Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? (12145 Views)

Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? / NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles / Maggi Family Menu: (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by muyoto: 11:04pm On Dec 09, 2011
however, i don't think it's restricted to maggi cubes alone. I've also noticed it with royco
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by Iolo(m): 11:39pm On Dec 09, 2011
If you buy in bulk, store the cubes in the fridge. I discovered they become soft in a few days.

Maggi cubes especially are just too strong. I remember having to use "omorogun" to pound the damn tin. Don't knw if the people working there don't use it or what? Even warm water doesn't dissolve the stupid tin.

Its better to Knorr or Onga. They both taste beta IMO.
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by Yeske2(m): 12:25am On Dec 10, 2011
I wan laff die, una no go kill person
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by Flawless(f): 12:32am On Dec 10, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lots of funny response.
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:32am On Dec 10, 2011
at least you're trying to make your own food.  smiley

The old ones tend to be hard. Use the back of the spoon

armyone, stop making fun jare. that's why we have so many useless Naija males that cant even scramble eggs.
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by Iolo(m): 12:40am On Dec 10, 2011
I don't think back of spoon solves the problem. @ least for the Maggi Star cubes I've encountered. Those things are as strong as gravel, if not stronger.
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:36am On Dec 10, 2011
Then it's obviously stale. why use it?
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by Nobody: 2:15am On Dec 10, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

at least you're trying to make your own food.  smiley

The old ones tend to be hard. Use the back of the spoon

armyone, stop making fun jare. that's why we have so many useless Naija males that cant even scramble eggs.

Afterall all the BB, brazilian hair, blablabla we don buy una, make we scramble eggs join?
No make me use this Maggi bust your head
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by armyofone(m): 6:09am On Dec 10, 2011
you know we can buy our own lunch, pay for our hair styles, and also pay all our bills if push come to shove tongue grin now run along and go use micheline tyre dissolve maggie for ya stew.
yeah, you guys should be cooking and paying bills while bringing huge bacons (paychecks) home. na maggi una no fit use common two fingers dissolve, phew!! what's happening to our men folks? are their so call macho hands turning jelly/jello?

musKeeto:

Afterall all the BB, brazilian hair, blablabla we don buy una, make we scramble eggs join?
No make me use this Maggi bust your head
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by Nobody: 6:20am On Dec 10, 2011
armyofone:

you know we can buy our own lunch, pay for our hair styles, and also pay all our bills if push come to shove tongue grin now run along and go use micheline tyre dissolve maggie for ya stew.
yeah, you guys should be cooking and paying bills while bringing huge bacons (paychecks) home. na maggi una no fit use common two fingers dissolve, phew!! what's happening to our men folks? are their so call macho hands turning jelly/jello?

More like if push comes to stove,

U sure say na paycheck u mean by huge bacons(na wa for you o, cheesy),

Our hands are not turning jello, trust me you'd pay to be in my arms right now tongue
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by jazzyp(m): 6:24am On Dec 10, 2011
why do I have this feeling that this poster has a personal vendetta against the producer of maggi products. Wit all ur childish propaganda to discredit maggi products,'abi u find employment go there,dem no employ u, u com dey vent ur anger for nairaland abi, ? When u talk of top notch quality food seasoning,datz maggi mehn. Maybe u got urs 4rm pluto
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by Nobody: 6:27am On Dec 10, 2011
jazzyp:

why do I have this feeling that this poster has a personal vendetta against the producer of maggi products. Wit all your childish propaganda to discredit maggi products,'abi u find employment go there,dem no employ u, u com dey vent your anger for nairaland abi, ? When u talk of top notch quality food seasoning,datz maggi mehn. Maybe u got urs 4rm pluto

Nna nawa for you. Abi u sef dey maggi? Im no say maggi no sweet, just dat e hard welll, y e hard? Y dem no do am for syrup form, or put am as powder?
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 10, 2011
@OP, I hope say u no dey use this one do excuse after u don cook potty,

Bros: Nna, this food get as e dey
OP: Ehn, the maggi e hard well well,

Anyways sha, if u get blender, try blend the maggi before u put am for your concoction, or go hire one of these nl babes make dem cook for u,
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:40am On Dec 10, 2011
dont confuse me with the local monkeys you surround yourself

BB? who are you buying BB for? who is even using BB sef in 2012 undecided
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by Konnektions146(m): 9:48am On Dec 10, 2011
chei,
una no go kill me, imagine responses, ilove this community.

my personal xperience:
maggi is hard by default and as well royco but there is a general weather effect that tend to make it harder during the harmattan.

knorr is better with even taste and texture.
but dissolving a very hard spice cube in hot water helps before using cos most times it wont even dissolve inside the pot if not dissolved before use.

happy cooking
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by eghost247(m): 10:06am On Dec 10, 2011
even knorr too
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 10, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

dont confuse me with the local monkeys you surround yourself

BB? who are you buying BB for? who is even using BB sef in 2012  undecided

ah, sorry, foreign monkey
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by AmakaG29(f): 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2011
Well they're not the healthiest thing to be cooking with so maybe that's why, If they were easy you'd use them to often grin

That said, you need old Nigerian mother fingers to grind them. After a life of intense house work, you can grind anything with your bare hands: cube maggi, small stones, tree bark,
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by Babamide(m): 6:11pm On Dec 10, 2011
Like seriously, you had to create a thread about stony seasoning? E don finish,
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2011
stop confusing me with your iya. smiley
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by coolgb(m): 12:33am On Dec 11, 2011
Ok lemme go and check.
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by shumno(f): 4:07am On Dec 11, 2011
Use mortar and pestle to crush your Maggie into powder, I sometimes use the wooden stick I use to turn semo, tuwo etc.
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by Ramram: 8:31am On Dec 11, 2011
Who cares. As long as it gives the food good taste.
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by metodman(m): 10:37am On Dec 11, 2011
U are so crazy Okija, U made me laugh in church like a mad person.
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by juman(m): 4:14pm On Dec 11, 2011
Nickydrake:

First off, i live alone, make my own meals occasionally lipsrsealed and all. So, why exactly do they make these seasoning cubes so hard to grind with the fingers? Is there some high tech innovation for breaking 'em that i don't know abou undecidedt? Cos i almost get blisters every time i make a meal, thanks to rock hard Knorr cubes. In fact, i'm strongly considering getting a hammer and chisel solely for cooking purposes. cheesy
So i'd like an explanation and a less painful way of making good food. grin Thank you.

Why??
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by Nattyacid: 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2011
As long as it does its job in the food, then i'm fine.
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by tlops(m): 8:34pm On Dec 11, 2011
There are seasoning made in syrup form, however not commonly available in 9ja. Once I used a pair of pliers to crush one! those maggi cubes no easy. I blame GEJ.
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by mustspin: 8:36pm On Dec 11, 2011
^^^ grin grin grin grin na wah o, gej don hear am for una hand
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by tlops(m): 8:41pm On Dec 11, 2011
mustspin:

^^^ grin grin grin grin na wah o, gej don hear am for una hand
Guy No take am serious oh!
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by Rocktation(f): 11:58pm On Dec 11, 2011
Poster, †ђξ cubes only get strong when they stay too long I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ stores I believe. I've used a lot of seasonings that crumbled even before I added any real pressure.
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by Ybutterfly: 6:22am On Dec 12, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^ aS lONg a$ It mAkEs mY SouP YUMMY^^^^^^^^^^^^^^i dON't cArE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 12, 2011
Wen the askables get exhausted i'll see whats next to ask nairaland

Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China / Plantain Fufu? / How To Fry Groundnuts/peanuts With Garri On Stovetop