Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,237 members, 7,860,524 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:04 PM

Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? (868 Views)

Thanks for your opinion / Referee Details Or "Available Upon Request"? What's Your Opinion? / Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by bennie81(m): 3:36pm On Sep 28, 2007
fellow nairalanders, I want us to play our views. what is your stand on madam speakers indictment. do you want her to honourably resign or be impeached by members of the house.
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by johnuche(m): 5:15pm On Sep 28, 2007
I wonder what she's waiting for to resign. She's lost any honor whatsoever she ever had. It's a pity that Nigeria's image is badly affected by her actions and the actions of those who have supported all the illegality from the onset. She MUST be impeached if she wastes any more time.
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by oyagiri: 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2007
The honourable speaker, Patricia Etteh should at this point resign honourably 4 haven lost the respect and confidence reposed on her by Nigerians. We cannot afford to continue working with corrupt leaders, we are sick and tired of corruption especially in positions of authority.
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by iykrion(m): 9:18pm On Sep 28, 2007
Hello Everybody,
It's really disheartening that in the Nigerian Government, anything goes. No wonder our politicians see it as a government of "come and chop". The Hon Idoko led committee has submitted their report alright, the report says that "Madame Speaker did not completely follow due process" in the award of the contract. Another thing is that they said that they do not have the mandate to indict. The claim that their job is a mere fact finding one, that indictment or otherwise is the responsibility of the floor gives the Speaker an escaping route. This is because she will blackmail, buy, intimidate inter alia, the corrupt ones, and it is clear that they are in the majority.

If Nigeria is a country where majority of public officials are responsible, these madness wouldn't have even happened. Even if she scales the hurdle on the the floor. On moral grounds, she is culpable. What about the career civil servants who abeted this abomination? What kind of body could she have massaged with a whooping N98 million body massager if it was bought, based on her recommendation? Sagged breasts and buttocks?

If she renovates with such an amount (N529mn), then she certainly needs to empty the vaults of IBRD to construct a new building. What is her pedigree by the way? Certainly nothing to write home about. Can she stand before her constituents and tell them how much she expended on renovation alone. How many functional government-provided public facilities are in her Ayedaade/Isokan/Irewole Federal Constituency in Osun state.

I sincerely hope that there will certainly be a new Nigeria. I invite fellow patriots to join in prayers. It will surely be well with people of goodwill.
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by bennie81(m): 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2007
i think she should be impeached and be handed over to EFCC and ICPC for prosecution, afterall Wabara and Prof. Osuji where prosecuted for financial crimes of =N=55,000,000 bribe so what are they waiting for this is =N=628,000,000 fraud. what do you think
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by odada(m): 9:24pm On Sep 30, 2007
Good riddance to bad rubbish cool
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by mankevo(m): 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2007
I want her to immediately[b] [size=14pt]RESIGN [/size][/b]AND GO into [size=14pt]EXILE.[/size] As she leaves,Ume-Ezeoke of ANPP should follow suit for[b] BOLDLY[/b] supporting her.
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by awa(m): 9:46am On Oct 02, 2007
mankevo:

I want her to immediately[b] [size=14pt]RESIGN [/size][/b]AND GO into [size=14pt]EXILE.[/size] As she leaves,Ume-Ezeoke of ANPP should follow suit for[b] BOLDLY[/b] supporting her.

Patricia Etteh (this is becase she doesn't deserve to be addressed Madam Speaker by me any longer) is a shame to motherhood and I really wonder the kind of home she might have, even the children she might nurse. I wept for her and the nation when I heard the details of the investigation. Etteh was a woman God elevated from Hair-dressing, Manicure, Pedicure, etc of two-shop apartment to being the first female to have occupied such prestigious position in our land.

Patricia Etteh has found it difficult to follow the indelible foot-prints of the likes of Prof. Dora Akunyili, Dr. Oby Ezekwesili, Prof. Ndy Onyi-Uke Okereke, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Esther Nenadi Usman, ( even though these women are not Saints yet they have done alot for the betterment of the nation) because she has no pedigree nor antecedent of honour in her life.

Well, Patricia should do herself more favour to RESIGN than wait for IMPEACHMENT which is unavoidable in her case. She might have used her "bottom-power" paying in "KINDNESS" rather than in cash to deceive many over the Months but let us see if She can spend the ill-planned two-week recess to lure better number of the Reps. to her side. As for Ume-Ezoke of ANPP or whatever you people call him, nemesis will catch up with him sooner than later.

