but I have problems when a course is all about memorizing definitions. I was caught yesterday. But that is not the problem. I am less concerned about the consequences of being caught than by the huge guilt that is burning inside me. I feel like a fake. I am well regarded in my school (maybe even overrated) as a very smart person. I feel like I am taking everyone for a ride. I am also trying to get into graduate school. If I get in, how do I not live forever with the guilt of knowing my success was not purely earned? Has someone been in this situation before? How can I get out?
Re: How Do You Overcome The Guilt From Cheating by iice(f): 6:47pm On Dec 09, 2011
Study for those subjects you didn't study for before.
Re: How Do You Overcome The Guilt From Cheating by atakiti(m): 6:56pm On Dec 09, 2011
Go to the Church pray for forgiveness from God, to forgive u ur previous sins of cheatting and turn a good leaf and try to study and don't be lazy to study. Though for now ur conscience will be at rest but try to call God for intervention.

(1) (Reply)

2015/2016 Uniben Admission Thread / Meet A Guy Who Started Writing Waec Examination The Year Waec Started / 12 Most Intelligent Nigerian Varsities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.