Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Advise Needed Pls Before I Do Something Stupid - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advise Needed Pls Before I Do Something Stupid (1006 Views)

Don’t Be Stupid And Avoid These Career Killer Mistakes / What Will You Do If Your Boss Calls You Stupid? / A Banker's Ordeal= Advise Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Needed Pls Before I Do Something Stupid by bebe4u(f): 11:42am On Sep 28, 2007
I work as a poject planning engineer in an engineering firm, problem im facing now and it driving me crazy is my boss, when he makes mistakes in his decision or job responsibility he doesnt stand up to either defend or apologize for it during board meetings and most annoyingly is shifting the issues to me, i got to provide and sometimes gets query for his actions. right now one of those just happened where my MD/CEO is fuming all over the office with anger due to my boss mistake and the man as usual as pushed the blame on me. something he personally worked on.

im so pissed and at the edge of reporting him to d MD his incompetence and other mis demenour that ive been wrongly accused of because its seems he is not going to change and its affecting my mental state in the office
Re: Advise Needed Pls Before I Do Something Stupid by nawa1(m): 12:16pm On Sep 28, 2007
grin grin i sorry for you grin grin grin

seriously, i'm laughing because i'm in a similar situation as you are. i know what you are going through and i feel that pain almost every day and even today my boss unleash his anger on me for his mistake.

the good news is that i've learnt my lesson and i'm happy working with him and every other staffs in my company.

the secret is, don't get

so pissed and at the edge of reporting him to d MD his incompetence

try as much as possible not to be frustrated by his
mis demenour
even if you are
wrongly accused
and also learn to say "i'm very, very sorry sir, please let me get that fix right away", and finally, learn to be comfortable in the office and always put on a smile smiley
Re: Advise Needed Pls Before I Do Something Stupid by dearfriend: 11:31am On Oct 01, 2007
My dear, i know how frustrating this could be. i once had an admin manager like that, though the business development manager, she played same role like your boss but i made sure it fell back on her until she left. No one should stand on your nose and you allow them feel comfortable, do your own bits and make sure its evident that the one left is his and thereby standing away from his mistakes and troubles.
Re: Advise Needed Pls Before I Do Something Stupid by McOmo(m): 11:41am On Oct 01, 2007
Start looking for another job, when u get another make sure u dont allow these same mistakes ! on d other hand get ur MD to know u r displeased with some going-ons, if he gives u his audience only then would these issues LIKELY be attended to . .
Re: Advise Needed Pls Before I Do Something Stupid by Carlosein(m): 7:00pm On Oct 01, 2007
man sorry oh.

maybe you should have a talk wiith him and tell hiim exactlly how you feel about his avoiding blames (cos if there was glory to be taken he sure would want it).
Re: Advise Needed Pls Before I Do Something Stupid by skypower(f): 10:56pm On Oct 01, 2007
Sir, your reporting him will cause u more harm than good,i say that from experience. u wouldn't be there when he will be called to defend himselve.
My sincere advice is that you should pay some attension to his doing well on the job, see his success as yours and yours as his ( team spirit), and above all try to enjoy your work. Quiting will not help, as u cannot predict those u will have to work with at the new work place. cheesy
Re: Advise Needed Pls Before I Do Something Stupid by bebe4u(f): 4:35pm On Oct 02, 2007
@ carosein
(because if there was glory to be taken he sure would want it).

oh yes, he is pretty good at that, he does that without even sharing a bit of it with me.

thanks all for the advice. im doing my best and putting up a smile with an underlying rage of anger in me.
the man makes my blood boil

(1) (Reply)

BTN / International English Language Testing System(ielts)training / Bsc With 2 Years Experience And Bsc With Masters, Which Would Employers Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.