Once more, I must confess that Patricia Etteh's action is a simple betrayal on the motherhood and embarrassment to the entire nation in her war against corruption. Well, for now I don't have much time, otherwise I could have make a dissertation on the issue but the litmus test has being set for my Beloved Mr President Umaru Yar'dua to tell the whole world what his true nature about corruption is like. Etteh MUST GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIMPLE
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by Aussie(m): 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2007
All of u are carried away by Etteh's action that non of you could point out the fact that the poster shouldn't have posted onthis thread in the first place.

This thread is for jobs and not politics.

some of you would even do more than she has done if in her shoes.

Please study the rule oof the game before jumping on it.

Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by BIZ: 12:06pm On Oct 02, 2007
In fact, i dont know how to describe the level of megafraud perpetrated by the shameless, disgruntled and corrupt woman called Etteh or whatever she calls herself. Anyway, am not surprised as she has no any enviable intellectual and political pedigrees and antecedents. She is a mere opportunist, who by every standard is not qualify at all to near house of representive not to talk of being a speaker. Or what do you expect from a pseudo intellectual who was a failure in her hair dressing and menicure business before jumping into politics of " cash and carry' of our land? Everybody is struggling to get at least moderate job after your education but these stupid and callous individuals have motgaged our futures in the name of politics. Am boiling now. My SUBMISSION IS THAT THIS USELESS WOMAN SHOULD BE DISGRACED OUT OF OFFICE BY IMPEACHMENT. If Yaradua refuses to do this, his administaration is characterised with GRAFT and his anti-corruption crusade will be nothing but a mere declaration of principle.
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by bennie81(m): 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2007
@ Aussie

Aussie I think you are not a patriotic Nigerian, though this thread is for politics session but it affects us all, this particular topic is a general topic cos this are our leaders, their decision and corruption affects your living standard, employment, security, and providing basic amenities. do you want to continue searching for jobs for eternity!!!! when was the last time you had constant power supply, good roads, portable water and a fair cost of living for all. I believe people like you should not be given a chance to hold public office or lead because you will sale the whole nation. Its a pity that you support corruption I suggest you be banned for life on this site. HELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by bennie81(m): 1:51pm On Oct 02, 2007
@ Aussie

Aussie I think you are not a patriotic Nigerian, though this thread is for politics session but it affects us all, this particular topic is a general topic cos this are our leaders, their decision and corruption affects your living standard, employment, security, and providing basic amenities. do you want to continue searching for jobs for eternity!!!! when was the last time you had constant power supply, good roads, portable water and a fair cost of living for all.  I believe people like you should not be given a chance to hold public office or lead because you will sale the whole nation. Its a pity that you support corruption I suggest you be banned for life on this site. HELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by HillaryX: 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2007
This country scares me. We thot the men couldn't do it, that was why we put the female there. Isn't it so? Now the female has grown beards and the thing in-between the legs of men and has decided to behave like men who have no ears to listen to the voice of God.
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by Aussie(m): 12:29pm On Oct 03, 2007
bennie81:

@ Aussie

Aussie I think you are not a patriotic Nigerian, though this thread is for politics session but it affects us all, this particular topic is a general topic because this are our leaders, their decision and corruption affects your living standard, employment, security, and providing basic amenities. do you want to continue searching for jobs for eternity!!!! when was the last time you had constant power supply, good roads, portable water and a fair cost of living for all. I believe people like you should not be given a chance to hold public office or lead because you will sale the whole nation. Its a pity that you support corruption I suggest you be banned for life on this site. HELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who the hell told u, Bennie81 that am still searching for a job?What gave you the impression? I think you are seriously sick upstairs.

What have i said that made you proposed life ban for me? All because i pointed out that this thread in NOT for politics? And who told you i have the interest in holding public office inthe near future? what the kind of job i have now, i think am a bit comfortable and i don't expect quick riches let alone joining the bad wagon called politics.

I think you should go back to school,if you are a graduate, and learn comprehension and how to understand simple line i n English language or communication in English(GNS101)

You a simply a novice and an illiterate for saying such to me. Am till in the office and online for throughout the evening waiting for your response so that i can give you another dose.

