Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,219 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? (17459 Views)

Top 10 Safest Cities To Visit In Nigeria / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / What Are The Safest Parts Of Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? by alecwatts(m): 11:16am On Feb 21, 2012
The Garden Route, Port St John’s, Cape St. Francis, Cape Town and The West Coast are the safest place to live in South Africa.
Re: Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? by saintbajar(m): 10:21pm On Feb 21, 2012
best places to reside is eastern and western cape.

dont be deceived any other place, ready to always make a plain (bribe)

weman wahala, people hating on u becuz ur 9ja. think before u choose a city.

smiles,
Re: Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? by ayandee: 8:52am On Feb 24, 2012
I lived in Capetown for a year while studying for Masters. Beautiful city! It is relatively safe but avoid the following areas- Gugulethu, Kayelitsha and Nyanga. They are black ghettos with reported incidence of xenophobic attacks. The coloureds live in areas like Bellville, Delft, Mitchell plain and Belhar. The coloureds are friendly but avoid walking around those areas at night. Some of my colleagues fell victims of armed robbery attacks while moving around those areas at night. The safest areas are the white dominated areas like parklands, protea hills etc. Avoid the trains as much as u can. If you must board trains, avoid coaches with only few people. Infact, sit in crowded coaches. The public transport system is poor. I advise you buy or hire a car. That will help a great deal especially at night.
Re: Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? by saintbajar(m): 10:44am On Feb 24, 2012
ayandee:

I lived in Capetown for a year while studying for Masters. Beautiful city! It is relatively safe but avoid the following areas- Gugulethu, Kayelitsha and Nyanga. They are black ghettos with reported incidence of xenophobic attacks. The coloureds live in areas like Bellville, Delft, Mitchell plain and Belhar. The coloureds are friendly but avoid walking around those areas at night. Some of my colleagues fell victims of armed robbery attacks while moving around those areas at night. The safest areas are the white dominated areas like parklands, protea hills etc. Avoid the trains as much as u can. If you must board trains, avoid coaches with only few people. Infact, sit in crowded coaches. The public transport system is poor. I advise you buy or hire a car. That will help a great deal especially at night.

lol, best way to enjoy cape town is avoid blacks and colored. mostly colored because they ant friendly and they got the heart of stone. the white are cool but never admit you are 9ja. dont even talk about country, wrong unless they will finish u with yap.lol. i reside in sea port/water front area always safe and fun. but pretoria rocks for me, speed and safe train system, safe buses and meter cab. only wrong is just so much police every were because its a government area. and to many 9ja not doing anytin for a living.

smiles,
Re: Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? by Dondav(m): 3:02pm On Feb 27, 2012
I stay in Randburg! Windsor, It's kul here and white dominated.
Re: Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? by RSA(m): 9:23am On Feb 28, 2012
Dondav:

Welcome to the Replublic of South Africa.Although I can't really agree with you on Windsor being white dominated but I hope you having a great time.

I'm sure you are pleasantly surprise with everything,like now you know that

1.Nigerians and other African nationals are not hated by locals.
2.That the country's crime rate is ridiculously exxagerated
3.Local black people are doing extremely well
4.And politically South Africa is very vibrant and a free society
5.Infrustructure is developed and maintained at the world class standard
Re: Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? by ojdollars(m): 2:19am On Feb 29, 2012
RSA:

Welcome to the Replublic of South Africa.Although I can't really agree with you on Windsor being white dominated but I hope you having a great time.

