Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Renting A Flat For 2-3 Months? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Renting A Flat For 2-3 Months? (3663 Views)

{{{ABUJA} Do You Intend On Buying, Selling, Or Renting A Property In ABUJA? / Renting A Concrete Mixer Truck For 1 Day / I'm Interested In Renting A Mini Flat In Surulere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Renting A Flat For 2-3 Months? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:51am On Oct 02, 2007
i concur real thieves. haba N8000 a day. shoooo shocked for a short term lease, thats way over priced.
Re: Renting A Flat For 2-3 Months? by Ndipe(m): 6:51am On Dec 04, 2007
100 dollars a day? shocked

And I thought the bay area was expensive.
Re: Renting A Flat For 2-3 Months? by PapaBrowne(m): 12:29pm On Dec 06, 2007
I think there's a huge business opportunity in this question.

Check this out!
Rent a miniflat in maybe Lekki at 200k naira per annum.Furnish with 150k = 350k
Rent it out for 20k per week or 3k per day.
If your let it out for 40 out of 52 weeks, you get 800k
You have an outstanding profit of 450k.

I think I'm gonna do this but with many of such flats.
Thanks Seun!!
Re: Renting A Flat For 2-3 Months? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2007
@Papabrowne
That's actually a good business idea u mentioned there.  Also, it will definitely sell as long as you keep the price significantly lower than hotel accomodation.

However, most of the miniflats will be part of a block of flats or addition to a main house. So, from security point of view and other reasons, most landlords or agents will not be favorably disposed to the idea, especially in a place like Lekki. Also, miniflats in Lekki will costs you much more than that.

It is definitely a good investment, but I believe it will be easier for the Landlord. 

You know what? I will definitely not mind investing on that,  maybe partner with some people to buy/rent and furnish a house and let it out for short period. Maybe.
Re: Renting A Flat For 2-3 Months? by Seun(m): 2:30pm On Dec 06, 2007
If you can do this, i think I'll be your first customer. Good luck!
Re: Renting A Flat For 2-3 Months? by plaque: 6:35pm On Dec 06, 2007
PapaBrowne: You know of flats available in Lekki for =N=250,000 per annum?

There are such deals available _NOW_ ?

If you have a place in Lekki available for rent for =N=250,000 I'm game for rent RIGHT NOW!
Re: Renting A Flat For 2-3 Months? by ifyalways(f): 1:03am On Dec 14, 2007
its really a pity that its almost unobtainable to get a flat for short lease in nigeria. embarassed
here in ivory coast,be it a single room or even a duplex you need,you wud surely get it even in just a day and guess what without even having to part with anything like advance .YES no advance.you at most wud ne requested to pay for a month rent then pay for a minimun of 3 months "cushion" to a maximam of 6 months.the cushion is your money.if after the one month,you decide to pack out the landlord gives you back your cushion,NO STORY.the agents fee is always negotiable and nothing like finders fee too.so easy.

well i guess its all greed and get rich quick syndrome that is really drawing us back.
my heart bleeds cry cry cry

@ topic and poster well what can i say? good luck.
Re: Renting A Flat For 2-3 Months? by Bblak(f): 4:00pm On Dec 17, 2007
ifyalways:

its really a pity that its almost unobtainable to get a flat for short lease in nigeria. embarassed
here in ivory coast,be it a single room or even a duplex you need,you would surely get it even in just a day and guess what without even having to part with anything like advance .YES no advance.you at most would ne requested to pay for a month rent then pay for a minimun of 3 months "cushion" to a maximam of 6 months.the cushion is your money.if after the one month,you decide to pack out the landlord gives you back your cushion,NO STORY.the agents fee is always negotiable and nothing like finders fee too.so easy.

well i guess its all greed and get rich quick syndrome that is really drawing us back.
my heart bleeds cry cry cry

Na so we c am for here o.Quite a pity sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

MINI + 2&3BDRMS LETTINGS @ IKOSI-KETU,MAGODO PHASE 1&2,OMOLE PHASE 2,SHANGISHA. / for sale Lands @Ikoyi,LEKKI,iKEJAG.R.A,,AJAO ESTATE,ANTHONY VILLAGE,IRE-AKARI ES / Paint: Resist Fungi/algae, Growth & Fire/heat Retardant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.