Small rat like ur stupid idiot self.
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by awa(m): 12:42pm On Oct 03, 2007
I really wonder what Patricia Etteh should still be doing at Abuja instead of cooling off at Kirikiri "Minimum" Prison at Lagos. Better still they should send her to EFCC or ICPC for proper probing. I am glad for the conclusion of the nine-man independent ad-hoc committee as quoted here:

Conclusion: Based on the committee's evaluation, the committee concluded that due process was not completely followed in the award of the contract based on the following:

*The tender was not advertised;

* No in-house Bill of Quantities and Drawings (Architectural, Structural, Electrical and Mechanical) as such, there was no basis for arriving at the approved contract sums;

* No specific budgetary provision for renovation and furnishing of the official residence of the Speaker and Deputy Speaker in 2007 budget;

No specific budgetary provision for the purchase of vehicles for principal officers in 2007 budget;

*The procedure for the award by the body of principal officers on July 12, 2007 shows major act of omission and disregard for laid down procedure;

* The memoranda for the award of contract presented at the meeting of the Body of Principal Officers of July 12, 2007 were raised before some of the quotations for the jobs were processed.

* Some of the companies that sent quotations were not registered with Corporate Affairs Commission. They, therefore, lack capacity to compete for the contracts in question since the law does not recognise them as persons;

*It appears that some principal officers were excluded from the meeting of July 12, 2007 by not serving them notice for the particular meeting particularly the minority leadership;

*The contract sum of N238,852,151 in respect of the renovation and furnishing of the residence of speaker was for the main house and not inclusive of cluster of structures in the compound; and

* All quotations relating to the renovation and furnishing contract directed to the office of the Speaker and those directed to the office of the Clerk to the National Assembly were first acted by the Hon. Speaker for the attention of the Clerk to the National Assembly directing him to process.

Patricia Etteh is a born Criminal and should be treated as one because Speakers who were once involved in Misappropriation of funds appear better moral wise than her.

Patricia should go back to her Salon and continue extorting money from Manicures and Pedicures.
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by Aussie(m): 2:57pm On Oct 03, 2007
Huuum,

JUdges! Judges!! Judges!!!

All seeking cheap popularity.
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by bennie81(m): 4:06pm On Oct 03, 2007
@ Aussie

it's a pity that you fail to understand your english, what do you mean by study the rule of the game before jumping into it? may I ask what is the rule of the game? cutting corners and bribery which is encouraging corruption. Am not going to use any abusive word on you because I was brought up in a family with integrity unlike yours. You may be comfortable with your job but have you thought of those brothers out there in the streets without jobs and food to eat, common!!!!! all fingers are not equal but corruption have made innocent masses to suffer I am convinced that you are not a Nigerian or you are heartless to the plight of common man who has the majority vote during the elections to bring into office those corrupt leaders like Patricia Etteh that you are supporting. it's really a shame I should remind you that though you may be a graduate but am also convinced that you did not pass through the university system rather the University system passed through you and wasted a whole FOUR YEARS. you may be priviledged, what of others that are not, in what ways can you lift up those suffering. rather than fight for the liberation of the masses you support corruption. You are really a disgrace to Nigeria indeed. think about this "THE EVIL THAT MEN DO LIVES WITH THEM" Etteh must surely face the music of corruption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by Aussie(m): 6:27am On Oct 04, 2007
@Bennie81,

I quite agree with u that Etteh must face the music but unfortunately you do not understand my point. I have not at any time supported corruption neither will i ever.

Am a Nigerian, a typical Ekiti boy, lived all my life in Lagos. I understand the plight of the masses like my self and do feel for us. I know what i went through in school before God saw me through. The hardship reigning in the country today is the handiwork of these unpatriotic Nigerians(politicians)-Agreed

But the fact remains, Etteh has erred and must be shown the way out-Definitely.(This will happen when plenary resumes next week)

Bennie, go back to my first post on this thread and read again, that was i said the knowledge of comprehension is invaluable at this point. I never mentioned or supported any of your allegations against yourstruely. My point is this-Wrong Topic in the Wrong Thread(Politics posted on Job thread.)

That is the point i tried making. Friend, put your acts together and let my see your response BCOB today!
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by bennie81(m): 9:46am On Oct 04, 2007
@ Aussie

I quite appreciate your views and you pointed out that corruption should be rejected in every ramification "TRUE WORD" may I ask you what do you mean by I quote you "STUDY THE RULE OF THE GAME BEFORE JUMPING INTO IT" AUSSIE WHAT IS THE RULE OF THE GAME YOU MEANT. this is where your strenght of grammatical comprehension comes into play. let us all hear you, the quote is what the house wants you to expalin.
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by Aussie(m): 11:13am On Oct 04, 2007
bennie81:

@ Aussie

I quite appreciate your views and you pointed out that corruption should be rejected in every ramification "TRUE WORD" may I ask you what do you mean by I quote you "STUDY THE RULE OF THE GAME BEFORE JUMPING INTO IT" AUSSIE WHAT IS THE RULE OF THE GAME YOU MEANT. this is where your strenght of grammatical comprehension comes into play. let us all hear you, the quote is what the house wants you to expalin.

bennie81,

By Study the Rule of the Game Before Jumping into It, i mean studying the rudimentary regulations as per Nairaland Forum.