@RSA , Good morning Boss, nice to have you on this thread. Is very important I get your contact, as there are very urgent personal issues I need to talk to you about, and I think you would be of great help to me. Thank you very much as I anticipate your contact info.
Re: Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? by ojdollars(m): 2:20am On Feb 29, 2012
Dondav:

@Dondav, is there anyway to reach you? By email or phone, I wouldn't mind, is important Sir. Thanks
Re: Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? by Dondav(m): 12:35pm On Feb 29, 2012
RSA:

TRUE, But what's Number 6?
Re: Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? by Dondav(m): 12:37pm On Feb 29, 2012
ojdollars:

@Dondav, is there anyway to reach you? By email or phone, I wouldn't mind, is important Sir. Thanks
Sure! Why not?! My mail is davidslab@yahoo.com And my PIN is 21BB84FD
Re: Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? by ojdollars(m): 1:48am On Mar 01, 2012
Dondav:

Sure! Why not?! My mail is davidslab@yahoo.com And my PIN is 21BB84FD

@Dondav, I sent you an email, I hope you got it.
Re: Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? by saintbajar(m): 10:35am On Mar 01, 2012
RSA:

All the 5 are big lies, stop calling black white and white black. south africans dont like foreigners (if you watch this particular progrem on SABC where they show how foreigner are been killed coded by 8tas.) including they own zimba.

crime here is on the very high side. (ridiculously exaggerated as you called it)

the local black ppl have no job put and thats what MALAMA is fighting for remember.

political, ANC and PDP no different. just PDP in an advance way.

Infrastructure is 20% of new buildings and 80% of very old building though they have good maintenance.

smiles,
Re: Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? by lug40(m): 1:44pm On Mar 01, 2012
I reside in Durban, South Africa is a safe place to live provided you are not idle,anywhere and everywhere is safe for you live.I don't know why people like saying stupid things about a place is safe or not.Why dont you pack your things and jet out of the country then.As for me,SA is a very good place to live.Good and well maintained infrastructures,well maintained facilities.But you have to note this:ITS EXPENSIVE TO LIVE IN S.A,If you'r coming here to Hustle,Buckle up your belt,Come here and make findings of what you want to invest in or do before coming, Trust no one here because there is no broda here in SA.All naija wants to extort the JJc, The locals are very good people and the only crime rate comitted by the Locals are theft.Phone snatching and robbing you off your belongings on street,Its so clear.This kind of thing happens all around the world, You must know where to stroll when it's dark night.
Just make sure you plan yourself better before coming,Its very hard for Foreigners to get jobs here except if you are Doctors or Nurses.So plan and think twice before coming here.Money doesnt grow on trees here and before you can make The Rands, It takes a whole lot of hard work,prayer and focus,
This place is 100% better than Naija, But dont be deceived by the Lights and Tall Buildings, I wish everyone coming here safe journey and Good Luck,
Re: Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? by RSA(m): 1:48pm On Mar 01, 2012
saintbajar:

All the 5 are big lies, stop calling black white and white black. south africans dont like foreigners (if you watch this particular progrem on SABC where they show how foreigner are been killed coded by 8tas.) including they own zimba.

crime here is on the very high side. (ridiculously exaggerated as you called it)

the local black ppl have no job put and thats what MALAMA is fighting for remember.

political, ANC and PDP no different. just PDP in an advance way.

Infrastructure is 20% of new buildings and 80% of very old building though they have good maintenance.
smiles,

There is no cure for jealousy my friend. grin grin grin
Re: Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? by RSA(m): 1:53pm On Mar 01, 2012
ojdollars:

@RSA , Good morning Boss, nice to have you on this thread. Is very important I get your contact, as there are very urgent personal issues I need to talk to you about, and I think you would be of great help to me. Thank you very much as I anticipate your contact info.

thappyhoggs@gmail.com
Re: Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? by saintbajar(m): 5:28pm On Mar 02, 2012
RSA:

There is no cure for jealousy my friend. grin grin grin

Am not jealous of anytin my boss. cause i also reside in SA. but forget all the honey talks. if we see tru make we talk mahn.

smiles,
Re: Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? by Dondav(m): 6:25am On Mar 03, 2012
I'm yet to understand the damn place!
Re: Where Is The Safest Place To Live In South Africa? by Dondav(m): 7:09am On Apr 24, 2012
What do you think about Pretoria?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Elderly Man Knocked Down By A Hit And Run Driver In Benue. Do You Know Him? / Tier 2 Dependant. My Sojourn To The UK / FG Launches Harmonised Departure & Arrival Cards At Airports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.