Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

How To Use Skybox For Fta In Africa - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / How To Use Skybox For Fta In Africa (5146 Views)

FTA Frequency / Latest Tech Multi LNB Satellite Dish (FTA) More Than 150 Free Channels / FTA For MBC2, MBC4, MBC Action & MBC Max (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use Skybox For Fta In Africa by LSBLeaky(m): 10:34pm On Dec 10, 2011
I hav a skybox of Amstard 280. Dont knwo if it can be used for FTA or Paytv in Nigeria.
Re: How To Use Skybox For Fta In Africa by lovala(m): 1:45am On Dec 11, 2011
use a normal fta receiver like any strong box and pick up your favorite fta channel then connect up your box and check to see if the images will roll out. That's all.
Re: How To Use Skybox For Fta In Africa by obnelly: 3:45pm On Dec 11, 2011
Sky box is the same as any other box only that its customise for sky just like dstv.
Re: How To Use Skybox For Fta In Africa by odilibe(m): 3:09pm On Dec 14, 2011
LSB Leaky:

I  have a skybox of Amstard 280. Dont knwo if it  can be used  for FTA or Paytv in Nigeria.
skybox can be used for fta satellite receptions but the problem with skybox it only accepts 2 symbol rates 27500 and 22000,on the other hand it only accepts frequencies from the ku band and not the C-band, i will give you few tips check satellites that the majority of it's symbol rates is 27500 or 22000 i.e, nilesat @7west,yahsat 1a@52.5e, hotbird @13east,badr4/5/6 @ 26east, eurobird 9a @9east etc ,these satellites should be fringe receptions in nigeria. To enjoy your skybox i suggest you install nilesat or even hotbird etc. Can it be used for pay-tv?that is another issue you should experiment on,since the skybox decoder uses NDS VIDEOGUARD conditional access i bet you , it won't work well for pay-tv channels in nigeria ,of-course no pay-tv in nigeria uses NDS VIDEOGUARD encryption. My conclusion is this, use the skybox as fta satellite in nigeria and direct your dish to nilesat and enjoy ,happy viewing grin

(1) (Reply)

Srt 4922a Decoder / How Can I Swap My Dstv Decoder? / TSTV: Where To Buy TSTV Decoder In Ondo And Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.