There are specific major topic headings for various discourse or subjects. So if you have a topic to post which, of course, may relate to health, romance, career, sports, and in this case POLITICS, you are expected to click on the provision made for such subjects and air you views for as long as you want or can.

But in your own case, you did the reverse, posting political discourse on a thread that is strictly for JOBS.

It's putting a square peg in a round hole.

Do you now understand me better? and why i should not be banned for life but you should be penalized for not playing the game according to the rule.

Meanwhile, if you are convinced, i demand an APOLOGY

Please always watch your spellings, they are BAD
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by bennie81(m): 11:46am On Oct 04, 2007
@ Aussie

I acknowledge your explanations and demand for apology. I owe you no apology in the sense that the topic may seem political, but it is a generic one because it affects us all, there are many views and replies to this topic by members of goodwill and high pedigree unlike you. You have a job and a comfortable one as you claimed, why then are you on this site!!!. Men keep your pride and focus on anything that will educate others, get everyone informed as well. We are all soldiers in the battle field struggling to fight-off setbacks and move ahead to achieve our goals, I am convinced that you lack understanding about this topic and I declare your demands for apology null and void. talking about the rule of the game I understand every rules on this site and what prompted me to inform us to pass our views on this sensitive matter is to get everyone informed and also know how job seekers feel about our beloved country. The issue of Nigeria should not only be political it should be a generic one and universal in which everyone is indebted to consent and pass opinions. I hope you understand my English because I suspect you may have problem with understanding simple grammatical views. Aussie I am still suggesting that you look before you leap and always be patriotic and a true Nigerian. You should be apologising to me for your crude manner of expression and psychiatric illness which you exhibited on this thread, it's a pity though. An apology is inevitable unless you have done this, I still stand my suggestion of imminent life ban for you.
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by Aussie(m): 11:56am On Oct 04, 2007
@bennie81

Try get something to do. All the best.
You know what?
Be at the Law School on Saturday for Nigeria Breweries Test. Don't know whether you got the text.

But then gatecrash might as well help. Hope am now been useful to you. I hope to see you there cos i might have to supervise you.

Catch you there.
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by Aussie(m): 12:12pm On Oct 04, 2007
@bennie81

I insist you did not post in the correct section as you should. You are just giving baseless excuses for your wrong action. Why can't you just admit your guilt?

Life Ban? Na yam?

Please is there any way we can see one-on-one if you are a male and let's thrash this out once and for all.

Am tired of all these grammer we have been throwing about.

Am back to work and, as usual, waiting to read your grammer.
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by biggirl1: 3:09pm On Oct 05, 2007
aussie, are u a male? my God u sound too arsh take it easy on the guy, i tink he is a guy like u and u are matured, u onsulted him too much with ur first response, he misunderstood u but u should av brushed him up properly, haba, i was shocked to read such a message from u two on this site, pls u two should try and always talk to peolple nicely especially those u dont see.it goes a long way to those u see physically.Godbless u two in ur pursuit in life.
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by akumbu: 4:36pm On Oct 05, 2007
Good topic in the wrong position,
Seun Pls move it to Politics section for non job seekers and everybody
Re: Madam Speakers Indictment What Is Your Opinion? by Akhaine: 1:19pm On Oct 06, 2007
okonjo-Iweala patricia etteh
- Former Finance Minister -Present or Almost going- speaker house of representative
-Negotiated Nigeria out ot of foreign debt -Increased our debt by awarding inflated contract
-PHD holder -Hair dresser and too dumb to get a degree
-Internationally recognised scholar & professional -World acclaimed Thief & enriching herself corruptly
-Putting smile on the face of Nigerians -Riping Nigerians off and giving them the bitter pill to swallow
-Selfless -selfish

This is to tell u the kind of leader that this country is been lead by,an hairdress 4 that matter & the kind of party that she represents who say it is a PDP family affair.it tell u that the collective resources of nigerians have also become the the that of a few pdp elements who have no shame.come to think of it how could somebody in is or her right senses spend 638 million on house renovation which is equilength to the allocation 4 one year in her local government in her native osun state.i expect that by now she ought to have been recall by now, any way nigerian must be ready to in unity to push her whether PDP or the house of REP like it or not.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Brewries At Last! / Transocean Oil Services Interview Tips Pleeeaaaasseeee / Intercontinental Portharcourt!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.